Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best way to Stop Losing Weight

1 hour ago, Introversion said:

I weighed about 160 when I graduated from high school...nowadays I maintain a body weight that fluctuates between 118 and 122 pounds.

No one has a crystal ball to predict the weight at which your body will comfortably settle. Nonetheless, I think most of those who replied are making rather educated conjectures. :)

That is amazing you are smaller now than you were then. Congrats!!

6 hours ago, Berry78 said:

First, congrats on hitting a new low ;) on the BMI scale. Always a great feeling.

I tried it the way you described, and according to this, I should hit 120 lbs :lol::D

I was 84 lbs down at 5 months out, but that is including the 2 weeks pre op diet. I adjusted the weight and what I had lost after surgery. Anything below 150 is a bonus, but I highly doubt I'll be anywhere close to 120.

Oooo, I love that calculator!!

Well for the first time in almost 3 weeks the scale didn't go down today ..whew.. I thought I was melting and it was making me a little worried.

8/7- 181

8/24-170.5

Yesterday I logged 1005 calories, but that was with the extra shake before bed. I didnt run though so I think that was good. I ran 3.2 miles this morning so I am going to shoot for 1200 today if I can.

4 hours ago, Meryline said:

First, congrats on hitting a new low ;) on the BMI scale. Always a great feeling.

I tried it the way you described, and according to this, I should hit 120 lbs :lol::D

I was 84 lbs down at 5 months out, but that is including the 2 weeks pre op diet. I adjusted the weight and what I had lost after surgery. Anything below 150 is a bonus, but I highly doubt I'll be anywhere close to 120.

Ok, I didn't make it clear. Sorry. The "what percentage do you expect to lose" section should be played around with until the numbers on the chart align with your actual losses.

So for you, at 5 months post op, you weighed 185lbs, right? That aligns with 100% loss (not Apple's 125%), so your end weight should be 138lbs. Still 10 pounds under your goal, so you're doing great!!

But, thank you for pointing out the HW, vs. day of surgery weight dilemma. I think you are right that we should be using our day of surgery weight instead of heavy weight, and that does make a difference to the end goal.

1 minute ago, Berry78 said:

Ok, I didn't make it clear. Sorry. The "what percentage do you expect to lose" section should be played around with until the numbers on the chart align with your actual losses.

So for you, at 5 months post op, you weighed 185lbs, right? That aligns with 100% loss (not Apple's 125%), so your end weight should be 138lbs. Still 10 pounds under your goal, so you're doing great!!

No, at 5 months I'm 171, which will land me around 120.

I did play around with it to get around 72 lost at 5 months. I lost over 12 lbs during my 2 week pre op, making at total of 84, but only 72 from surgery day. If that makes sense.

Oh, I see what I did. Oops. Forgot to subtract your losses preop from your starting weight.

Ok, so I got it to end at 124lbs.. so still significantly below your goal. It's possible the calculator isn't very accurate, but fun to play with, regardless :)

For me, if I use my starting weight, the calculator has my end at 171. If I use my day of surgery weight, my end is 184lbs. So it does make a difference. Either number is fine by me, since both are SOOOOOO much better than 300! LOL!

Absolutely fun. We'll see where it ends up at the end. Time will tell. Being so close to initial goal, I'm starting to think of every lbs lost from her on out is a bonus. I'm still working hard to drop more, but I'm starting to feel good in my own body.

@Apple1 I'm betting your naturally stop at about 119-ish. :) If it were me, I'd hang loose at that weight and not worry where it stops so that when the regain begins, then you'll have a better chance of a stress-free weight gain outcome of the +10% stuff "they" talk about...whoever "they" are! LOL!

2 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

@Apple1 I'm betting your naturally stop at about 119-ish. :) If it were me, I'd hang loose at that weight and not worry where it stops so that when the regain begins, then you'll have a better chance of a stress-free weight gain outcome of the +10% stuff "they" talk about...whoever "they" are! LOL!

OMG.. no !!

119 would have me looking like one of those anorexic models. I can't imagine weighing that little at my height and frame.

I would rather lose down to 150 and bounce back to 160. We shall see what happens soon enough because it feels like time is flying by.

Is it really a guarantee that everyone will regain 10%? I know some do, but I thought it more like a 5-10 pound bounce, which is fine by me. I can't see myself gaining much with the way I eat and exercise.

@Apple1 LOL! See? This is why you shouldn't take advice from schmoe's on the internet! *snort* I completely missed looking at your height! Doh! I was thinking in reference to my height--5'4" ish. My bad!

I don't know if it's a guarantee. But I have heard it's about 10% (maybe as low as 5%)? I do know of some people who are still right on the nose on the maintaining.

40 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

@Apple1 LOL! See? This is why you shouldn't take advice from schmoe's on the internet! *snort* I completely missed looking at your height! Doh! I was thinking in reference to my height--5'4" ish. My bad!

I don't know if it's a guarantee. But I have heard it's about 10% (maybe as low as 5%)? I do know of some people who are still right on the nose on the maintaining.

Yea. lol that was funny.

@Apple1 You really don't look that tall in your avitar....:rolleyes:;):D