Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first official R&R...Bandsters who dont know a damn thing about banding

I think I learned a lil sumpin bout you tonight....

I hope you still like me...just trying to add a little humor!

ROFL you all made me snort Water out my nose!!

And I haven't even gotten my approval yet. All the wonderous joyfull things to look forward to here. I can't wait. lol.

Man Im going to check the rant forum wwwwway more often now. lol

I have never posted those questions. Gimme a prize! I did post about a cold stopping surgery. Here's the response that I got from Dr. Curry.

If it happened prior to banding then I think it's a separate issue, although band patients can have increase in mucous due to it kind of sitting in the pouch area. Some patients do improve with OTC Claritin D.

I'm waiting on the nurse from my surgeon's program to call me back.

Ok. That was quick.

It's allergies. If you're not gagging or wretching and it's not actual vomit, you're fine. You've always done this and you blow your nose every morning. Now, if I just started, that would be an issue. You're not moving your esophagus to the degree of a slip and I saw how secure your band was placed.

Ohhhhhh! I have another one.

What about the people that don't know if they want a band or not because they don't want the incision scars.

stretch marks and 100+ pounds of fat are okay but tiny little incision scars are an absolute horror.

OMG I have heard that so often - are people totally nuts???? I have a one inch scar and what looks like freckles or moles, and heck I show them to anyone who wants to see. I was never fond of showing off my FAT BELLY.

How about an esophajaculation....okay that was bad...

Not fair! You guys had all the fun after I went to bed last night!

1. No, cheating on day 1 of your pre-op diet doesn't necessarily mean you have to cancel your surgery (but you might want to make another psych appt!)

2. You're so hungry because you don't have restriction.

3. How could I possibly know whether or not you will lose 50 lbs by whomever's wedding?

4. No, needing to lose 40 lbs doesn't make you a huge, fat, greasy, disgusting person. Thank you very much. My left thigh had 40 pounds to lose. I wonder what you think of me...

5. If you're truly a "li'l looser," I REALLY don't want to know about it.

6. Of course you're having diarrhea post-op, when was the last time you ate solid food?

7. Yes the hunger goes away. (e.g. when you eat)

8. Yes, I understand that your eye doctor recently told you that you are farsighted, but no, it has nothing to do with the band.

I have never posted those questions. Gimme a prize! I did post about a cold stopping surgery. Here's the response that I got from Dr. Curry.

If it happened prior to banding then I think it's a separate issue, although band patients can have increase in mucous due to it kind of sitting in the pouch area. Some patients do improve with OTC Claritin D.

I'm waiting on the nurse from my surgeon's program to call me back.

Ok. That was quick.

It's allergies. If you're not gagging or wretching and it's not actual vomit, you're fine. You've always done this and you blow your nose every morning. Now, if I just started, that would be an issue. You're not moving your esophagus to the degree of a slip and I saw how secure your band was placed.

Cool! That can put your mind at ease. Both responses were quick...viva la doctores!

If I may add.

We all lose weight at different paces. My weight is not a good indicator of what your weight loss will be.

You have gas post-op because they inflate you to see your insides.

You're six months out and haven't lost any weight because for the past 3 months you've avoided your doctor and you eat KFC everyday for lunch and dinner.

LOL. That felt good to post.

You are so right. I have that problem frequently but admit it's my own FAULT...I am learning the band and as a former food addict and wrestling with my addiction on a daily basis. I always throw in that's it's not normal or right.

Some have problems with bread, others don't.

Some have problems with chicken, others don't.

It's a learning process as we are all different.

Point blank, always check with your doctor with any problems.

Can we fit all of yours and Wheets in our sig line?

My new sig – unfortunately it wont all fit … this thread is great…

<<back to my fried chicken, sirloin steak, baked potato meal even though I just had a fill and am supposed to be on liquids>>

will I hurt my band??

- - - - - - - - - -

No, I can't tell you which WLS to get.

Yes, someone else has experienced it, whatever "it" is.

No, I don't know if you're going to need PS.

No, you're not in starvation mode.

No, I don't know if your band has slipped 6 hours post-op.

Yes, I've heard of it, whatever "it" is.

Yes, I know you are hungry on Clear liquids. You'll live.

No, I don't know which Protein shake you will prefer.

What can you have week two of your post op diet? May I see your written instructions? Then I can let you know.

Yes, exercise helps weight loss.

No I dont regret this surgery or wish I had RNY

your first fill wont work

We all lose weight at different paces. My weight is not a good indicator of what your weight loss will be.

You're six months out and haven't lost any weight because for the past 3 months you've avoided your doctor and you eat KFC everyday for lunch and dinner.

Ok, I can't help it. I came across a post about smells....OP was concerned it was surgery or band related, I guess. Anyhow, I was nice, and said I thought it sounded like a sinus infection, to which OP said, YEP, I'm on antibiotics for that very thing!!!! THEN......can I have a drumroll, please?....

A first time poster-newbie came on and said that maybe they put it on the inside, and she's "tasting the band". WTH? I truly hope that was supposed to be a joke, but sadly, I'd bet the farm it wasn't.