Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! Halloween started early!

:help:

What do you do when a coworker is so sweet and giving and nice and wonderful, and you just want to wring her cute little neck?

She keeps filling a very large bowl of candy and placing it in our work space. Others from all over the office come and grab some, so it windles down all day long - then she fills it in the AM. But I keep staring at it and drinking my Water, eating my cottage cheese for snack and I want to just cry!!

This has been going on for about a week and she said she'll do it until Halloween. UGGG! KILL ME!!!

Does anyone else have this going on? :Banane30:

How do you handle it? Thanks!

Well, my first question to her would be to ask her to place it somewhere away from me if possible! Does she know that you are banded or at least trying to loose weight? If she does point out how cruel it really is and offer some healthy alternatives to her, maybe fruit, fruit roll ups, pretzels, something where you don't have to dance with the devil!

Good luck to you!

=^-^=

Go buy a bag of the really nasty kind you hate and fill the bowl yourself. then it is full with the gross kind you know you wont touch.

They have done it here to but thankfully it's stuff i don't care for, but yesterday they had cake in our area where the fax, Water and copier are - I just jabbed my finger in it and said NO - then cut that piece and threw it away.... but guess what when i came in this morning there the cake sat - so i threw it away...

I like the buy the crappy stuff! I can do that to "help" her out. :Banane30: I wish I could toss it.

She has a decorative halloween towel underneath of it, and I finally covered the bowl with it. Another coworker said, "Why are you hiding the bowl?!" I said because I can't keep looking at it all day...she understood and covered the bowl back up.

I'll just keep covering it. I know it's there, but I don't have to see KitKats and Reeses glaring at me all day. Hopefully she'll see that as a good compromise.

why not buy some sugar free or more healthy things to put in it. Werthers now makes sugar free candy as do several other companys. It might not be specialy colored or halloween themed but its candy so it fits.!! :cool: or buy your self some to keep at your desk & have an occasional piece.

I find if Im out for the day and I put and exact # in my pocket. And put up the bag. It keeps me from doing the whole *OMG I ate the whole bag* thing.

You can also have a family member help you out by holding your stash.

I love the werthers sugar free. One of those can last a half hour or more if you resist the temptation to crunch it. And keeps me away from the other sweets.

We have a candy bowl such as this in our small office. It is always filled with the mini candy bars, star bursts, mini m&m's, on and on. I have REALLY struggled with staying out of this because we have it out for customers that come in year round. The last few weeks have been very hard for me, I have limited myself to one a day which is not good but beats the handful or two pre-band.

We went through a phase where we were filling it with small peanut and pretzel packs but that was short lived due to the high demand for chocolate.

I hate it and wish it would go away for ever.

Indigo girl, that was funny, sticking your finger in the cake!!! You should have left the piece there, just so u could watch others reaction!! I bet you would have been rolling on the floor. Next time you should like put dirt on it or a fake bug, that would be so funny. Hey who says you can't get back at the very people that (who with all good intention) are trying to fatten us up?!? LMAO

I have a candy dish in my office for others but always fill it with the stuff I don't like. That way, I'm not tempted but I'm still being thoughtful towards others. Maybe you could ask her to buy stuff that you don't like so that it would be easier on you? Also, I have found that if I have a sweet craving, it is better for me to have a sugar-free hard candy and address the craving rather than have it "eat" away at me.

MMMmmmmm......Reese's! That's my favorite -- I would be toast.

why not buy some sugar free or more healthy things to put in it. Werthers now makes sugar free candy as do several other companys. It might not be specialy colored or halloween themed but its candy so it fits.!! :eek: or buy your self some to keep at your desk & have an occasional piece.

I find if Im out for the day and I put and exact # in my pocket. And put up the bag. It keeps me from doing the whole *OMG I ate the whole bag* thing.

You can also have a family member help you out by holding your stash.

I love the werthers sugar free. One of those can last a half hour or more if you resist the temptation to crunch it. And keeps me away from the other sweets.

Thank you all for your hints! I did talk to her about it, as politely as I could. She said she had no idea, and has put it away at her desk. People can still get it, but they have to go to her to ask. yay!

I also bought some sugar free candies to get me through, but really, if they're in my drawer and tucked away I don't think about it. It was all that flashy chocolate staring me down each morning that did me in!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

We have a candy bowl such as this in our small office. It is always filled with the mini candy bars, star bursts, mini m&m's, on and on. I have REALLY struggled with staying out of this because we have it out for customers that come in year round. The last few weeks have been very hard for me, I have limited myself to one a day which is not good but beats the handful or two pre-band.

We went through a phase where we were filling it with small peanut and pretzel packs but that was short lived due to the high demand for chocolate.

I hate it and wish it would go away for ever.

One of the things that was brought up when I was talking to the coworker (aka food pusher) was that it's like any other addiction. I'm trying hard not to eat those things that I have been addicted to for so long. If an alcoholic worked here, would we put out little glasses of wine? Why is candy and chocolate and doughnuts, etc. better? Most of America is overweight and eats poorly.

That's probably a very strong analogy, but to me it's real enough!

One of the things that was brought up when I was talking to the coworker (aka food pusher) was that it's like any other addiction. I'm trying hard not to eat those things that I have been addicted to for so long. If an alcoholic worked here, would we put out little glasses of wine? Why is candy and chocolate and doughnuts, etc. better? Most of America is overweight and eats poorly.

I don't think it is a strong analogy, I feel the same way. I am sure most of us do! I am glad you were honest with her! GOOD FOR YOU!

=:eek:=

That's the TRUTH - how did they react??? Do they have a better understanding???

Actually, she was very wonderful about it. She's "normal" size, but has struggled with 10-15 pounds over time. So, she did accept that I had a problem and she offered to help with it. OTHER people were more vocal about it. "Where's the candy? Why did you put it over here? Why do I have to ask now?..." etc.

My 10 year old behaves better than some of these people! LOL

But, yes...she was gracious and I was very thankful.

Actually, she was very wonderful about it. She's "normal" size, but has struggled with 10-15 pounds over time. So, she did accept that I had a problem and she offered to help with it. OTHER people were more vocal about it. "Where's the candy? Why did you put it over here? Why do I have to ask now?..." etc.

My 10 year old behaves better than some of these people! LOL

But, yes...she was gracious and I was very thankful.

Good to hear - I would tell the others to jump in a lake... I don't want the friggin candy in my face .. But agian i am known for speaking my mind...