Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery didn’t work?

14 hours ago, JohnnyCakes said:

you started at a relatively low weight and you’ve lost 30lbs in less than two months.

WTF ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT!?! that is a very good rate of weight loss!

when will you 250lb women learn to stop comparing your loss rate to 500lb men?!? this isn’t that hard of a concept. proportionally you’re losing just as fast!

the complaining.... jesus christ.......

First of all don’t be rude. You can the exact same thing while being nice. I’m not comparing myself to 300 pound men or women! I’m comparing myself to people who are at around the same weight as me. Also did you not read my post? I’m saying I’m slaving away to lose those 30 pounds. I actually work out. When I know plenty of people that don’t even step foot in a gym that are losing 5 pounds a week.

7 hours ago, onthaedge said:

JohnnyCakes - Wow, entitled a*****e much? Stop telling women how they should feel. I'm not grateful for this at all - I'm in pain when I eat constantly and my throat is closing up. I dry heave randomly throughout the day. I would trade in that weightloss at this point. My doctor literally told me I could be losing more but am not because of my complication, so kindly shut the f up.

now see... pain and throat problems is something to complain about. losing 16lbs a month is not.

fact remains that lately there has been a rash of b*tch sessions (mostly from women... conclude from that what you will) about not losing weight fast enough even though they are losing at the rate of 15-20lbs per month. likely because they cruise these forums and see 400+lb men who lose 25-30lbs in their first few months and greedily want the same.

Just now, Lacecute said:

Also did you not read my post? I’m saying I’m slaving away to lose those 30 pounds. I actually work out. When I know plenty of people that don’t even step foot in a gym that are losing 5 pounds a week.

i did read your post. now for you to learn something new...

exercise does not cause weight loss. and MORE exercise definitely doesn't cause MORE weight loss. sorry to be the one to dispel this myth for you, but it's been pretty well proven by a lot of credible research. in fact, if you are "slaving away" at the gym, that might be hampering your weight loss even further. that is, if you had a real problem with rate of weight loss, which you do not.

i would recommend you stop obsessing and doing something lighter that you enjoy (walking is probably best) rather than "slaving away" at the gym.

but what do i know, i'm just an a$$h*le.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyCakes said:

now see... pain and throat problems is something to complain about. losing 16lbs a month is not.

you need to keep an eye on your rage levels as well. perhaps a psychologist can help with that.

fact remains that lately there has been a rash of b*tch sessions (mostly from women... conclude from that what you will) about not losing weight fast enough even though they are losing at the rate of 15-20lbs per month. likely because they cruise these forums and see 400+lb men who lose 25-30lbs in their first few months and greedily want the same.

You know if you’re just going to complain about women I don’t think ANYONE wants to hear it. Also statistically the majority of people who get bariatric surgery are WOMEN. Wanting to lose more weight doesn’t make you greedy by the way. People just want to know if they’re doing something wrong or can improve their results by doing something similar to what someone who is losing more is doing.

Quit hating. No one needs that. If you’re going to just be rude to the people here that are offering their help and me then GET OFF MY POST.

1 hour ago, JohnnyCakes said:

i did read your post. now for you to learn something new...

exercise does not cause weight loss. and MORE exercise definitely doesn't cause MORE weight loss. sorry to be the one to dispel this myth for you, but it's been pretty well proven by a lot of credible research. in fact, if you are "slaving away" at the gym, that might be hampering your weight loss even further. that is, if you had a real problem with rate of weight loss, which you do not.

i would recommend you stop obsessing and doing something lighter that you enjoy (walking is probably best) rather than "slaving away" at the gym.

but what do i know, i'm just an a$$h*le.

I’m doing what my doctor and my nutritionist want me to do. They said cardio, so I do cardio and I burn 800 calories doing so. Because I HATE exercise, to me it is slaving away. But exercise is part of being healthy. A calorie deficit = weight loss.

48 minutes ago, Lacecute said:

I’m doing what my doctor and my nutritionist want me to do. They said cardio, so I do cardio and I burn 800 calories doing so. Because I HATE exercise, to me it is slaving away. But exercise is part of being healthy. A calorie deficit = weight loss. Maybe you could do some cardio too(: might help you bring your blood pressure down from being a raging a*****e. It must be stressful.

i'm a runner with a resting BPM of 44 and blood pressure of 115/70. but thanks for the recommendation.

let me ask you... if you are "doing what your doctor and nutritionist want you to do", and aren't going to take any advice from anyone on here... then what is the purpose of this thread? just to b*tch? :lol:

1 hour ago, JohnnyCakes said:

you need to keep an eye on your rage levels as well. perhaps a psychologist can help with that.

