Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP! MY WEIGHT LOSS STALLED AT 3-4 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so upset! I am following my diet to a tee, getting ALL my Protein in every day and i stopped losing weight even though I am only having 5-700 calories per day! how can this happen???? I lost 14 lbs pre surgery, then 12 lbs after and now for the past two weeks NOTHING! I even gained a lb yesterday~! How is this possible and how to do STOP IT!

I did too... I was told not to weigh everyday and I started walking more... I'm interested in what other say cuz I know the feeling

Conduct a search of the terms "three-week stall," "third week stall" and "3 week stall."

Yes, this phenomenon is so common it has a name. Most sleevers stall sometime between the second and fourth week post-op.

Now, here's the hard part: stay off the scale for a few weeks and allow your body to sort out the trauma it's been through. Always expecting a daily or weekly loss is unrealistic.

Post-sleeve weight loss happens in a non-linear, unpredictable manner: we lose a few pounds, hold onto some, then stall and plateau and even gain Water weight at times before losing again.

Be patient with the process. Good luck to you. :)

Consider yourself lucky. I am honestly stalled at week 1 and 2 and I don't understand it myself. I truly feel like crying. I lost 20 lbs pre-op and have only lost 1 lb since my sleeve surgery 2 weeks ago. I follow the diet plan exactly and have been exercising/brisk walking 30-60 min everyday. It doesn't make sense to me and I'm about ready to give up.

Good point Introversion - thank you.

Edited by Barbara1972

I stalled, too, at the end of week 3 and didn’t move until today, 4 weeks later. My nutritionist helped me figure it out. It may not be the same for any of you but for me it was Water. Plain, nasty, no flavor, stomach filling water. I had been using Crystal Light and Propel and although I have been drinking my fill of Fluid every day, I haven’t been drinking plain water. Sometimes the artificial sweeteners make you hold on to weight. I switched to plain water two days ago, replacing my Propel and Crystal Light and bam! I dropped 3 lbs. I still use Splenda in my coffee and I drink Premier Protein shakes twice a day, but the plain water was ticket.

Its not the same for everyone. I’m older and my metabolism is lower but if you aren’t drinking enough water, taking your Multivitamin, or getting the Protein, your body can hold on to every single pound.

Just some friendly advice from someone who was there...just 2 short days ago!!

Good luck!!

19 minutes ago, Barbara1972 said:

Consider yourself lucky. I am honestly stalled at week 1 and 2 and I don't understand it myself. I truly feel like crying. I lost 20 lbs pre-op and have only lost 1 lb since my sleeve surgery 2 weeks ago. I follow the diet plan exactly and have been exercising/brisk walking 30-60 min everyday. It doesn't make sense to me and I'm about ready to give up.

Don’t give up. It will happen. I’m sure of it.

Thanks all. I'm just like you I drink a ton of crystal light, ice tea with Truvia, Powerade Zero etc but very little plain Water. I try to switch to see if it helps. Fingers crossed !

24 minutes ago, Barbara1972 said:

Thanks all. I'm just like you I drink a ton of crystal light, ice tea with Truvia, Powerade Zero etc but very little plain Water. I try to switch to see if it helps. Fingers crossed !

Keep us posted! I lost another pound today. The Water really really helped me!!!

Dianne I drink all my Water with crystal light. Thanks for the tip. I'm still on my liquid phase and will be heading into the puree phase at the end of this week and I don't want to experience a three week stall.

7 hours ago, Danny Paul said:

Dianne I drink all my Water with crystal light. Thanks for the tip. I'm still on my liquid phase and will be heading into the puree phase at the end of this week and I don't want to experience a three week stall.

All of us stalls at some point but at least we are there for the support.