Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I needs hugs today

I am feeling so down today.

First, I keep waking up with the most disgusting taste in my mouth, it's bad enough that it keeps waking me up at night. When I spit it out it is the most disgusting greenish sticky "something" that makes me gag every time. I read somewhere that it could be bile. Os that even possible?

Then, I decide to weigh myself and, of course, the scale went up a smidge. Right, only a smidge but when you are already down a smidge is like a ton. I told myself I was not going to worry about the scale but here I am.

Later, I end up puking the only two or three bites of eggs I had this morning. I am beginning to sense a pattern... Apparently my pouch rejects hot foods. Boy, it's going to be a fun Winter!

I figured what the heck, I am so down today but hey! I've lost 40lbs already, let's try some clothes on... Well, turns out that even after losing 40lbs clothes still fit horribly on me.

Sigh... I hope things get better... I need all the hugs today.

I hope it gets better for you
My pouch hates Grapes, Grapefruit, Brown Rice and Pasta. Makes me sad because I really like Grapefruit. I don't care that it hates pasta or rice or grapes but grapefruit? Come on now. Lol

----------------------------

HW- 273
Pre-op Wt- 230
SW- 226
CW- 195
GW- 130
Ht- 5'2.5"
DOS- April 26th, 2017

"Only those who try will become." ~FFX

I know... Little a-holes. They have a mind of their own. They should make a Pixar short about them.

I ended up puking my lunch too and now my pouch is telling me it's hungry. Well, screw you. Now you are going to wsit until dinner!

How far out are you? Are you still on acid reducers? Puking up things that you tolerated before is not something to ignore. It could mean several things, one of which is a stricture getting started.

Think about whether this seems to be a 1 day fluke, or a pattern getting started...

My surgery was 6/1. I am still on acid reducers and meds to prevent stones, but I will confess I am having some trouble getting them in.

You are correct, I am definitely not ignoring any symptoms and I am actually happy to have an appointment on Wednesday so I am writing everything down to tell the doctor.

I had a really hard time 3 weeks post op and was puking a lot. I called the Dr and they had me do a couple of days back in liquid diet to let my pouch settle. It helped a ton. I still have issues since my pouch is really sensitive but it's a lot better.

It is very possible that I may have made a mistake like chewing too quickly or something like that. Let's hope dinner goes smoothly tonight!

It is very possible that I may have made a mistake like chewing too quickly or something like that. Let's hope dinner goes smoothly tonight!

Eat slowly never allow yourself to be rushed. Chew carefully. As long as I do this I can eat anything. When I rush or force more food I get dumping syndrome.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh, you aren't as far out as I thought. At your stage I was on soupy purees. I agree, backtrack and slow down.

Good luck!

Sending late hugs! Hoping you're feeling better!! I agree at 3 weeks post op I was not on solids yet. Try and stay positive...honestly the year will go fast and the first 12 weeks are so important to take slow and allow your pouch to heal small cause it will stretch in time but you want it to happen slowly.