Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my first quote for a Tummy Tuck yesterday. It was $15,000 for a full tummy tuck, Lipo on upper, lower, mons pubis and flanks. It seemed a little high for the procedure. What are you guys cash paying for procedures like this?

I am still a year out from Plastics but I was down in Tijuana as a Companion and had the opportunity to meet with Dr. Alex Galvez through BariatricPal. I have to say I was very impressed with him and his Brand New O.R. and cant wait to get to a prolonged Maintenance stage so I can have these procedures done. If you haven't already get with Stacy and see if this team can fit your needs.

I’m not sure what a “full tummy tuck” entails, so it’s hard to say. I’m in Seattle & had a lower body lift with fleur de lis Tummy Tuck (no lipo) as an outpatient procedure at a surgical center & it was ~$13k. Will you be inpatient at a hospital? There are so many variables to consider, but as much as cost is an issue, I wouldn’t let that be a deciding factor. How did you feel about the surgeon? If you weren’t 100% comfortable & confident in their ability, keep looking!

I had a Tummy Tuck and lower body lift and paid about $11,500. My insurance paid about $3,500 so the total was about $15,000.

That doesn't sound like it is too much...I had a Panni done 2 years ago, due to complications my insurance was billed $39,000 due to an allergic reaction to the muscle relaxant they used. But I can say with full out blasts if you can get a tummy tuck!!! Everything my PS promised I didn't get!! Now after I whined about my upper stomach (right after surgery) he came back and said he had a deal for me, he would do Lipo on my upper stomach and because I had talked to him about a breast lift that he would do both for $6,000. Even if I was going to have it done (I don't have the cash and it isn't covered by my insurance) I definitely wouldn't go there. I think if I really was serious about doing anything I would go thru BARIATRIC PAL!!!! Again if you have any upper skin and fat DO THE TUMMY TUCK!!!! My skin is definitely tight he did make me a belly button too. I have a gallbladder scar the measured at least 13inches right under my boob line. After he tightened my skin it is way,way done close to my appendix scar. That was what he told me that my skin is tight so now you need LIPO, personally I think he was buiding business!!! Good Luck, Keep us posted on your results!!

I had a Tummy Tuck and lower body lift and paid about $11,500. My insurance paid about $3,500 so the total was about $15,000.

Do you mind if I ask what insurance was it?
How is the insurance approval process?
I guess it was n the US?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Back2fit said:

Do you mind if I ask what insurance was it?
How is the insurance approval process?
I guess it was n the US?

Thanks

It is Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. The process was pretty seamless. Doctor submitted the request after the procedure and BCBSM approved it right away. Within a matter of about 2-3 weeks.

What documentation did you need for ins to cover it?

54 minutes ago, Sosewsue61 said:

What documentation did you need for ins to cover it?

I didn't need to provide anything. My doctor just submitted it. This is just for the panniculectomy which was about $3,500. I still had to pay the rest.

I had an extended Tummy Tuck (all the way around minus one inch of skin) Breast Revision to close implant pockets that were too big and upgraded 8 year old implants from Saline to Silicone. The total was $17,500 and worth every penny.

I’m in Canada but will chime in. I paid $17,500 in August for lower body lift (360 degree circumferential lift) with mons lift, fleur de lis Tummy Tuck and Lipo. One night in hospital and scar treatments.

Totally worth every penny! And I’ll still need a revision to get the rest of the skin under my boobs. Surgeon can do a reverse tummy tuck to get it and likely I’ll have a boob lift at the same time.

Would love to have a small thigh and arm lift. But might just have to live with those.

When the time comes for plastics, I am strongly condiderin Dr. Peter Fisher in San Antonio, he has a hip-flap technique that I like for the abdominoplasty/LBL. Of course I will do more research. I do however like the work I see from Dr. Carmina Cardenas in Mexico.

5 hours ago, Sosewsue61 said:

When the time comes for plastics, I am strongly condiderin Dr. Peter Fisher in San Antonio, he has a hip-flap technique that I like for the abdominoplasty/LBL. Of course I will do more research. I do however like the work I see from Dr. Carmina Cardenas in Mexico.

Always remember they are NOT going to post failures. I'm not saying this to be rude but it does happe sometimes