Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seriously thinking about backing out. I don't know if I actually trust my surgeon after seeing multiple news stories about his malpractices. Also.. when I googled the statistics it came up a 1 out of 50 people die from the sleeve surgery.

Yikes. I would never let someone cut me open that I didn't have faith in.

Statistically the sleeve is on par with gallbladder surgery. Not sure where you got that statistic.

Still, there's always a risk.

The bigger issue is your surgeon. Can you get a different surgeon?

Yikes. I would never let someone cut me open that I didn't have faith in.
Statistically the sleeve is on par with gallbladder surgery. Not sure where you got that statistic.
Still, there's always a risk.
The bigger issue is your surgeon. Can you get a different surgeon?

Most likely not.. my mother is paying for this and it's a pretty much, "now or never" with her

Most likely not.. my mother is paying for this and it's a pretty much, "now or never" with her

Does your mother know about the sketchy record of your surgeon?

Many physicians have malpractice suits filed against them, but those are simply allegations. I know that my surgeon has been sued for malpractice before, but it does not worry me at all because there was no finding of wrongdoing on his part. Some people tend to blame their physicians when anything goes wrong, even when the complication arose from non-compliance or preexisting conditions. That is why physicians pay a lot of money for malpractice insurance. If your surgeon has multiple judgments against him where a court/jury found that he committed malpractice, that may be a cause for concern. All that being said, I think that if you are uncomfortable with your surgeon for any reason at all, you should not let him perform surgery on you.

Many physicians have malpractice suits filed against them, but those are simply allegations. I know that my surgeon has been sued for malpractice before, but it does not worry me at all because there was no finding of wrongdoing on his part. Some people tend to blame their physicians when anything goes wrong, even when the complication arose from non-compliance or preexisting conditions. That is why physicians pay a lot of money for malpractice insurance. If your surgeon has multiple judgments against him where a court/jury found that he committed malpractice, that may be a cause for concern. All that being said, I think that if you are uncomfortable with your surgeon for any reason at all, you should not let him perform surgery on you.

I had my surgery today.

HW - 230
CW - 220
SW -
GW -

I had my surgery today.

HW - 230
CW - 220
SW -
GW -

Congratulations! My surgeon is one of the best in the field and he has malpractice suits too. It’s par for the course when you are a doctor. I’m glad to see you went through it. Keep us posted on progress!

Congratulations! My surgeon is one of the best in the field and he has malpractice suits too. It’s par for the course when you are a doctor. I’m glad to see you went through it. Keep us posted on progress!

Yesterday I felt great. Today not so much. They gave me Jello and Italian ice to try and keep down but it made me extremely nauseous and hurting. I'm extremely tired too.

HW - 230
SW - 215
GW - 120
Height 5'5"

It takes time. I had vomiting afterwards due to swelling. I got a shot of steroids and no problems since. It gets better.

I am 1 week post op and I'd agreed the nausea is the worst part. I can't deal with the smell of broth at all. I'm pretty much living on Rockin refuel Protein milk. Taste just like chocolate milk. And oikos triple zero Greek yogurt. Both high in protein. I was getting sick of so much sweet taste so I added Tomato juice with sea salt it really helped. Must be working I've lost 29 lbs my first week. Oh yeah and lots of Water. It's starting to get easier. Trust me I'm only 1 week out I feel your pain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using BariatricPal mobile app

29 lbs since surgery? Or including pre-op diet??

No since surgery. I lost 25 lbs in 5 days. But I did have a lot of Fluid retention. My feet and calves always stayed swollen. Now I can see the bones in my feet and my calves are no longer tight. But also in the first 5 days I could only eat about 2 bites Jello and maybe 2 spoons of broth a day. Mostly eating crushed ice and Water. My doc let me have Protein Shakes and sf pudding on the 3rd day. But my nausea was very bad. All my shirts are getting loose. I couldn't believe it either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using BariatricPal mobile app