Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling sad after surgery...

10 hours ago, Rach84 said:

I'm also feeling extreme down ATM I don't miss food one bit, but I miss that weekend catch up and drinks, I am about to hit my month since surgery on Tuesday and I have not lost one single kilo in 3 weeks I feel as though I've made the wrong decision at this point, something is wrong

I'm sorry. Are you tracking your food? Take it to your doc and/or your nutritionist and see what they have to say. Big hugs!

1 hour ago, Cloebird said:

I'm sorry. Are you tracking your food? Take it to your doc and/or your nutritionist and see what they have to say. Big hugs!

Edited by YENi

I understand why you didn't tell, people start making judges, they think this is the easy way and you are doing this because you want to be pretty, skinny to buy nice cloth, they don't understand we do this for our health, the other things are nice side effects, but this is not the easy way I am 12 days post op today I still have tachycardia that is preventing me from start working out, I am eating puree ...yeahhh and life is going back to normal in some ways, ah I drove my daughter to the bus stop today also. As the days pass you will fell better, wipe your tears and think happy thought, see videos of puppies that definitely will make you happy. Enjoy the New life.

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

Kathy what did your surgeon say about tachycardia?

That it will go away, and sure did. I am better now 17 days post op, my heart beat average is 85 still high but coming down slowly. The highest I got was 151 bpm I was do scare. So on Wednesday next week I will start working out at 3 weeks post op.

1 hour ago, Kathytej said:

That it will go away, and sure did. I am better now 17 days post op, my heart beat average is 85 still high but coming down slowly. The highest I got was 151 bpm I was do scare. So on Wednesday next week I will start working out at 3 weeks post op.

OmG ! Same here I went to the E.R 2 weeks post op but now I'm 3 weeks out feeling better they did some E.K.G and that's all I'm waiting for my month out to be clear to work out 🏃🏼‍♀️

My sister had the surgery and warned me that depression was a side effect. THANK GOD SHE TOLD ME! , If I had that terrible bleakness hit me about a week after surgery without knowing it was normal I would have thought I was going crazy!

Keep your chin up though- I am at 2 months and the depression has long since lifted and I am figuring out how to live and work with my tiny tummy.

Hugs

My mom was not supportive at all but post op she has been essential. She helps me prepare meals and the first few days post op I was so uncomfortable I slept for an hour at a time sitting up on my couch. She helped me with my dog.

I’ve mostly kept it private except my family and a couple friends. It’s no ones business. Plus, it’s just a tool. We still need the strength to follow meal plans and eat right.