Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I'm ready! [emoji848]

I have 9 days until my ESG. I'm wanting to make sure that I'm well prepared for all of this.

I already have: 2 and 4 oz containers w/ lids for sf/ff Jello, Protein Powder and fresh/frozen fruit for smoothies, unsweetened applesauce, a few jars of baby food, a daily log food journal (ordered on Amazon), my calorie fat and carb counter, several different kinds of sf/ff flavored water - some with extra B Vitamins for energy and some with electrolytes to keep me hydrated. Plenty of coffee and teas to replace my Diet Coke

I'm picking up my meds in a few days. I know that I still need to pick up some more broth and ff milk next weekend. I have logs printed to check my blood sugar every 4 hrs and write it down for my endocrinologist.

Is there anything else that anyone can think of? Is there anything that helped you most that I haven't mentioned?

I quit smoking 27 days ago - cold turkey, and feel great about that!!

I'm so ready for this!!!

Congrats on quitting smoking!!! That is such a great accomplishment and I am sure your body is thanking you.

It sounds like you have all your bases covered. Be prepared for your tastes to change after surgery. I had the VSG so I know that is different then your procedure, but it might be similar. I couldn't drink cold fluids for the first 2-3 weeks. They did not feel good going down so if you have problems try room temp or warm.

Just keep sipping so you can stay hydrated. I wish you good luck and blessings for a easy recovery.

Thanks Apple1! And thank you for the tip about the Water. That's good info to know!

I guess the part that will be hard is that you can't drink anything for 1 hr before or after eating. I can understand how people can get dehydrated. I usually gulp water super fast, so the sipping will be a challenge for me.

Maybe it is different for you, but for VSG it is 30 minutes before eating and 30 minutes after, for drinking. If it was 1 hour you would never have enough time to drink enough fluids. I would ask for clarification on this from your doctor.

My doctor says you can drink up to the meal, then not drink for 30 minutes after the mail.

Well, I thought I was ready and then got hit with a big disappointment the other day. My doctors office called my insurance and asked "is precert needed" and my insurance said "no, because this is an Outpatient procedure it's not needed". However, she never asked if this procedure is actually covered. So she assumed and told me it was and scheduled the procedure. Thankfully I called the other day to confirm and was told that it's considered investigational and not covered. They said if anything we can do a pre-determination and see if they'll grant permission for this procedure. After running around to several doctors offices to get my medical records for them, She marked it as URGENT and sent it off to my insurance for Pre-D. I've been told his can take up to 4 weeks and my procedure is scheduled for Monday 9/25. We have to make the decision today to reschedule or cancel if we don't hear anything back from the insurance. I'm so bummed out right now!! I've been crying for 3 days!!!

Just venting..... [emoji27][emoji27][emoji22]