Hi! I just looked into and filled out the form for BariatricPal MX and got the email for approval! Eek! I am so excited but I was curious how much was the deposit you had to put down to hold your date and how do you pay? Credit card over the phone or once you get there? I know I need to call them for all this but my husband is really nervous about me going out of country for this surgery so I was trying to see how everyone else did it and show him that it's a great place and safe:)

Thanks everyone in adjacent for advice and I wish everyone a ton of lucky in this crazy amazing journey!!! Xo

• Like 1

Hi! I put $500 down and brought a cashier's check with me. Another refreshing thing at Dr. Illan's group wasn't pushy about making sure they had all their money like the US system. My husband and parents were all very worried, but this has been an eye-opening experience. I have never been treated so well by staff during a surgical procedure. My mom came with me and they made sure she was happy-brought her dinner and coffee in the morning. :) There is not much additional cost to bring a companion besides the flight and trinkets so he could come and stay with you in your room. Many come by themselves and seem to do just fine. [emoji16]

• Like 1

I'm scheduled for 8/12 with Dr. Illan and paid the $500 down through my Wells Fargo account. I'll do the same with the remainder the week before surgery.
My wife was initially worried about going to Mexico for surgery, but knows now these are highly skilled people and this is what they do day in and day out.
Good luck!

• Like 1

I'm scheduled for 8/12 with Dr. Illan and paid the $500 down through my Wells Fargo account. I'll do the same with the remainder the week before surgery.
My wife was initially worried about going to Mexico for surgery, but knows now these are highly skilled people and this is what they do day in and day out.
Good luck!

• Like 1

I'm scheduled for 8/07 with Dr. Illan. I paid 3% extra ($515.00) on my paypal account. I will take a cashier's check with me for the balance when I leave.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• low bmi sleeve

Surgeons office just called they submitting for approval today  now i am freaking out!!!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BrittneyH

I saw my surgeon and got cleared for surgery and saw my nutritionist and got my post op food list! I am so excited! Plus I am down 20 lbs! I will have a surgery date soon!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • bookworm1983

Had my gastric sleeve surgury on 12/28. I have lost about 15 pounds since surgery but have hit a stall. It is soooo frustrating! Any advice is greatly appreciated
      · 4 replies
      1. MowryRocks

Just be patient. It sounds like a pat answer, but it is literally the only thing you can do to crush the dreaded 3 week stall!

2. MissSimpson

We have the same surgery day and the same problem. I’ve lost about 20, then stopped. I’m hardly eating anything, logging everything, getting my water and proteins. I don’t know what’s wrong. It’s so frustrating.

3. Creekimp13

Nothing is wrong. Be patient. Eat well. Exercise. Don't panic:)

4. Holls06

I'm in the same boat, i was sleeved 12/29 and lost 15 lbs since surgery, and the scale hasn't moved for me in 3 or 4 days. Its frustrating.

• Little Green

I'm doing so well on the new plant-based way of eating! It's been 1 month since my final diet visit, where I found out I had gained about four pounds since my previous visit in November. That meant I had only lost 3 pounds overall from March-December 2017. Ugh, sad trombone. However, in the last 3 weeks of eating a plant-based diet I've lost 13 pounds from my December visit weight! And that includes Christmas and a vacation! So definitely not a "perfect" month by any means. I'm really hoping this way of eating will support my goal of reaching and maintaining 100% of excess weight lost. 
      · 2 replies
      1. karen_marie

Hey whatever works! I've had a few friends go plant-based and drop a lot of weight naturally.

2. Little Green

Thanks for the support! That's awesome to hear.

• tiffs.losing.it

I had my consult last Friday and do not have my first "series" of appointments until 2/2. 
      I'd love to have some direction until that date regarding an eating plan ect. 
      · 1 reply
      1. hollynw

Were you given any paperwork at the consult that showed what your diet plan would be like after surgery?

• Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

1. 5 Fail-Proof Steps to Lose Weight in the New Year

Posted in: Post-Op Support
      Alex Brecher
    2. How to Tell Your Loved Ones about Weight Loss Surgery

Posted in: Pre-Op Support
      Alex Brecher
    3. It’s NOT a DIET!

Posted in: Post-Op Support
      Connie Stapleton, PhD
    4. How to REALLY make a change in 2018