Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone do anything crazy being wheeled into the OR?

While i was waiting in the room outside of the operating theatre, the surgeon walked past me. I was hooked up to everything, IV in the arm and ready to go and I said to him "Am I doing the right thing". He looked at me very seriously and said, Yes, but you can call it off now if you want. I was minutes away from being wheeled in for surgery. I had to think about that quite hard at the time. I don't think he was very happy with me lol.

I didn't say anything unusual.. just a couple breaths of "oxygen", and I was out. My surgeon had come to see me before I was put under, and was super sweet. The only thing I remember him saying (it was just a quick visit) was "you'll feel restriction". Lol. Don't know if he tells everyone that, or if I got an extra tight sleeve. My postop eating seems average.. so I suspect he just says that to everyone.

It hadn't occurred to me that I WOULDN'T feel restriction! Made me start wondering a bit!

First meal outside of the hospital, I could take like 6 sips of liquid over 45 minutes. Yup! I had restriction!

I was so relaxed, they gave me something because I was so nervous!!! I was going out while they wheeled me into the OR. But I do remember scooting accross to get on the table. But...now I don't want to sound like a B**CH but with my past experience's with my Dr Tersigni ( he was a very cold man and had no bedside manner at all) as I was getting ready for yet another Endoscope w/ dialaton. I seen him standing outside my room with his bright hat eating a yogurt (no problem him if I was to be put out with that but when I go without my coffee and they come in with their cup I almost go physio) I started saying is that Dr. Tersigni is that the DR? Don't let him TOUCH me until I have got my stuff to go night night. Please don't!! She aske him if I was going to be put out? He said, "we always do!! I had seen him put his scissors into my hubby's infected stomach without numbing it at all. So with all of that stuff I FIRED HIM!!! We now go to one of the best Bariatric Center with the EXCLLENCE CERTIFicate. Not saying that our Tersigni didn't have that too but this is a whole different ball game!!

I actually walked into the ER. The orderly bringing me accidentally brought me into the wrong theatre... saw someone out on the table in the middle of a procedure and was like "huh that doesn't seem right..."
Probably would have terrified the **** out of me but I'd just had a couple ativan so I was juuuuust fiiiiine.

That's hilarious actually! I can't stop laughing [emoji23]

18 hours ago, GassyGurl said:

Right before they wheeled me out of the preop room, I exclaimed "my coochie itches so bad!". The nurse whiles around and said "oops, I forgot to tell you that a side effect of the medicine is a itchy vagina. It relaxes everything.". Supposedly the entire preop area heard our conversation. Lol

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

Well one thing is for sure, I won't have that side effect! lol