Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Under 7 days jitters / anxiety pre-op

VGS surgery is Aug 30,, 5 days from now. I've been waiting so long for this time to come ,, get approved ,, insurance approved ,, etc etc and been dillegently following pre-op diet requirements, but past few days I encounter serious anxiety attacks Now that surgery is set and _________. Well heck ,, encountering anxiety attack now I just have to remind myself I've tried for 10 yrs to lose weight unsuccessfully. I've been researching gastric bypass surgery for 2 years and although I decided on vertical sleeve surgery i need to keep remembering the words of a few people I know who had this surgery ,, they all said ,,,, the wish they had the surgery eariier its a positive life changer Ok ,, wow ,, i am calm again. I need to stay strong in these remaining 5 days before my Aug 30 surgery

I am glad I found this website as a support resource. It's 530 am. Looking forward to reading many posts after I get my son off to school. Thanking anyone in advance for any words of strength and encouragement 🙏😃

Hey There!!! My surgery is August 30th as well. I am as nervous as I can be. But you are so right. The positive effects this will have on our lives is going to be a game changer. I keep worrying that my liver hasn't shrunk enough, or that something will go wrong.... but then I stop and remember that it will all be ok. I'm going to come out of this just fine and you will too!! Good luck to you, keep us updated!!

Thank you for your timely reply. I feel a
Special connection and support knowing your surgery is same day as mine on Aug 30 Yea - I have a same day surgery partner. Lol.

I was worried too about my liver not shrinking enough , but at my hospital visit yesterday I lost 7 lbs in past 10'days so I will just trust all will be fine there My doctor office actually says if you don't lose weight in 2 week pre-op diet ,, they will probably cancel surgery. I am surprised how I come to terms with just drinking fluids ,, Protein shakes all day. So dropping the pounds is motivating. Honestly. I'm at my lowest weight in 10 years ,, although still 100 lbs over Goel weight. It's still exciting. I thank you again for replying. It's feels good knowing you or anyone had the same surgery date. I am still trying to shake these jitters so I am going on a long walk right now as the sunrises I feel much comfort now. Thank you

3 hours ago, Rs226 said:

VGS surgery is Aug 30,, 5 days from now. I've been waiting so long for this time to come ,, get approved ,, insurance approved ,, etc etc and been dillegently following pre-op diet requirements, but past few days I encounter serious anxiety attacks Now that surgery is set and _________. Well heck ,, encountering anxiety attack now I just have to remind myself I've tried for 10 yrs to lose weight unsuccessfully. I've been researching gastric bypass surgery for 2 years and although I decided on vertical sleeve surgery i need to keep remembering the words of a few people I know who had this surgery ,, they all said ,,,, the wish they had the surgery eariier its a positive life changer Ok ,, wow ,, i am calm again. I need to stay strong in these remaining 5 days before my Aug 30 surgery

I am glad I found this website as a support resource. It's 530 am. Looking forward to reading many posts after I get my son off to school. Thanking anyone in advance for any words of strength and encouragement 🙏😃

Hi :) Congrats on making this step. had a sleeve 7 weeks ago. I was so bad with my anxiety before i went in i wrote a note to my children incase i died.

I am soooo happy with this sleeve honestly, everything about it , everything people complained about when i was researching i love. " oh i cant barely eat, oh i cant barely enjoy my meal" . have had many years of enjoying my meal lol yes i get full so fast but i needed this. or i would get bigger and bigger.

I am here if you have any questions when it was done i woke up like " are you going to do this or what? " lol all that build up and it was done .. so fast lol

3 hours ago, Rs226 said:

Thank you for your timely reply. I feel a
Special connection and support knowing your surgery is same day as mine on Aug 30 Yea - I have a same day surgery partner. Lol.

I was worried too about my liver not shrinking enough , but at my hospital visit yesterday I lost 7 lbs in past 10'days so I will just trust all will be fine there My doctor office actually says if you don't lose weight in 2 week pre-op diet ,, they will probably cancel surgery. I am surprised how I come to terms with just drinking fluids ,, Protein shakes all day. So dropping the pounds is motivating. Honestly. I'm at my lowest weight in 10 years ,, although still 100 lbs over Goel weight. It's still exciting. I thank you again for replying. It's feels good knowing you or anyone had the same surgery date. I am still trying to shake these jitters so I am going on a long walk right now as the sunrises I feel much comfort now. Thank you

If you stick to the plan your liver will shrink fine, do not worry about that :)

Hi [emoji4] Congrats on making this step. had a sleeve 7 weeks ago. I was so bad with my anxiety before i went in i wrote a note to my children incase i died.

I am soooo happy with this sleeve honestly, everything about it , everything people complained about when i was researching i love. " oh i cant barely eat, oh i cant barely enjoy my meal" . have had many years of enjoying my meal lol yes i get full so fast but i needed this. or i would get bigger and bigger.
I am here if you have any questions when it was done i woke up like " are you going to do this or what? " lol all that build up and it was done .. so fast lol

Thanks for the comment about writing a note to your children because I was thinking the same thing with my 10 yr old. That made me laugh - thank you [emoji106]. I've been researching and looking forward to this moment but once they picked the surgery date ( Aug 30 ) anxiety kicked in. Not so much about the thought of dying but rather ,, how it's a permanent change I guess I am over exaggerating this because actually who wouldn't want to decrease their stomach pouch size if it gives the the tool for less calorie intake ? All makes logical senses and I am fully aware this is only a tool ,, we must change the way we eat ,, less carbs… less Sugar… Basically 1200 cal a day which leads to my next question ,, in week 7 as you are ,,, is it true ,, the hunger hormone pretty much goes away ? Do you find yourself hungry or do you find yourself forced to actually eat something ? Thank you so much for your reply. With 5 days to go I want to minimize the anxiety

Right there with you! My surgery is on the 29th and I am having major anxiety today. I know it will be okay but just the idea of such a life changing thing coming up so quickly is making me freak out. BUT... I'm also excited. I'm glad I have to work today to keep my mind occupied but I don't know what I'm going to do the next few days before surgery LOL.