Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have I already ruined it??

Ugh, I am 9 weeks out exactly and feel like the weight loss is way too slow. Did I already stretch my sleeve? I feel like I "can" eat too much. I mean, I try very hard not to, but maybe it's too much? Compared to what I used to eat, it's still dramatically less, and I eat quite healthy at least 90% of the time.

I have lost 35 lbs since surgery, but 20 of it was in the first 3 weeks.

Is there anything I can do to right the ship? I am going to concentrate much harder on portions, start weighing things again instead of just "eyeballing" it, and push myself to drink more Water. I have even started going to the gym, but it's just not falling off. I GAINED a pound from Week 8-Week 9. How is that even possible?!?!

I am so discouraged. Please help!

Thank you friends!

@erinhazey

pouch reset is a FAD diet and completely useless.

You already said what you needed to do. Which is weigh your portions and not eyeball them.

Also you are healing you are SUPPOSED to be able to eat more as time goes on. I started off only being able to eat an ounce at a time and I could eat 2-3 ounces by your point. By 6 months it was 3-4. I'm 2 years out and I can eat 4-6. This is dense Protein. I can eat endless amounts of sliders like just about everyone else.

If you are eating protein, alone and protein first, you almost never have to worry about over eating, what you can eat is limited. You will also be full longer. Learn to work with your sleeve instead of against it.

liquids, soft foods, sliders. They all work AGAINST your tool, not with it. The sleeve isn't like bypass or other surgeries. The best tool we have is our restriction and that resriction is triggered by DENSE protein. You are early out so your protein can only be so dense, but protein is always going to make you the fullest, and give you the most satisfaction. It will prevent you from making bad choices and other mistakes because it is satisfying and takes up all the room in your sleeve.

Make your life easy and work with your surgery and not against it.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

There is no need for a "pouch reset". You are just getting worked up for nothing. It's very normal though at this stage. Stress is very high early on and the desire to always see that number go down is very strong.

Relax. Breathe in, breathe out.

Gaining a pound is a BM just waiting to happen. Or 1 lbs Water is equal to 16 ounces. Did you just finish a drink? You might just be in a stall while your body is moving things around.

On 20/07/2017 at 1:22 AM, erinhazey said:

Ugh, I am 9 weeks out exactly and feel like the weight loss is way too slow. Did I already stretch my sleeve? I feel like I "can" eat too much. I mean, I try very hard not to, but maybe it's too much? Compared to what I used to eat, it's still dramatically less, and I eat quite healthy at least 90% of the time.

Is there anything I can do to right the ship? I am going to concentrate much harder on portions, start weighing things again instead of just "eyeballing" it, and push myself to drink more Water. I have even started going to the gym, but it's just not falling off. I GAINED a pound from Week 8-Week 9. How is that even possible?!?!

Thank you friends!

You might find this video by Dr Matthew Weiner helpful. He has a whole library of them and I have found some of them very helpful :)

Good Luck

Thank you friends!

Weight gain can be due to liquid retention and muscle build if you just started working out.

Also you will lose as you lose. However, if you feel you're doing something wrong and need to change it, then do so - you are your best critic through this journey.

You can't stretch your sleeve. But you can make yourself get used to larger portions, do please do measure everything, it's worth it to do so.

I am going to give you some spiritual advice. First and foremost you have a tool that works. If you sabotage yourself with high calories and sugar then of course it will work slower and stall. If you are trying your best and following the plan then you need to let your body do what it's going to do and not judge it with your ego mind. Here is where the spiritual part comes in. Whatever you focus your attention on, whatever your emotions and feelings are you WILL attract. If you think you are doing bad and you have ruined it as you said in your post, you will draw to you negative situations. Keep your thought and emotions positive. Congratulate yourself and treat yourself with love understanding. Positive thoughts will yield positive results. You are doing great, you will be successful and this was the best decision you ever made.

Love and light :778_heartbeat:

When I first got my sleeve, I worried about not losing weight. I was obsessed with the scale. I know I lost the most of my weight in the first 2 months. My first month I lost about 20 lbs my second month close to the same. since losing 60lbs my weight has come to a screatching stall. I have stall after stall after stall.. I lose two lbs.. stall for weeks...lose another lbs.. stall.. its the nature of the beast. I had a melt down recently thinking that I "stretched" my pouch. Truth is that is hard to do. We get scared and think we stretched our pouch when in reality sub-consciously when know we are not doing what we should be doing. Go back to basics... weigh your food. Depending on how far out you are don't eat over 4-6 oz of food. Choose healthy options, Protein first, and drink that water! Keep exercising and going to the gym... this is my biggest down fall... I am with you, I need to reset my mind.. not my pouch.. that is myth btw.

On 7/22/2017 at 4:21 AM, SunshineJo said:

You might find this video by Dr Matthew Weiner helpful. He has a whole library of them and I have found some of them very helpful :)

Good Luck

I just found his videos. They are awesome!

May need more Protein. Caloric intake may be too low.

HW: 265
SW: 250
CW: 204

On 19/07/2017 at 9:22 AM, erinhazey said:

Thank you friends!

Since I'm pre-op, I'm certainly not an authority but weight does fluctuate normally. If it's a pound, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it's 10 or 20, I would recommend contacting your surgeon's office ASAP. One tool that I have is a Withings Smart Body Analyzer scale, which syncs my weight, heart rate and the CO2 levels in my... bathroom (yeah, I know, you're not supposed to keep the scale in your bathroom, but it doesn't do too well with carpet). The benefit of this is that I can look at a graph of my weight. Here is a six-month graph from my dashboard:

599f9ac2cbc49_Capturedecran2017-08-2421_33_16.thumb.png.eaaf9182d0e95cd77b4da5a125ebfb81.png

Yeah, it's in French... and metric, but one thing you can see is that my numbers are going DOWN for total weight (or poids (kg)) from avril (or April) to août (or August). This kind of thing helps me to see the bigger picture, because while you can see the spikes up and down, what you see overall is the trend.