Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PMS

njgal

Sooo... since we obviously can't drown our sorrows and hormonal crazies in a tub of ice cream anymore once post op... please share

your secrets for keeping it together?

Sooo... since we obviously can't drown our sorrows and hormonal crazies in a tub of ice cream anymore once post op... please share
your secrets for keeping it together?

May sound irritating but exercise.... now reality ... shopping

May sound irritating but exercise.... now reality ... shopping

Hahahaha very funny :)) [emoji120] thanks for the suggestion though... shopping might work!

For me it's exercise. A five-mile run minimizes bloat and Water weight gain while functioning as a natural antidepressant (a.k.a. runner's high).

Exercise also minimizes cravings for junk because your body will demand better forms of fuel.

For me it's exercise. A five-mile run minimizes bloat and Water weight gain while functioning as a natural antidepressant (a.k.a. runner's high).
Exercise also minimizes cravings for junk because your body will demand better forms of fuel.

Thanks... so maybe I should prepare myself for it. I walk about 40-50 minutes everyday. Comes to about 3-4 miles. Will I ever be able to run this, I wonder?

I just went through this. I'm 3 months post op, and missed one cycle of my monthly, probably just because of all the changes I'm going through. I had bad PMS for about a week and a half before this last one came on, I was truly afraid I was going to have to kill someone before it was over. (Don't worry, my family survived) Not only did I have cravings for all the stuff I can't indulge in right now, I felt hungry all the time. Here are some of the things that helped me:

• True, exercise does help fight cravings and release anger and bad feelings, but on crampy days, I wasn't feeling it
  • sugar free ice pops helped with my sweet craving and need to crunch on something
  • Eating a Protein Bar that I like the flavor of helped my chocolate craving (I like Pure Protein Peanut Butter Chocolate for cravings) If you are watching carbs and calories, you just have to be careful with this as it really adds up.
  • Drinking hot herbal tea helped decrease hunger, peppermint is one of my current favorites
  • Staying well hydrated helps too, I tried to drink extra Water even though I really didn't want it
  • And last but not least, going to bed early helps. It seemed like the later I was up, the worse my cravings got, and when sleep deprived, it's easier to give in to impulse eating.

I just went through this. I'm 3 months post op, and missed one cycle of my monthly, probably just because of all the changes I'm going through. I had bad PMS for about a week and a half before this last one came on, I was truly afraid I was going to have to kill someone before it was over. (Don't worry, my family survived) Not only did I have cravings for all the stuff I can't indulge in right now, I felt hungry all the time. Here are some of the things that helped me:
  • True, exercise does help fight cravings and release anger and bad feelings, but on crampy days, I wasn't feeling it
  • sugar free ice pops helped with my sweet craving and need to crunch on something
  • Eating a Protein bar that I like the flavor of helped my chocolate craving (I like Pure Protein Peanut Butter Chocolate for cravings) If you are watching carbs and calories, you just have to be careful with this as it really adds up.
  • Drinking hot herbal tea helped decrease hunger, peppermint is one of my current favorites
  • Staying well hydrated helps too, I tried to drink extra Water even though I really didn't want it
  • And last but not least, going to bed early helps. It seemed like the later I was up, the worse my cravings got, and when sleep deprived, it's easier to give in to impulse eating.

Thank you so much! Glad everybody survived, lol!!