Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

esophageal dis motility after sleeve

i had my gastric sleeve in 2014 november, i weighed 288 lbs and had alot of med issues, i had sleep apnea, diabetes, incontenence, high blood pressure. shortly after the sleeve it all went away, i then began with UPCHUCK everything i ate i would bring back up, my dr. discredited me , everyday i would call with the same issue , hello this is sharon what is going on everytime i eat i throw up!!!

finally i decided to seek a different dr. the new dr listened to me in 2016 he fixed a hihenal hernia, but it didnt fix the UPCHUCK, in 2017 he removed my galbladder after going to the ER and having a x-ray of my abdomin they found a inpacted galbladder and a ventral hernia.

still i had UPCHUCK

in may 2017 the dr decided to do a gastric bypass , i was 164.4 and as you geussed it i had more problems. i still had UPCHUCK they told me i had a stricture i had 2 EGD with dialation

still i had the UPCHUCK then the dr sent me for a esophageal motility test there it was the answer to my problem!!! my esophagus i have dismotility LES

wow so today im going for another EGD and i am seeing a thoricic dr who said wow what a mess i am a tricky , risky case

what do i do?

I'm in the same boat. I developed motility issues after my VSG in 2014, on Monday I was given a revision to RNY to try to tackle the GERD issues before they continue on with further treatments. What I understand at this point is that they have to take baby steps trying to minimize the impact of these complications by medication (do you have spasms at all?), or by surgical means. I was told that there's no guarantee any of these procedures would actually work. You may just have to wait and see what they throw at you. Ultimately I was warned that sometimes we just have to end up going with TPN when other treatments fail. It's a wait and see game. :(

i seen a gastro interoligist who said it was beyond his scope of practice, from there i went to a toacic dr. who esculaded my case to a bariatic surgeon that deals wit the issues im having and i see him on monday i am scared

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!