Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I won't follow the herd any more...

Hmmm... lots of thoughts running through my tired brain at the moment......

.....I have a hunch that if we all met in real time (over Mexican Rum and yes, I share!) we might end up having a lot of really good laughs and a little fun. There is something about disagreements and the internet, sometimes it is hard to work through them. In person things seem to work a little easier.

Maybe what we need to do is have phone chats here and there. Really get to know one another. Sometimes you understand a person better if you see or hear them vs. their words on a computer screen.

I don't know, I guess I just did it again. I wrote another book. I'm tired and wordy tonight.

I knew I liked you! You get wordy when tired - that's one of my special traits!

So, wait. You "shut your mouth" by starting a thread? How does that work, exactly?

HEY! I shut my mouth AFTER starting the thread. I'm allowed to drink and write in this section, aren't I?

HEY! I shut my mouth AFTER starting the thread. I'm allowed to drink and write in this section, aren't I?
Sorry, I was being bitchy last night. Too little sleep and too much stress makes my mouth run.

Honestly, I don't know what you are talking about. Did I say you were a loser? Link? I'm drawing a blank on that one.

Nah, somebody wrote "Everybody say wooooooosaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!", and it sure sounds like loser when I say it!

Nah, somebody wrote "Everybody say wooooooosaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!", and it sure sounds like loser when I say it!
Ever seen Bad Boys II? It's from that, supposedly a relaxation technique.

Chelle...

I'm telling you, things are different here. People (except Sandy, most here don't like her) are not attacked for who they are or what their opinions are. We disagree, but we don't attack. We attack the ideas but not typically the people. You have to work pretty hard at being attacked around here.

We have friends around here but not cliques. Lauren and I happen to not care for Dee but if Dee would have been a friend of mine Lauren might look at me with a raised eyebrow but she wouldn't give a rip who my friends are. The cliques just don't exist. Friendships do, but not groupies.

That's why when you made the Wendell comment I had to smile to myself because I do understand the mindset. It's the OH mindset. I swear to you I don't mean that as a slam, just a reality of how I view the situation. You need to spend a little more time over here and see the flip side to the coin so you can see what I'm talking about.

I am here to meet more people, learn, and just have a good time. I made the Wendell comment somewhat in jest, because the same people over here jump in every single time he makes a snide joking comment about Sandy. Now maybe, just maybe, all would jump in anyway. But unfortunately, perception easily becomes reality.

I am coming to this forum in particular because of a few people that I do enjoy chatting with <take a bow>, and for entertainment and conversation. I still maintain that I can jump in or out at my own schedule and pleasure....cuz in the words of Monica Lewinsky "Nobody is the boss of me!"

I only did what was right. She had no business contacting me about someone else's medical history. It's funny because she got quite jumpy when I told her that I was in HR and knew all about HIPAA. I even questioned what her credentials were. Of course, she never did respond to that other than to tell me that it's quite common to discuss patients. I know it is. If you have something to do with their care.

I think every newbie there was accused of being someone else and it was usually me, Dee, or Wendell. Of the three of us there is only one that uses sock puppets. It's not me and it's not Wendell.

I mean for goodness sakes, LOOK at my posts. Is there *anything* I wouldn't say under this ID? Anything in the world? And under KabukiCoyote on OH is there anything in the world I wouldn't say under that ID? I'm pretty blunt and open, I have no use for a sock puppet. What the heck am I going to say under a sock puppet ID that I wouldn't say under my own? I could not have possibly come down harder on the cheerleaders at OH under Kabuki so the use for a socket puppet would be... what? I take full responsibility and credit for my own posts. I write them and I mean what I write.

The one thing I did find amusing over there had to do with the photo issue. I have never had a photo yet I was accused of having a photo and taking it down. Then I was accused of being a sock puppet because I have no photo. Yet Dee had a sock puppet and nobody realized it because she came up with a photo from the internet. If I would have used a fake photo found on line somewhere it would have not been an issue. But I choose to maintain internet privacy and therefore I'm not a real person.

There isn't a single fat photo of me anywhere on the internet and there never will be. That's just the way it is and it isn't going to change.

Hey even I got accused of being you and I am much fatter and older!

I am here to meet more people, learn, and just have a good time. I made the Wendell comment somewhat in jest, because the same people over here jump in every single time he makes a snide joking comment about Sandy. Now maybe, just maybe, all would jump in anyway. But unfortunately, perception easily becomes reality.

I am coming to this forum in particular because of a few people that I do enjoy chatting with <take a bow>, and for entertainment and conversation. I still maintain that I can jump in or out at my own schedule and pleasure....cuz in the words of Monica Lewinsky "Nobody is the boss of me!"

Well, in all fairness to me and many others, Bozo the clown, Satan himself, or Pickles my Bunny could make a statement about Sandy and quite a few would chime in.

She is really REALLY not liked over here by a great number of people.

Seriously, Chelle. I really don't give a flying you-know-what that you are friends with Sandy. I don't care. I may not agree with it at all, but you pick your own friends. I'm NOT going to shut up about her, though, just because she happens to have a few friends and supporters. The lady (if you can call her that) is an unrepentant lying, stealing, nurse-impersonating convict.

And about the cliques....

I am a firm believer that the only people that don't see cliques are either 1) completely blind and stupid, or 2) in the clique.

Why would you or anyone else ASSume who my friends are? LaraNicole is a close personal friend of mine in real life. I don't think that I've admitted or denied anyone else. So don't jump to conclusions, my friend. Even that ONE person who is still on my bad list after all this time has not been called out as such by name.

And about that clique statement.... Even in high school I saw cliques, and was often ASSumed to be in several at a time. The snobs, the jocks, the party people and so forth. I ignored the comments then too, because I will hang with whoever can contribute to a stimulating conversation. Always have and always will.

I go to many different diversity group events at my work. So I have been asked things like "When did you come out?", "You don't look Hispanic (or Black or Asian", etc).... I'm just a married white straight mom of two grown boys who believes that I will enjoy life more, if I share it with the widest range of people possible. There is always something for me to learn. So does that make me cliquish?

I only did what was right. She had no business contacting me about someone else's medical history. It's funny because she got quite jumpy when I told her that I was in HR and knew all about HIPAA. I even questioned what her credentials were. Of course, she never did respond to that other than to tell me that it's quite common to discuss patients. I know it is. If you have something to do with their care.

Did you see on the other thread where Wendell endorced you posting the PM from Sandy?