First off, I put my throat issue in my original post - you just chose to ignore. Why are you taking the time out of your day to try to make people feel like ****? I'm sick of men like you, thinking you're holier than thou and know EVERYTHING. Cut your damn mansplaining. I was told I should be losing more weight by my doctor but can't due to my complication, so if I want to "complain" about it, I will. I psychically cannot eat or drink the calories I need to in order to lose weight, but I'm sure you know that since you clearly have an MD. How DARE YOU try to tell me what I should feel. My rage levels are just fine, I just refuse to be talked down to by some keyboard warrior. Your comments are unwanted and unnecessary. Stay off threads if you don't like the content and don't want people to call you out on your bullshit.

56 minutes ago, Lacecute said:

If you’re going to just be rude to the people here that are offering their help and me then GET OFF MY POST.

i was offering help. i think your rate of weight loss expectations are far too high, i think you are exercising too much (800 calories per workout is extreme), and i tried to educate you that weight loss is NOT as simple as calories in / calories out. but you have rejected all of that (sound) advice and have turned into a raging b*tch launching ad hominem attacks against me.

again, i think finding a good psychologist might be your best bet.

2 minutes ago, onthaedge said:

I think you should see a doctor about your ****** level - it's really f**king high. First off, I put my throat issue in my original post - you just chose to ignore. Selective f**king reading. Why are you taking the time out of your day to try to make people feel like ****? I'm sick of men like you, thinking you're holier than thou and know EVERYTHING. Cut your damn mansplaining. I was told I should be losing more weight by my doctor but can't due to my complication, so if I want to "complain" about it, I will. I psychically cannot eat or drink the calories I need to in order to lose weight, but I'm sure you know that since you clearly have an MD. How DARE YOU try to tell me what I should feel. My rage levels are just fine, I just refuse to be talked down to by some keyboard warrior. Honestly bro, go f**k yourself. Your comments are unwanted an unnecessary. Stay off threads if you don't like the content and don't want people to call you out on your bullshit.

nicely done!!! :1312_thumbsup_tone3:

4 minutes ago, onthaedge said:

I psychically cannot eat

p.s. - you what?

On 10/10/2017 at 0:18 PM, Lacecute said:

Hey guys! So I had gastric bypass on Aug. 14.2017. I was 249 starting, on surgery date I was 239 and today I am 208.8lbs.

40 pounds in 8 weeks sounds pretty good to me, personally. With a starting weight of 249, assuming you have 100 pounds of excess body weight, and using the average achievement of losing 75% of that in one year with gastric bypass, you are already halfway to your goal. Good job!!

Edited by Apple203

Reminder: Please everyone read the forum rules you agreed to abide by when signing up for an account here https://www.bariatricpal.com/guidelines/. The cursing and calling each other names need to stop, immediately! If this behavior continues, we will suspend accounts permanently and without any warning.

On 10/10/2017 at 2:43 PM, onthaedge said:

I feel the exact same. It's been 2 months as of this week and I've only lost 32.4lbs due to the surgery. I was under the impression I'd lose a lot more and I am barely eating. I did have a setback these past 2 weeks - we discovered I have a stricture, so my esophagus is closing up and food is not leaving my stomach properly. I got it stretched out, but it needs to be stretched a 2nd time. I have started working out as of last week, 3x a week for a half hour at a time. I'll increase after that to an hour. I'm just not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Someone mentioned you aren't eating enough, that might be the case for me too, but I psychically get sick if I eat more than 1/4 or a 1/2 cup. Not sure what to do but thus far am really not satisfied with my progress.

Sorry to hear about your stricture -- yikes, what a unfortunate development! BUT, congratulations on your weight loss! From 265 to 219 -- that's 46 pounds! 75% of excess body weight in a year is the average loss with bariatric surgery. Assuming that is about 86 pounds (you don't list a height, so I assumed a goal weight of 150 pounds), you are more than half way there and its only been 2 months. Good job!

7 minutes ago, Alex Brecher said:

Reminder: Please everyone read the forum rules you agreed to abide by when signing up for an account here https://www.bariatricpal.com/guidelines/. The cursing and calling each other names need to stop, immediately! If this behavior continues, we will suspend accounts permanently and without any warning.

Will do, thanks for the reminder. Though I think a few of us would really like to stop being harassed a particular individual who is not providing any actual support other than upsetting other people on this particular page. No one deserves to be attacked for a post they are making and looking for suggestions and encouragement. I honestly did not expect such a thing from members of this site, but I was definitely wrong.

3 minutes ago, Apple203 said:

Sorry to hear about your stricture -- yikes, what a unfortunate development! BUT, congratulations on your weight loss! From 265 to 219 -- that's 46 pounds! 75% of excess body weight in a year is the average loss with bariatric surgery. Assuming that is about 86 pounds (you don't list a height, so I assumed a goal weight of 150 pounds), you are more than half way there and its only been 2 months. Good job!

Thanks so much! I'm very short, so I should realistically be around 120lbs. I'm hoping for 130lbs, but I'm having a lot of trouble the past two weeks eating, drinking, anything, because of the stricture. I actually feel worse since they stretched it than I did previously. I'm hoping it can be fully fixed but I've had little guidance from my doctor's office as to what I should be doing and what else can be done to fix it. :(