Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was the 1st area u lost the most in and was it noticable quickly

I lost in my face 1st. From the top down and thats not where I had the most to lose. It was a good 50lbs before people really started to notice. It was also 50 lbs before I needed all new clothes.

Hang in there. It will come.

Wheetsin: Your before and after pictures look amazing. I can SOOO tell you have lost from your bellybutton to your thighs. You should be so proud. Your "resistant area" is looking great! You are an inspiration. My surgery is in one week. I can't wait to get this show on the road!!!

Amy

I noticed the difference in my face about 2 weeks after surgery. I am proud to say that I only have one chin now! Other people have mentioned to me that I look much thinner when they see me from behind. My pants are sagging now in the bum so I suppose I have lost a good deal from the butt/waist area. Also my fingers have gotten pretty boney, I had a ring sized up 2 sizes in August, had my surgery 9-13 and just got it back from the jeweler 3 sizes smaller yesterday.:)

For me it is definitely in my face and neck area, also my hands. My wedding rings are ready to fall off! :eek:

I think I will be blessed not to get the sagging underneath the chin, and I think my tummy will be okay. Something I can live with until I have my babies. I can already tell I will have problems with the sagging under my arms and in my thighs though... :::):: Oh, well. Nothing a little nip & tuck won't fix.

It took about 50 lbs for folks to notice. I started at 330. Beleive it or not I lost in my Butt first. I think it was because I was doing a lot of walking.:)

wow you guys all have me so anxious to get this ball rolling, I am just reading the posts and I am absolutely amazed, I am so happy for all of you. You all are inspiration for me also. Thanks for the posts and inputs. we all need it. Cindy

Nobody else has mentioned the breasts. Is it just me? The first place I really noticed (after the face) was the boobs. They disappeared! I needed new bras before I needed new clothing. Then went the butt.

My original weight was 430 and I lost about 125 lbs on my own and one of the things I noticed was that it seemed like my boobs got bigger. I'm sure it was because other things got smaller but I was shocked! I've gained some of that weight back and am scheduled for LB in Nov. so I'm anxious to see what happens. I hope they don't get smaller!

Upper body, face, chest, shoulders.

it really surprised me. I had a BMI of 35, I didnt think I carried *much* weight on my upper body.

Its continued to astound me. I mean, I knew I had a fat arse, but only really FAT people have fat shoulders right? So...... the fact that I obviously had fat shoulders means i was fat? What? Why didnt someone tell me?

My upper body shrinkage is still causing me problems. Just had to buy an new dress for a do saturday night because the armholes on the one I bought back in July are so big that my boobs were hanging out the sides. And I've only lost about 10lb since then!

Oh - and I do remember looking down at my hands probably 12 months ago now and thinking "who in the hell do they belong too, they're not mine!". Weird. My hands and wrists are very thin now.

hello,i lost a fair bit in the first wk,mainly due to liquids[grin]i really didnt feel like haveing anything for the first wk,but dont worry,your appetite comes back.good luck

My loss has been pretty much an 'all over' thing. Wish I had done beginning measurements, but only did my waist. Think the most has come from there (I'm your basic apple, or should I say pumpkin shape) Lost 18 inches in my waist so far. Never did have a big butt or legs, but when trying on my fat pants, they now look like clown pants...winged and dragging on the floor!

My face is where most people claim the weight loss shows, and I definately can relate to the hands being thinner. Need to resize rings, but will wait.

Great thread!

Within the first week I noticed a change in the way tops were fitting me across my chest, no gaping buttons!