Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all October sleevers!!

Hello everyone, first time poster here, did the deal on 10-16 everything went pretty smooth and went home following morning. Stayed on pain meds a few days so no real pain, Water going down very easy, looking foward to getting some food in a few weeks to see how this little tune up works. SW309 curently 293.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

It continues to surprise how differently everyone reacts. Makes me wonder if we all have different tolerance levels for pain, if it is about your surgeon, how well prepared you are? Wish there was a clear answer but doubtful one exists. My 6 day jitters grow. Am I the only person to have doubts and think what the F am I doing? Get your **** together, work harder and in spite of all your continuous failures at weight loss you got this?
I thought that 24/7, but always came back you haven't done it 54 years so try something new, i went with a doctor who has been doing it a long time and felt pretty secure on a solid procedure and it has been.

I am on day 12 of clear liquid and Protein Shakes surgery is set for 10/25. I am doing a conversion they are taking my lap band out and doing the sleeve
Good luck

"Courage is the resistence to fear, the mastery of fear, not the absence of fear." Mark Twain

That's my mind set right now, at least that is what I keep telling myself!!

T-34.5 hours and counting

There's alot of people with surgery scheduled this week in here !!! Good Luck everybody. I'm on Day 16 post-op. Half pureed Foods half liquids... The 1st week sucks but it rapidly gets better. It's just a constant climb from the minute you wake up from anaesthesia. Go into surgery as healthy as possible. Right now my numbers are SW=280 CW=230 GW=180.. I've lost 15 lbs since surgery Oct 5th. So there's something too look forward too. Only weight yourself once a week tho... It's too many emotions to deal with if you do it everyday...

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

I am so glad to see so many posts in this thread - my husband and I are scheduled for 10/31. How is everyone doing?

My surgery was rescheduled to 10/31. So nervous and excited at the same time. Can’t think of anything else!!!

On 22/10/2017 at 10:32 AM, sug7768 said:

Rainbow, the way you talk, you come off very angry.

I am not angry.

There was no intended tone to my printed words.

I don't know how you gleaned that.

I actually went back and reviewed my last eight posts (before this one) in this thread and decided, probably because of the SIX thank yous and the 15+ like votes that maybe other people were able to read the information re my dietitian's advice and my post-op experiences in a much more positive light.

If you can pin-point what you think is 'angry', please say so. I am generally quite the optimist and (before I retired mid-2016) was told by employees and colleagues from 25-60 years of age that I was helpful and positive almost constantly.

Edited by Rainbow_Warrior
Update after review

16 minutes ago, MissT_SR said:

My surgery was rescheduled to 10/31.

I'm guessing you engineered this to get hospital gowns for your Halloween zombie costume. :D

4 hours ago, boatnam1 said:

Hello everyone, first time poster here, did the deal on 10-16 everything went pretty smooth and went home following morning. Stayed on pain meds a few days so no real pain, Water going down very easy, looking foward to getting some food in a few weeks to see how this little tune up works. SW309 curently 293.

Congratulations, that sounds awesome! Wish I could say the same after this friday, am pretty nervous. Question, if I may, how many incisions did you end up with? Was it all done via your belly button or were additional incisions made? Were you able to be on your own when you got home? I don't have anyone to help out and I worry I may need help. Thanks again for posting and looking forward to hearing how you keep doing.

2 hours ago, StartingFreshNana said:

10/26 no pre-op diet just liquids the day before and nothing after midnight. I've decided to eat lite. One small meal and the rest shakes, yogurt and Water.

I go in on 10/27 and my Dr told me the same as yours. I however decided, with my Dr's blessing, to do a juice/vegan detox to rid as many toxins as I can out of my body and cleanse my liver. I hope this makes the operation smoother and makes it easier on the tough first weeks on the other side, the day I wake up from surgery with a new beginning. Best of luck to you, keep us posted.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

There's alot of people with surgery scheduled this week in here !!! Good Luck everybody. I'm on Day 16 post-op. Half pureed Foods half liquids... The 1st week sucks but it rapidly gets better. It's just a constant climb from the minute you wake up from anaesthesia. Go into surgery as healthy as possible. Right now my numbers are SW=280 CW=230 GW=180.. I've lost 15 lbs since surgery Oct 5th. So there's something too look forward too. Only weight yourself once a week tho... It's too many emotions to deal with if you do it everyday...

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks for posting Bill, with surgery coming up this Friday this really helps. Can I ask you how your level of activity progressed after surgery? How soon did you start walking? how often and for how long? Where are you at now? Have you started doing any exercise at all? are you able to? These are all things that are on my mind so any guidance you can offer would be awesome. Thanks again and best of luck.

On 10/17/2017 at 4:33 PM, CrissCriss said:

October 31st

Have you picked out a costume yet? I go in on 10/27, best of luck!

Thanks for posting Bill, with surgery coming up this Friday this really helps. Can I ask you how your level of activity progressed after surgery? How soon did you start walking? how often and for how long? Where are you at now? Have you started doing any exercise at all? are you able to? These are all things that are on my mind so any guidance you can offer would be awesome. Thanks again and best of luck.

I know this was directed at Bill, but I thought I’d throw my experience out there as well. I was sleeved 10/11, so currently 12 days post-op. They had me up and walking within a few hours of surgery. It was just a down and back in one halls of the hospital, but it helped a lot with getting the gas moving. They then continued to have me walk every couple of hours in the hospital until I went home. After coming home I started by kind of doing laps in my house until I felt strong enough to go for a longer walk which was a couple days later. I then progressed to walking about a mile around the lake that is by my house. Now twelve days post op I am walking about 3 Miles at a time and feeling stronger and stronger each day. The walking is the only exercise I have been doing as my doctor has not cleared me for anymore, and I don’t expect he will anytime in the near future either.

2 minutes ago, walleyecrazy said:

They had me up and walking within a few hours of surgery.

Ditto that. A couple of 4-5 minute "ambles" around the upstairs wards. Several more on the 2nd day and 5-6 on the 3rd day ... until I was sent home late that day ... 56 hours in hospital for ten walks altogether, as I recall.