Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

My NUT said they aren't good for us. I don't think there is data on how much is absorbed? Not sure. Sure would be easier!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried them for a month and noticed I wasn't feeling as well as I was with regular Vitamins, (nails kept breaking , etc) so I'm back to regular ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was advised to stay away from them. I was told that ingesting Vitamins was the best way to ensure that you are receiving the minerals needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on them and Vitamin levels were checked and they were high. I also take 2 per day Flintstones chewables.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't tried them, but Patches in general don't work well on overweight people. I'd be curious to read the info that comes in the package to see if a weight limit is suggested. I remember being put on the birth control patch years ago, and 3 months in reading the package insert in detail (was stuck in the bathroom without a phone LOL) and read that it wasn't recommended for anyone over 225lbs. Well, I was A LOT over that and started to panic that I was accidentally pregnant! How did my doctor let me use that???? (I don't use that doc anymore!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, makemyownluck said:

I haven't tried them, but Patches in general don't work well on overweight people. I'd be curious to read the info that comes in the package to see if a weight limit is suggested. I remember being put on the birth control patch years ago, and 3 months in reading the package insert in detail (was stuck in the bathroom without a phone LOL) and read that it wasn't recommended for anyone over 225lbs. Well, I was A LOT over that and started to panic that I was accidentally pregnant! How did my doctor let me use that???? (I don't use that doc anymore!)

Wholly cow! Clearly I would have dropped that dr too! That is my fear. I dont want to use the Patches and then start loosing hair or feeling bad because I "Thought" i was getting my nutrients and wasn't. That's why I asked. I just have read a ton of bad stuff about the ingredients on the "gummy" Vitamins and want a good option. Sometimes a to good to be true solution is just that....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some cleaner versions of the Gummy and chewable vitamins (myKind makes some). They aren't cheap though. You definitely get what you pay for with vitamins!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked the nutritionist about them and was told not to use them. My paperwork has several suggestions for buying Vitamins online: twinlabs.com (which is not coming up on my browser, but Amazon has Twinlab vitamins), bariatricfusion.com, or celebratevitamins.com. The latter two have flavored mixes you can put in Water, which might be a lot easier than swallowing pills right after surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, XYZXYZXYZ1955 said:

I asked the nutritionist about them and was told not to use them. My paperwork has several suggestions for buying Vitamins online: twinlabs.com (which is not coming up on my browser, but Amazon has Twinlab vitamins), bariatricfusion.com, or celebratevitamins.com. The latter two have flavored mixes you can put in Water, which might be a lot easier than swallowing pills right after surgery.

Yeah that is what I was going to do too. It seemed too good to be true lol. The Vitamin mix seems good for me. I know after my lap band surgery I couldn't swallow pills, I just assumed it would be the same with the Sleeve. Have you had your surgery yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, XYZXYZXYZ1955 said:

I asked the nutritionist about them and was told not to use them. My paperwork has several suggestions for buying Vitamins online: twinlabs.com (which is not coming up on my browser, but Amazon has Twinlab vitamins), bariatricfusion.com, or celebratevitamins.com. The latter two have flavored mixes you can put in Water, which might be a lot easier than swallowing pills right after surgery.

Thanks for this! I'm gonna order some today to see how it sits with me so I know before my "innerds" are rearranged! :460_circus_tent:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Geri Marie said:

Yeah that is what I was going to do too. It seemed too good to be true lol. The Vitamin mix seems good for me. I know after my lap band surgery I couldn't swallow pills, I just assumed it would be the same with the Sleeve. Have you had your surgery yet?

No; my surgery is scheduled for the 28th of August. I have four more days of "farewell" meals before I start my pre-op diet . . . but I definitely need to get my Vitamins lined up. Appointment with my surgeon tomorrow afternoon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • OutbackJo

      Has anyone had a gastric sleeve revision? 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Mousiana

      Hate thinking about foods I used to love... Burgers & wings. Gotta stay focused. 😤
      · 1 reply
      1. WilliamZef

        https://gayxxx24.com - GayXXX Free Gay Porn Movies & Videos Free Gay XXX - Gay XXX.

    • Arabesque

      Went to see the Star Wars movie yesterday. (Glad I waited as no one else was in the cinema for the midday session - yes!) Hadn’t been to the cinema for a few months and OMG I suffered the most terrible butt pain.  So uncomfortable. Started after 30 mins. Was in the premium cinema so grabbed a cushion to sit on but it didn’t help. Ended up sitting sideways in the chair, stretched out on an ottoman. Soooo super glad no one else was there. Sometimes I do miss my old butt fat cushioning... but not really. 
      · 1 reply
      1. Panda333

        ha..I have that issue too.....miss my built in pillow!

    • Hollyh

      Approved surgery in am yea!
      · 3 replies
      1. Combowep

        https://blog.earny.me

      2. Tobencah

        Hello

      3. Tobencah

        Hello

    • maggie78

      I have a surgery date, I have my next doctor appointment on Wed and then Thursday I start my 2 week liquid pre-op diet. I am very nervous right now. I know it's going to be a tough mind game. 
      · 1 reply
      1. GreenTealael

        💚 Congratulations, you'll do great 💚

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×