Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first official R&R...Bandsters who dont know a damn thing about banding

How about these?

I'm on the first day of my 3 day pre-op diet, and I cheated and ate a whole pizza. I don't think I can go 3 more days on liquids!

At this point, I would have to seriously re-think my commitment level and whether I really WANT to be banded, since it's not a magical cure that will instantaneously and without any effort on our part make the weight disappear!

Personally, I had a 10 day liquid diet, that I didn't cheat on because I decided that if I was going to go through with it, I needed to be able to prove to myself that I was committed. And I was.

My Pet Peeve:

I need advise, if I exercize will I loose more pds? I will be a hottie and buy more cloths!

Come on people at least look at other posts too see how the words are spelled!!!! Sorry if I sound crabby but I am today!

how bout people who tpe like this...its soo frstrting i dunno, like im not sur how to write, if english was ur 2nd langage i culd almost unnerstan, but cum on! sayin spllng isnt my strong soot an stuff is bs, i hate what im-ing has done to the langage online,its mad ppl 4get how 2 actulyy speak or put there thots n2 words

how bout people who tpe like this...its soo frstrting i dunno, like im not sur how to write, if english was ur 2nd langage i culd almost unnerstan, but cum on! sayin spllng isnt my strong soot an stuff is bs, i hate what im-ing has done to the langage online,its mad ppl 4get how 2 actulyy speak or put there thots n2 words

Well said!!!

How about this one? :

too tight or just doing things wrong?

HI ALL. I just had my third fill 10-8 at 3cc. was at 2.6 with minor restriction. O.k at times it seems like I cant eat anything solid, and at other times it seems like I can eat quite a bit, but it is usualy foods that arent good that I can eat, like chips, Cookies stuff like that. When I try to eat good food like chkn. or ground beef I cant have more than 2 bites, and I'm slimeing(almost at every meal). Well I'm pretty determined to not getting an un fill because I haven't lost any weight at all since the surgery in june. Am I doing some thing wrong or will things loosen up a bit, why can I eat a lot sometimes and nothing most of the time??

I read that post and wanted to cry. I feel badly for the poster, but I want to ask if she researched this at all.

The hard part is do we want to write and help these people, or do we just get so frustrated that we just ignore posts like that. I tend to answer at least one ridiculous question when I go to new posts. After that, I just click on the next post.

Isn't Wendall's lap band 101 and 102 posted somewhere? We need to direct them to that.

Yeah, for about 3 months, there I didn't post much of anything because I would read one of those and I just couldn't bring myself to respond. I mean, come on, I know most surgeons will not even let you begin the whole process without going through SOME of the education process. I was required to go to at LEAST one seminar, and read a whole book prior to banding.

Another pet peeve of mine is to see a newly banded person post a question on here, only to have someone who isn't banded, and is brand new to the board posts "advice". How can they even begin to know what they're talking about????

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't that make anyone else want to scream?

Okay, I have another one. Now, I realize there is a fear that goes with surgery and that's fair. BUT, at some point it needs to be put in perspective.

Aren't some people essentially saying, "I have no fear of a heart attack, stroke, blood clots, diabetes complications, or breathing problems from being FAT but OMG, what if the same damn thing happens during surgery so I can get healthy? Is surgical banding really worth the risk?"

When I see people preferring fat over a small chance of surgical complications, the above is what I am hearing.

Yeah, for about 3 months, there I didn't post much of anything because I would read one of those and I just couldn't bring myself to respond. I mean, come on, I know most surgeons will not even let you begin the whole process without going through SOME of the education process. I was required to go to at LEAST one seminar, and read a whole book prior to banding.

Another pet peeve of mine is to see a newly banded person post a question on here, only to have someone who isn't banded, and is brand new to the board posts "advice". How can they even begin to know what they're talking about????

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't that make anyone else want to scream?

j

When I see someone who isnt banded giving advice to a newbie...its like they are jumping up and down on my last nerve. I even told a gal on another forum to back off and her words would have more weight when she was banded. (She had never been to Mexico and was wrong on every point she stated).

j

When I see someone who isnt banded giving advice to a newbie...its like they are jumping up and down on my last nerve. I even told a gal on another forum to back off and her words would have more weight when she was banded. (She had never been to Mexico and was wrong on every point she stated).

Oh yeah, don't you just love those that are not banded, know very little about it but they watched 60 Minutes years ago where there was one surgeon that was really bad thus all banding in Mexico is EVVVVIL and if you go there you'll die!

Of course, we know that infection in US hospitals NEVER happens. Right.

Gotta love the experts on surgery in Mexico. They are so well informed. :)

What about those people who say they've been banded for months and fell completely off the wagon because they ate one bite of chocolate? And then go on for paragraphs about how they have totally failed and will now gain back all the weight?