Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant after sleeve

So, prior to my WLS, I struggled with infertility, I have PCOS, So, the doctor said it could be easier to get pregnant, but even skinny people with PCOS have problems. Well, 7 months after surgery, down about 75 lbs from my high weight, I go to the minute clinic for a lingering upper respiratory infection, and have the Duh Moment that I'm two weeks late... Well turns out I was pregnant, I freaked out, they said wait a minimum of 12 months... Oops, well, I was told quickly that I was going to miscarry, that I had a blighted ovum. (So, I'm preparing myself for my 3rd miscarriage), Well, my blighted ovum isn't a blighted ovum. I'm now about 9 weeks along, and baby is going great. But, I have to take progesterone due to my PCOS and low progesterone levels, it makes me SO SICK. it did when I was pregnant with my son, but it's worse now. I'm struggling to over come these darn cravings, all I want is comfort food because I feel like crap... I need support, I feel guilty complaining because this is truly a miracle baby. It took 4 years to get pregnant with my son and stay pregnant, and he will be 4 in July, we tried for 2 years after him and got nowhere. Then I put trying on hold to have surgery.... Any one who's been thru this I could sure use someone! thanks ladies!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

Well, as a male, no I have not been through this but:

4 minutes ago, WaxSlinginDreamer said:

my blighted ovum isn't a blighted ovum. I'm now about 9 weeks along, and baby is going great.

This is fantastic news! I'm always happy to hear about how WLS has changed lives for the better!

4 minutes ago, WaxSlinginDreamer said:

I feel guilty complaining because this is truly a miracle baby.

No need to feel guilty for complaining, that and sharing of information is what this site is all about.

5 minutes ago, WaxSlinginDreamer said:

I'm struggling to over come these darn cravings, all I want is comfort food because I feel like crap...

Most people feel this way when they are stressed and used to using food for comfort in the past, I think it is perfectly normal.

7 minutes ago, WaxSlinginDreamer said:

But, I have to take progesterone due to my PCOS and low progesterone levels, it makes me SO SICK.

Can you ask the doctor for nausea meds to help?

Either way, congrats on everything, I think you are doing wonderful, especially under the circumstances.

1 minute ago, WaxSlinginDreamer said:

The doctor doesn't want to give me meds for the tummy because I'm allergic to Zofran, and she doesn't want to add any other meds to my risky equation. :/

OK, I get it. Is there anything else she can she suggests?

I don't know what it's like, and I honestly don't know if it will be helpful, but have you tried some ginger tea for the upset stomach?

Really happy for you! I dont have any children, I have pcos, and Im hoping wls will help me conceive.

Congrats!!!! That is a miracle. I had PCOS and my doctors said that a baby would be difficult because of my age, PCOS and obesity. My husband and I really just let it ride and decided to adopt a 4-legged baby after I was sleeved 6/2015. To our surprise, we were shocked with the news that we were pregnant just a couple of weeks ago with our first child at age 42. I have been struggling a LOT with extreme nausea and dizziness - lost 5 pounds over the past week and a half. The doctor said not to worry about it because a lot of women lose weight in the first trimester. I'm hoping that it improves over the next few weeks. I found Preggie Pop candies and, ironically, milkshakes settle my stomach. I'm also able to take Tums/Rolaids and they help as well. I know that it's hard to enjoy when you're not feeling your best but things should improve soon.

Congrats!! It's a huge miracle, so I'm sure you're excited.

My situation is a little different, as we did fertility treatments (we used our frozen embryos), but I was on progesterone shots and suppositories a good while with two pregnancies. I know that misery. The nausea, carb cravings, aching boobs...ugh.

So, honestly? I gave in, in moderation. It's all I could keep down. At one point, oatmeal was it. It was nuts. I gained about 7 pounds from the pre-FET before-I-knew-I-was-preggo treatment and 26 pounds while pregnant. I lost 14 immediately after birth. I did, eventually, lose it all and go 17 under goal. It just took time.

The biggest thing is a healthy pregnancy. Dude, I ate what that baby wanted. Foods I hate, like Peanut Butter, and strawberries. She was fine.

I hope you have a healthy nine months. It's a drag being on supplemental hormones, but you can do this. Your sleeve will be there, still rockin when you get done delivering a beautiful baby. I lost my baby weight plus that extra between 3.5-4.5 years out. You're golden.

Stay healthy, mama,

Cheri

First of all, congrats! I got pregnant with my first at 270 pounds, went up to 294 pounds. Had surgery 6 weeks after baby, and lost over 170 pounds. I am currently 24 weeks pregnant with baby number 2. This pregnancy is so much better. Of course, I did have the advantage of letting my body settle (since we waited 2 years to get pregnant - it was literally almost 2 years to the day from surgery that I found out I was pregnant). The cravings are hard, but I can eat so little, it isn't bad. I've gained about 10 pounds so far. I am still able to exercise 6 days a week - although not at my pre-pregnancy intensity. I just keep reminding myself that I don't need more food. I will drink some Water or get busy chasing my 2 year old or our new puppy.