Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for some people in Alberta who have been sleeved in 2017!

I am currently in the beginning stages of getting sleeved. I'm having a really hard time finding some approximate wait times for Alberta (Edmonton specifically) in the weight wise clinic. All of the wait times I've found have been from 2010-2013. Thanks!

Good luck AB girl. I had my doc refer me to my local WW clinic, they didn't put me on the list because they miscalculated my BMI. I had my BMI re-submitted to two different WW clinic and I am still waiting for that call/letter.

I would definitely call to check up in a few weeks. You have roughly a 1.5 - 2 year wait. When I looked into it 2 years ago, they were doing a study and pushing a few candidates through the program faster, I'm not sure if they are still doing that. But the study was comparing patients who received their education online, to patients who went to the classes.

Obviously I chose Mexico over fighting with the WW clinic over my BMI. I don't regret my decision. AB health even refunded a portion of the money to me. I will also be claiming it on this year's taxes.

I do wish I had better nutrition/psych prep before I did this. Because if you don't change the foods you eat, and your attitude towards food, it will be a struggle.

Good luck AB girl. I had my doc refer me to my local WW clinic, they didn't put me on the list because they miscalculated my BMI. I had my BMI re-submitted to two different WW clinic and I am still waiting for that call/letter.
I would definitely call to check up in a few weeks. You have roughly a 1.5 - 2 year wait. When I looked into it 2 years ago, they were doing a study and pushing a few candidates through the program faster, I'm not sure if they are still doing that. But the study was comparing patients who received their education online, to patients who went to the classes.
Obviously I chose Mexico over fighting with the WW clinic over my BMI. I don't regret my decision. AB health even refunded a portion of the money to me. I will also be claiming it on this year's taxes.
I do wish I had better nutrition/psych prep before I did this. Because if you don't change the foods you eat, and your attitude towards food, it will be a struggle.

Do you know if the WW clinic is a first come first serve basis? Or do they take into account BMI and comorbidities? Thank you! I might be considering Mexico too depending on how this goes.

I'm not sure about that. I got the feeling that once you met the criteria to get in to the program, they put everybody through the same basic steps. I guess it's possible that they speed up the process for someone who has a great need.