Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP! Been at a stall, need advice.

I had my surgery 11/8/16. By April, 2017 I was already down 55 lbs. Since then, the scale hasn't gone down anymore. It has gone up and down within 4 lbs. and that's it. I am beyond frustrated. I eat super healthy and drink plenty of fluids. I know I could definitely use more time at the gym, but I wouldn't think to where it would cause this much of a stall. Has anybody else hit a stall that has lasted this long in the beginning of their weight loss journey? Any input is greatly appreciated. I really need some positive words to help me along.

Thanks everyone!

I'm sorry no one has responded to this. I'd love to know the answer too. My doctor did recommend for a stall to start over again, go back to the liquids for a couple of weeks and it should jump start your body. I hope that helps.

That's a long stall, and I'd be horribly frustrated, too.

So, I lost, on average, six pounds a month. But my longest stall was nine weeks. I'd say going back full liquids might be good, but if that's too challenging, try two Protein smoothies or shakes (not too high in calories), high protein Snacks like cheese, raw nuts and hard boiled eggs, and a lean protein and veg meal for ten days to two weeks. Stay off the carbs, coffee and sugar for that time. Don't graze. It's our downfall.

That should shock your body into giving up the first few pounds, and hopefully, more will follow once you go back to protein and solid eating afterward.

Best, and stalls happen. They suck, but keep pushing forward.

Cheri

Thanks you both very much for responding. I need something to happen soon. This is killing me not seeing anything happening on the scale. Ugh. I'll let you know if I see anything good happen over the next couple of weeks. Thanks again

Hello, I also reached a stall during my journey. Even though I am still early on my doctor advised me not to rely solely on the scale. He informed me that with his past patients most people who reach a stall are losing measurement in their body instead of body mass. I measure myself regularly and this has been what has happened to me. Maybe it has also happened to you. Hope it helps

Thank you for your post. I do keep track of my inches as well. I'm down a total of 29 inches to date. I definitely can see the difference and I know I shouldn't rely on that damn scale but it's sooo hard. I was supposed to see my doc in April and they cancelled as he had an emergency which I completely understand. Then for my June appt I had to cancel due to work obligations. So I hope I don't have to miss my August appt because I really look forward to seeking him. I know I have to stay positive through this.

You say you are on plan but don't say exactly what and how much you are eating and drinking. Post the grams of Protein, carbs, calories and ounces of liquid. Are you tracking daily?

Good morning and thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I have never been one to journal my food. I can however, tell you what a typical day of eating for me is like. Yesterday for breakfast I had A package of maple and brown sugar oatmeal and for lunch I had vegetable lasagna that was made with zucchini squash onions cottage cheese and a couple other things that I can't remember off the top my head however maybe 3 ounces of that. For a snack yesterday afternoon I had those graze mixed nuts that come prepackaged and I think that's about 2 ounces. I also had a question nutrition waffle Cereal Protein Bar mid day. Those have 12 g of Proteins 3 g of net carbs and 6 g of Fiber. For dinner I had a half of a turkey burger with American cheese and catch up and about 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese. I drink about 96 ounces of Water at work and then I drink an additional 24 ounces at home so I'm getting plenty of fluids in during the day. For today I am having a Protein Shake for breakfast and I will be having a salad with cottage cheese some shredded mozzarella and ranch dressing for lunch and apple for a snack and a Protein bar for a snack and dinner I am not sure what we will be having
This evening for dinner as I go to the gym when I get home. We don't eat out at fast food restaurants and I typically work out at the gym five days a week.

Nancy did you try to do anything different with your diet?

Darlenest :Go back and look at any packaging for carb and sugar content.I looked up Quaker Oats Maple and Brown sugar the carbs was 32g and sugar was 12grams.Now granted I don't know if this is the ones you eat.But that's pretty high then I wasn't sure if your lunch had any Pasta mixed with the zucchini or not.Anyway what I'm saying just for a couple of days keep up with your carbs and sugar intake to see if it's over your doctors recommended amount.Thats the only thing I can think of that might help.Hope it does in some way.Have a blessed day!

Hi Sharon. Yes it is Quaker Oats. This typically isn't my Breakfast bu but was yesterday. So maybe I need to take that out of rotation. I don't eat Pasta, the zucchini is actually the pasta, it's zoodles. I'll start monitoring my carbs and sugars to see what I'm taking in exactly. Maybe that is where I will see where my downfall is. I know I'm not overeating that's for sure. Ugh.

If you have Facebook, check out Dr Duc Vuong, the Support Surgeon. He has great videos and support. He recommends drinking a green smoothie for Breakfast, green leafy salad for lunch with Protein. It worked for me. He has a few books as well. Good luck.

Yes I have fb and I will definitely look him up. :)