Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery didn’t work?

18 hours ago, StartingFresh said:

Everyone loses at a different pace. I started at 278 lbs was 271 three days prior to surgery. Date was 10/26/17. On the 27th I was weighed at the hospital was 269 and my one week follow up I was at 262 that was about 9 days after weigh in at the hospital. Today I went to my NUT (8 days later) and I'm 252 lbs. To me that's great I'll take it!! I read a out so many people losing so much more weight that I have but I don't let it bother me. This is my own journey I'm happy with a slower rate of losing because I'm still losing. I weigh at home too I've been 252 for about a week now but I imagine that's my body catching up with what's happening to it. I also follow my team's recommendations to a "T" and still not dropping weight at a high rate. So long as I'm losing something I'm grateful. In total I've lost more than I have in 20+ years.. Hang in there! You got this!

In 3 weeks and 2 days (i.e. since 10/23) you’ve lost 19 lbs. And that’s in spite of the extra weight from the fluids pumped into your system during WLS. That’s not “a slower rate of losing” at all. You’re doing better than many people at this point in their journey. Please don’t label yourself a slow weight loss loser; instead, no labels at all if you can. Good luck!

I have to say Im baffled as to why people are unkind. This is a support group, Im sooo happy for those further ahead in their journey. It gives us newbies something to look forward to. @finnix you are inspiring and beautiful. Thank you for inspiring others [emoji4][emoji106]

5' 5"
HW: 259
CW: 235
GOAL: Healthy and hard 140-ish?

17 hours ago, Sherry Rice said:

I have to say Im baffled as to why people are unkind. This is a support group, Im sooo happy for those further ahead in their journey. It gives us newbies something to look forward to. @finnix you are inspiring and beautiful. Thank you for inspiring others emoji4.pngemoji106.png

5' 5"

Lol the person banned for lieing about there weight loss and creating loads of different profiles is an inspiration lol? She's not even the person in her profile picture lol. And she had the same weightloss signature on two of her other accounts lol.

Lol the person banned for lieing about there weight loss and creating loads of different profiles is an inspiration lol? She's not even the person in her profile picture lol. And she had the same weightloss signature on two of her other accounts lol.

I didn't know that, my apologies. I see no need to be unkind. This is a support group, lets stick to the support part and help each other out. Happy Holidays 🤠

5' 5"

This whole tread is pretty bad. For a newbie, where my ‘go to next unread post’ keeps bringing me back to this!

I was expecting more general support - is it this awful very often?

Edited by Biddynz

54 minutes ago, Biddynz said:

Well, there are certain "hot irons" that cause people to go wild again and again. ;)

On 11/15/2017 at 0:10 AM, Amburmist said:

Unfortunately, its not as simple as CICO (cals in, cals out). Without going into my complaints, for some, it's become A LOT more complicated than just cutting calories, trust me when I say that. For some, the weight just pours off and it DOES seem like it's as simple as CICO. But for others, many others (me included), just cutting calories isn't doing jack. Constant 'stalls', as some call it, or just no movement on the scale no matter how closely one sticks to the diet plan and exercise regimen given to them by their team. So, just be careful with judgement. WLS doesn't work the same for everyone and every body doesn't take to WLS like one thinks it should.

I so agree with this! CICO is a concept that can only truly be applied to a "closed" system--like in a vacuum! And our bodies are so complex. We are a multi-layered arrangement of continual feedback loops that are connected and interconnected to each other. Build a metabolic beaver damn along one feedback loop and watch how it blocks the cascade of metabolic function below it!

I personally have tested this time and again with PCOS and very high HOMA-IR scores. Turns out if you put me on a low carb AND low fat diet, add thyroid hormone, AND add Vitamin B1 (thiamine,an energy converting sub particle of Vitamin B ) I can finally lose weight at something approaching a slow normal rate. If you don't do that, then I might only take in 400cals per day, but I certainly won't lose any weight because my metabolism is locked up in multiple feedback loops.

On 11/15/2017 at 7:11 PM, Sherry Rice said:

I have to say Im baffled as to why people are unkind. This is a support group, Im sooo happy for those further ahead in their journey. It gives us newbies something to look forward to. @finnix you are inspiring and beautiful. Thank you for inspiring others emoji4.pngemoji106.png

5' 5"

I agree!!? It makes no sense at all to me and besides, why would someone even join this or any support group to begin with if their not going to be SUPPORTIVE?! Truly is sad. I just am so very thankful for all the kindness out there towards myself and so many others I read about on this forum. It’s a delicate and extremely vulnerable time for so many of us, largely Ide say everyone, and we need each other’s kind support👌🏻 Hugs! 💕Jennifer☺️

On 11/19/2017 at 2:20 AM, Biddynz said:

This whole tread is pretty bad. For a newbie, where my ‘go to next unread post’ keeps bringing me back to this!

No not in my experience it’s not awful very often. It’s very supportive and kind. I too was extremely shocked and disheartened at this thread, however it’s the ONLY thread I myself have come across like this. Take heart, we’re all bruised, vulnerable and in need of MUCH kindness, support and love during this difficult time, there were just a few sour apples who happened upon this thread unfortunately. Truly, it’s a wonderful forum and the creator of the forum is very strict about his policy and thankfully very considerate of our vulnerabilities at this time. He generally steps in quickly when alerted to right the wrongs & protect us. I hope this helps?💕 Hugs to you dear friend❤️ Jennifer

Wait...you've lost NOTHING since going from band to sleeve? Nothing at all after 18 months?? That's devastating esp after we do these things to our bodies. I def would consider going to bypass, but hell, I'm frustrated with my own slow loss rate so maybe I'm not the best one to recommend that to u. [emoji4] Sounds like u need some type of revision tho.

I was told by my surgeon that going from band to bypass, as I did, my weight loss was going to be slower than people who haven't gone from band to another procedure, so I'm trying to be tolerant with my slow weight loss. But I'm only 1 month out. You're 18 months out and should be seeing results by now. So yes, I would FULLY consider another type of revision. To what, tho, I don't know. What are u leaning towards?
I have gone band to sleeve and I am down 64 pounds. It will be 5 months tommorow. My weight loss has slowed down for sure but im still at a steady 2 pounds a week. Look at everything you are doing. Really be honest with yourself.

Sent from my LGMS210 using BariatricPal mobile app