Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nervous about being sleeved 9/25/2017

I would love to keep in contact with you. How are you doing with your pre op diet? Yesterday was tough for me. Not enough calories!! Had a hard time focusing at work and was headachy and irritable towards the end of the day. My BMI was over 35 when I started the preop diet before last week, but now is has dipped below 35 as I am losing weight. So, using that excuse, I called the nurse today to see if I could get them to add a few more calories to this liquid veggie diet....no d1505600735712.jpegice haha! I was told to drink more Water for the headaches...ugh :). Anyway, I hope your mind is more at ease today. Do you have a project you can focus on for the next week and 5 days?

Congrats on Losing weight preop!!!! I had a headache too day 3, I had to take Tylenol. Hopefully out bodies will adjust to these new eating habits soon. Liquid veggie, oh boy!!!! Here's a copy of my preop diet. I haven't really been hungry, but I've noticed mood changes. I have the kids to keep me busy and work so my mind stays busy and the husband, so my mind is being worked overtime lol

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

I am 1 year out today. Head down, no distractions, do not talk about it to others, only close family and I advise not too much. You have to get your head wrapped around the journey you are about to begin, I spent a lot of time on the Gastric Sleeve website reading about others journey. I can now wear 6-8 pants, off all medications and feel great. The hardest part of the journey is the head games. Keep your focus. Good luck. I will pray for you

Thank you[emoji1]

I am laying here reading this after I had my sleeve done yesterday. I can tell you the nurse will tell you up I got really agitated and anxious and was snapping people's heads off. My mother thankfully was with me the entire way and would try to smooth the path and let everybody know she's just nervous and anxious which did help. If you have somebody that can go with you have them go with you. The staff has been really great where I'm at and I will just reconfirm what everybody else has said and say your prayers, if you have a favorite song say that in your head.

One thing I can say which arcs my mother is that I have been looking forward to the end results. That's helped me get through I created a Pinterest board that was private and started putting things on there that I would like to see me be able to accomplish once healing and surgery has been done and I've gone through everything I need to go through. Another thing is since I do love to eat as my dad would say I have found so many recipes for people who have had the sleeve done when they can finally eat that's having me the positive as to what I can look forward to. Find your motivation God is a great motivator singing as a great motivator and then just look forward to your in results and what you want to look like and being healthy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I am laying here reading this after I had my sleeve done yesterday. I can tell you the nurse will tell you up I got really agitated and anxious and was snapping people's heads off. My mother thankfully was with me the entire way and would try to smooth the path and let everybody know she's just nervous and anxious which did help. If you have somebody that can go with you have them go with you. The staff has been really great where I'm at and I will just reconfirm what everybody else has said and say your prayers, if you have a favorite song say that in your head.

One thing I can say which arcs my mother is that I have been looking forward to the end results. That's helped me get through I created a Pinterest board that was private and started putting things on there that I would like to see me be able to accomplish once healing and surgery has been done and I've gone through everything I need to go through. Another thing is since I do love to eat as my dad would say I have found so many recipes for people who have had the sleeve done when they can finally eat that's having me the positive as to what I can look forward to. Find your motivation God is a great motivator singing as a great motivator and then just look forward to your in results and what you want to look like and being healthy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

Amen, thank you

I got my sleeve right before school started so I was lucky with being flustered trying to do back to school shopping and last minute staycation trips for the kids. Plus I needed to get my house ready I wasn't sure who I was going to be on the other side. I need to prepare my husband my kids and the house itself. But a month and a half later I'm feeling more of myself then I have in a long time. While waiting on my stomach to heal I had to work I'm my mind so they could heal at the same rate.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi there, prayers make everything easier! I had my procedure done on 8/8/17 & as time approaches it got a little more scarier and nervous but i thought about the bigger picture, think about the bigger picture and you will make it through. I know initially that I'll lose weight after my surgery and my life would change for the better & it will happen slowly but my life changed that very day of my surgery, my first month i lost 40lbs, I'm so pround of myself for making thid change and i know you would too, just pray and you will make it through. Think about the bigger picture and it will be less scarier. Xoxo Nisha.

Sent from my SM-N920P using BariatricPal mobile app

I got my sleeve right before school started so I was lucky with being flustered trying to do back to school shopping and last minute staycation trips for the kids. Plus I needed to get my house ready I wasn't sure who I was going to be on the other side. I need to prepare my husband my kids and the house itself. But a month and a half later I'm feeling more of myself then I have in a long time. While waiting on my stomach to heal I had to work I'm my mind so they could heal at the same rate.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations, I know what you mean I've been trying to prep my hubby and my kids.

Hi there, prayers make everything easier! I had my procedure done on 8/8/17 & as time approaches it got a little more scarier and nervous but i thought about the bigger picture, think about the bigger picture and you will make it through. I know initially that I'll lose weight after my surgery and my life would change for the better & it will happen slowly but my life changed that very day of my surgery, my first month i lost 40lbs, I'm so pround of myself for making thid change and i know you would too, just pray and you will make it through. Think about the bigger picture and it will be less scarier. Xoxo Nisha.

Sent from my SM-N920P using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you and Congratulations of your "new self"