Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11 Weeks Out - Beginning of the Journey

Thanks to everyone, especially the frequent posters and vets who make such a difference - more than you know!

I am 11 weeks out from surgery and am so grateful that I am on this journey to reclaim my health for decades to come.

A little background - my highest weight was pre-surgery at 335. I lost 16 lbs in the two week pre surgery diet and since surgery have lost 53 pounds. In the first month I lost 29, 2nd month I lost 12.6 and this month I will loose around 10-11 lbs.

I was a snug size 24 and am now wearing an 18 in most plus size brands.

I flew for a work conference last week and had plenty of room in the seat and inches to spare in the seatbelt (no extender!) I am now working out, building my strength up, walking, active and energetic.

I naturally wake up early in the morning rested.

I have lost 39% of my excess weight in 3 months based on a target weight of 165.

While my MIND does not have an aversion to over(eating), my sleeve sure does.

I have had a few slips - eating chips, bread, etc and have begun to get what a dangerous slope that is because I don't experience any restriction on the crappy foods.

I sometimes find myself impatient for instant gratification, wishing I were at goal, wishing the pounds would come off faster, but I figure that is the mentality that got me here to begin with.

I have changed the way I think about my weight, food, and my body.

I have gone from ordering delivery daily to cooking and prepping most of my food from home.

Each day is a learning experience and a gift.

Thank you everyone for your sharing, coaching and participation, it's great to be here learning and on this road with you.

Great job you said something that made me think it's so true I don't really feel it when I eat crappy food it's my good food if I eat too much and my stomach hurts. I had my anniversary of one year since surgery on Saturday I'm not at goal but still working on it, sometimes I need to kick myself in the butt to eat better