Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

15 days post op today. Started school ( l teach middle school) doin ok. Struggling with getting enough Water in still. Moved onto purees last night with some egg beaters and did ok. Still having issues with Constipation which is the cause of most of my discomfort I believe. Afraid to "strain" too much

I'm also a middle school teacher and feeling the same way

I'm taking a stool softener and milk of magnesia here and there... pretty uncomfortable due to it though

Liquid gabapentin is like **** directly from satans ass hole. I take all my meds in solid pill form just over a long period of time.

Still no poo [emoji23] on day three of Miralax. Contemplating the murder and BBQ of my adorable dog.

@katebtuin I just spit out my SF Jello, best line ever, Satans a*****e. Love it!

Im actually not taking any meds except for the pantoprazole which I guess is the anti ulcer med. I know I'm not getting in enough Water but I'm really trying I think.

anyone taking the Bariatric Fusion chewable Vitamin? I just started them yesterday. I have samples from my dr and the hospital while I wait for a shipment. Are they 4 chewables a day???

5 hours ago, KateBruin said:

Ugh sorry for being just another person recommending medicinal marijuana you can't have. I just always recommend it cause my friends think it's so incredible for the various, and completely different things that pain them.

Oh! Not a problem at all. I don't mind you recommending it. It must work wonders for some people.

2 hours ago, readytorunagain said:

I'm starting to feel better now. Having trouble getting meds in though. I am suppose crush then up. The taste made me gag. Walking has helped me quite a bit. I just decided to go back to bed now. Did anyone else have trouble urinating? It seems like I have to sit for 10 mins before it comes out.

YES!!! Especially the first few days after surgery. And I keep getting constipated but Decaf hot tea helps.

1 hour ago, KateBruin said:

Liquid gabapentin is like **** directly from satans ass hole. I take all my meds in solid pill form just over a long period of time.

Still no poo on day three of miralax. Contemplating the murder and BBQ of my adorable dog.

I do love your attitude! I rebelled today and began taking my pills whole and feel fine. Was crushing them, stirring them into sugar free Syrup and still hating the whole process.

Hi, I had my sleeve on 22 August, and have been taking meds whole since the day after surgery. It was a little difficult the first few days because you can only swallow little sips of liquid, but the past couple of days I've been absolutely fine. I find it helps if the liquid is warm.

I'm starting to feel better now. Having trouble getting meds in though. I am suppose crush then up. The taste made me gag. Walking has helped me quite a bit. I just decided to go back to bed now. Did anyone else have trouble urinating? It seems like I have to sit for 10 mins before it comes out.

I've read about anesthesia affecting the bladder. The surgery also could have been enough of a shock to your system that your regulating systems are a bit wonky. When I needed to pee in the hospital and couldn't I immediately freaked out cause I read anesthesia can paralyze the bladder. The rest of my roughly 24 hour stay it took a little while to start to pee. Now, a week out, I seem to pee very slowly.

I don't feel the need to pee, before if I needed to go, I had to go straight away! Now I go to the loo because I feel with all the Water I'm drinking, I must need to pee!

16 hours ago, SippinAintEasy said:

Seeing as you brought it up....I had a bean in my poo 10 days post op?!?! Our intestines are horders apparently.

Tears, I'm laughing so much! Thanks for the grin!

lol I pooped yesterday and it was...interesting. My intestines definitely are of the hoarding variety.

I also proceeded to text just about everyone I know that I had pooped.