Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shopping for clothes is getting fun...

I hate the silk screened shirts too. They're unflattering...on my body at least. Makes me look at least 5x bigger than I am.. and then something stupid on them. I don't like any 'advertising' shirts. My g'parents always get those for me for x-mas.. they become sleeping shirts, because I won't walk out of the house in them.

SEQUINS.. and yeah, another 'what are they thinking??'.

And as for gathering at the boobs. I hate hate hate that. I like low-cut because I like showing my cleavage.. but the shirts that pull to the center of the chest, or have the line cut under the boob (not the empire look, but where its suppose to just hold your boobs I guess?) I don't FIT in them. So then my boobs hang out underneath, and the shirt looks horrible on me. I bought one of these shirts once and learned my lesson.

What I *DO* like-- tunics are in style, like crazy. This is the pointelle sweater I was talking about (I got it in cream) 163895_lila_cat.jpg

It is flattering, enhances the bust and minimizes the tummy. And I love sleeves that flare out at the end.

Cerrin,

The wardrobe is worse once you are banded...Well, for me anyway...I am just not excited by buying a ton of clothing that won't fit in a few weeks. LITERALLY, I just bought a pair of jeans..they were too tight so I didn't wear them for two weeks...then i wore them...it's been 3 weeks, and they fell off of me today. I know, we should all have such problems, right???

I am still wearing my 28 shirts...even though I am a 22...they look awful, but I don't want to spend money on clothing that will be disposed of so quickly.

:)

Lorraine

I feel the same way. I refuse to go out and spend a lot of money on clothes that hopefully won't fit for very long. I know that my co-workers are tired of seeing the same old clothes every week, not to mention the ones that are huge on me and make me look horrible. Once I get to where I want to be...I'll be all about the shopping spree. I try to pick up some inexpensive items when I'm out. This whole experience is very different for me (and frustrating at times). In the end...we're all going to be some very hot chicks!!! :eyebrows:

Thankffully My friends of varing sizes have offered some old clothing that they have grown out of. So when I hit a size I can borrow or have a pair of jeans or a few shirts of the right size.

Heck one of my friends has a size 20 dress a very nice dress too. I am currently at 30's right now. she said when I can fit into the dress she will take me out for a night on the town. I thought that was a great reward for hitting 20

Shopping is awesome now! I can fit into a size 7 in jeans noww!

but i have to make sure i don't buy too much because after another 2 weeks my new clothes start looking baggy, i can't wait until i get to my goal weight, then i can buy as much as i want!!

Yep, it is Hell being fat and wanting to look good if you live in Canada!!! And this is true even if you live, as I do, in Toronto - Canada's largest city. What we are offered are ugly, out of date, fussy clothes in ugly colours made out of synthetic blends. I figure the synthetic blends are an added bit of sadism: let's watch the fatties sweat in their plastic clothes!

And as for having drag queen sized feet - which I've got! - forget about finding cute shoes and boots for a reasonable price. Pretty shoes seem to end at size 9.5. The biggest reason I wanted the band was straight vanity. I wanted to be able to buy nice clothes again. And thanks to the band I have been successful. I can shop in the normo stores.

I'm from Canada as well and I really love shopping at Laura Plus. I always find what I want there but it does cater to more dressy/professional clothes. I buy my clothes for work there rather then my casual clothes.

What does everyone do about clothes from starting to goal weight. I don't want to spend money on clothes every couple of months, that could get expensive. I have only been banded for 2 weeks but my clothes are a little loose already.

Shopping is awesome now! I can fit into a size 7 in jeans noww!

but i have to make sure i don't buy too much because after another 2 weeks my new clothes start looking baggy, i can't wait until i get to my goal weight, then i can buy as much as i want!!

Isabella, you are quite beautiful and look great! Congratulations!

Actually, I had forgot about Laura plus. I went there once with a friend who had a car and really liked their clothes. Too bad they don't seem to have stores down in the city.

And Isabella, you are looking fabulous. Congratulations!