Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sorry folks and the TGIF waiter.

After my PB's I don't want to eat.. I feel like crap..

I get a feeling of 'relief' at some point, like I got whatever was bothering me.. and I'll do liquids. When I have a bad episode I do liquids for the rest of the day (or try to).

After you slime and PB, do you go back to eating?

If I simply just didn't chew well enough and it comes back up in seconds, sure...I go on eating.

But usually my slime starts and that's when I know I've had enough. This isn't normal or right..for those of you thinking about getting the band. I'm an overeater and am relearning how to eat.

My case has been a tad different than most I have come across. My sliming doesn't hurt, not uncomforable... nothing. It's as easy as brushing your teeth and spitting. (actually had a sliming incident while brushing my teeth...brushed right after eating and the gag reflex hit)

My doctor is not concerned as there are no convulsions as with vomiting, no pressure on the band. And I'm near my goal so no too far off in the future I'll be getting an unfill. I'm hanging in and hanging on!

Most of the time when I PB it its because I eat too fast. I have a 9mo old and when she gets fussy I start eating faster. My PB episodes are not like vomiting, they (thankfully) are more like a cough and the slime and food that is stuck comes up. If I feel that I have irritated my esophogus then I follow the guidelines, if I feel ok then I continue to eat. Having a young one doesn't make it easy to follow the PB guidelines of the 2 hour try solids again thing. I eat when I can. I know I am probably going to get responses that I shouldn't do this, but hey it is working for me. I am not saying anyone else should do it, this is just my experience. If I didn't have a little one, or if she was older and more self sufficiant I probably would be better at following the PB guidelines. Sorry if I implied that you should should continue eating. You do what is best for you and what your doctor recommends.

Also, my PB's don't take a while to take effect. They are instantaneous. I have heard others say sometimes they PB an hour after eating, this is just no so with me. If something is stuck I can feel it and sometimes if I adjust my posture or get up and walk the stuck food goes down. For example, if I feel stuck I'll get up to go to the bathroom and halfway there the food will go down.

I dont go back to eating right away but I dont do 24 hours liquids. But a few hours later when I'm hungry I'll eat. But its likely to be more than two.

I dont get irritated or anything, once its over its over and I'm totally back to normal the split second its happened. Sliming without PB takes much longer and it will indeed probably be six or eight hours before I think about food again.

When you slime, how long does it usually last? I wasn't trying to imply that anyone wasn't following guidelines or anything like that. I was just curious as to what you all who have been banded for awhile do when you PB. I have not PB'd or slimed and I imagine it's something that you can't understand until you've actually experienced it (which hopefully I won't for a long time). I just wanted to know what to expect, how bad it affects people, etc. I can't imagine going 2 hours without Water. I am addicted to water and I never go that long without drinking it unless I'm asleep. I'm also afraid that when it does happen, I will panic and try to drink water to get it down. What will happen if I accidentally do that? Will it go ahead and cause me to regurgitate what is stuck or will just the water come back up? Sorry so many questions, I just want to know what to expect but I know it can be different for everyone. Thanks for the info!

<p>Mandi, just like you said, everyone is different. I know for me the sliming only last until the stuck food comes up. It is really not bad, for me it is just really thick saliva, which your stomach naturally produces to lubricate food that it feels is stuck. My PB's aren't a surprise. I know it is comming and I can go to the bathroom. I usually only get stuck when I am rushing and sometimes I drink a sip or two of Water just to get the stuff in my stomach moving so I can PB it or to help it pass. I have read another thread on here saying that some people keep pineapple juice on hand cause it really helps lubricate the stuck food so it can pass or come up. You won't know how your body reacts until it happens to you. You may never have a PB if you follow the bandster guidelines (eating slowly and chew chew chew.) PB is really not something to stress about, it will be fine! Keep some baggies on hand in your purse if it makes you feel better. Keep drinking your water, except with meals and don't stress over this PB stuff. Once you have one, if you ever do, you will see that you got worked up over nothing. If you do get something stuck I would suggest not gulping any liquid but just take a few small sips if you feel it will help you, cause if you take a big swig of liquid it might projectile out when you got to PB.</p>

Bgrand, port revesion is where you have to have a problem port corrected. If it flips and needs to be turned back around or if you have someother problem with the port, the doc goes in a fixes it.

I had a port replacement on Wednesday...

Simple and under local anaesthetic, I'd already had one revision, but it was unsuccessful.

My port was really deep in my fat and flipped sideways, he turned it, but left it deep. Still terrible.

In the end I consulted another surgeon, who x rayed me and we could both see that the cuff had come away from the port and the tubing was kinked and leaking... I now have a shiny new port and 4mls in my band, which has made me very tight!

Hx