Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A good problem, but . . .

34 minutes ago, Missy161 said:

Or a clothing swap!

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 199 GW 135

I do have a few things I am saving to take to a seamstress that are high ticket items, but don't want to go to the expense of having something altered to need it altered a month down the road, and it is pretty expensive where I live. Clothing swap sounds good in theory, but finding someone to swap the kind of clothes I need and in the size I need is almost impossible to find. I realize the smaller I go, the harder it is to find.

Thanks though for the suggestions.

As someone above mentioned some cleaners may take in items inexpensively. Just a thought for some of your less expensive items. Good luck- yes it's a great problem to have!
Thankfully I have a lot of items I couldn't part with front he last time I lost weight so I have clothes from size 12-16. I have a great friend who had a lot of professional high end clothing that she gave me size 16-18- I was a large 16, 2xl tops when I started and I'm already giving away the larger clothing and moving into some of my regular 16's. Today I am wearing a blouse that I loved but only had worn a couple of times because the arms were too tight. It feels very good
I can't wait until I can pull out my 14's! 25 pounds down today!

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 198 GW 135

4 hours ago, YeaMe said:

Thanks for all the input! I decided to go out on Saturday and see what I could find. My initial plan was to hit Ross, Old Navy, Target, Cato, but on the way I dropped off 4 garbage bags of clothes at Goodwill (both exciting and painful). So I thought, I'll just go in and see what they have. For $84 (they were having a 30-40% off sale and it was Senior Sat. (over 55) for an additional 30% off) I ended up with 2 pairs of jeans, 4 pairs of slacks, 2 suit jackets, 2 cardigans, and 22 tops for work. The tops worked out to $1.23 apiece. I'm 14 lb from goal so I know my pants may probably change 1 more size, but not my top. I literally having nothing left to lose on the top (bones are protruding). I feel I have a good base to work from and did save some of my more expensive clothes for alterations (if that is even possible).

This journey is amazing - I never thought I would be in the 160s or SIZE 8/10, EVER again.

That's a great sale! I'm glad you found it. 😊

Edited by Newme17

3 hours ago, YeaMe said:

in the size I need is almost impossible to find. I realize the smaller I go, the harder it is to find.

Most US women are 12-18. Once you get to 8/10 the world is your oyster. It kind of makes me excited to hit a 6. I have so many choices on clearance now, and at stores like Ross and TJ Maxx etc. Being a 12 was a real pain, that is a super popular size.

Blazer are worth having tailored depending.

Once you get weight stable. it is worth shopping at Nordstrom and having a Nordstrom card, credit or debit because you can earn points for free alternations, and their alternations are affordable even without using points.

I have some $500 St John pants I am going to have tailored in the fall, but I wouldn't waste money tailoring anything below a $200 price tag, it isn't built to last anyway and the cuts and fabrics are not really conducive to tailoring because of inferior construction.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside