Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, I'm only on Clear Liquids, 8 days post op and I do not feel full, not even when I have Jello, I'm not up to testing it so I don't hurt myself but the most i've felt is like a grunting sound coming from my stomach so I take that as a signal and I stop, but not uncomfortable at all. I could eat like 2 cups of Jello slowly in 2 1/2 - 3 hrs and didn't feel full at all. Is that weird? Should I be concerned? I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow and I've written down a lot of questions but I just want to hear other people's experiences.
I feel like if i wanted I could drink a whole glass of Water with no problem in one sitting.

Once you are on solid foods you will feel full. I was all worried too because I didn't feel full and felt hungry for about 3 weeks post op. Once I started more substantial foods and dense Proteins I got full quick and I am never hungry.

It took a while to have a bowel movement. You're on clears, so that's why. Once I started soft food after one week, it still took a while to get things moving. When I did poop, it was tiny. I'd go one day several times then not go for a few days. I think now, after two months, I'm going every day or two.

You will feel full when you get to more solud foods. I never felt full on Jello. It is considered a liquid. Don't worry about that not, just make sure you get your Protein and luquids in.

When you get on solids, maybe even puréed you'll get full but from my personal experience, I get full off everything and anything. Even Water. My appetite returned but it's not as bad. I just drink water and it goes away again.

----------------------------

HW- 273
Pre-op Wt- 230
SW- 226
CW- 172
GW- 130
Ht- 5'2.5"
DOS- April 26th, 2017

"Only those who try will become." ~FFX

I am 6 days post op. Since I started the pre op diet 2 weeks before surgery I've lost 21 lbs. I don't feel like it. I done ever feel really full which concerns me. I'm on liquids and puréed foods for another week. I hope I feel fuller down the road.

On 9/6/2017 at 6:32 AM, lynnchic said:

I am 6 days post op. Since I started the pre op diet 2 weeks before surgery I've lost 21 lbs. I don't feel like it. I done ever feel really full which concerns me. I'm on liquids and puréed foods for another week. I hope I feel fuller down the road.

Right now focus on your Protein and liquid intake. You will feel fuller as you move on to different phases, such as regular foods and solids. I never felt full either when I was in these stages. Actually for me, "full" is not the feeling I get even now. I just know somehow it is time to stop. My surgery was in June so I am starting my 14th week out. Hang in there.

13 hours ago, whitmac said:

I'm almost 2 weeks posted op and I had to ask my surgeon why I have yet to feel the full feeling... as I am still on liquids he said I won't feel that fullness until I reach foods that are more dense....I can drink liquid fairly easy and fast as well

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm 6 days post op and am exactly the same, good to know this is pretty normal.

I am 11 days post op and feel the same way. I am always hungry, I never feel full. I have stepped up my Water in take and still hungry. This is much harder than I expected it to be. The scale is not dropping either, which pisses me off. I find myself thinking why did I get my stomach cut out, and am starving myself just to not see any results. I am sure this is normal as my wife had the same thoughts and emotions around this time after her surgery.

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app