Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

I am so happy that this thread was started. This was the one thing standing in the way of my having surgery. I was wrestling with the whole thing of would God approve. I had already made my decision to go forward but it really helps to get a take from other Christians. Thanks,

In Him.

Alfie

I want to join this thread too! I am a christian and I am having the surgery next week on Wednesday. I am a little nervous, a little scared and anxious to get this over with. Please pray for me. I have a lot of other things going on in my life besides the surgery coming up. :paranoid

:help:

Hi, Amy,

I'm a nurse, too. I had my surgery 7/20/07 and things are going quite well. I've had two fills and have an appointment for another one next week.

We'll all be keeping you in our prayers this week as you have your surgery.

Hi! My name is Dan and I am having surgery next Wednesday also. I am getting nervous and anxious to get it over with. Please pray that god will be beside me the whole way. Thanks!

Dan,We will definitely be praying for you and Yes, God will be there with you all the way, that is just the kind of father he is! Isn't he just awesome!? ;)

I will pray God gives you patience as you wait on Wednesday to arrive and that he comforts you beyond measure during the recovery from the surgery. Praying for you...

Lapbandfan

Welcome Dan!!!! Congratulations on your date being so near ;)

The Father will watch over you, protect you and keep you. You are in my prayers!

Cqqlgrl - that was beautiful - thanks for posting that. So many times I just need the reminder to let go and let God.

Hugs and prayers!

Wombat (Geneva) <><

Good morning all,

Dan, God is with you just like Lapbandfan said. Philippians 4:7 , "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

Heavenly Father, You are an awesome God and we praise you for all your blessings. Life itself is a blessing when you breathed on us and touched us with your finger of love this morning. Thank you for loving us and thank you so much for forgiveness. P. S. Thanks for the Lapband!!!!!!

In Jesus' name. Amen

Gloria

Cqqlgrl -Thanks for your inspirational post.

God is good, he is helping me daily by keeping his arm around my shoulder and his hand over my mouth!! I am doing okay but am praying hour-by-hour as my old bad habits are wanting to take over sneaking food. I repeat the bible verse in my signature line about my body is now my own and I was bought with a price by the Precious blood of Jesus. I disappoint him all the time but I wonder if he got what he paid for in me?

I pray daily that I am an example of his love to others and I am praying for all of you on this thread, the already-banded, the newly banded and soon-to-be banded and for those who happen upon this thread out of curiosity, I pray God will show his love through us to all those around us.

I feel I have been commiting the sin of gluttony too long and need to keep up in commiting my ways to Him as it tells us to do in Proverbs.

Well, take care and hope you all have a blessed day!

Hi,

First I would like to apologize for coming in here like this, but I was told that if I went to the Doctor's thread that maybe I could get some help.

I saw this and seeing how I am a Christian and it was under that topic I was hoping that maybe I could get that question answered right here.

I am very seriously considering the Lap Band surgery and I was wanting to find out if anyone knew of any good Dr's that are in Greenville NC that I can get in contact with?

Right now I am gathering a lot of information about this surgery and I am asking tons of questions because I do not want to just dive into something and then regret it later because I did not take my time. I'm sure you all can understand that.

I have had many people bringing up the gastric to me, and I absolutely refuse to have it done. I do not feel comfortable with it, it is to drastic, and it is playing with God's handy work! I think I'll pass on that one. But with the lap band, nothing is taken out and I am not afraid to have this one done at all. I don't even feel uncomfortable about it like I do with the other one !

I do apologize again for making this a reply instead of a new thread, but I did not see where I could do that.

Thanks a lot and God Bless

Bleste

Hi everyone, I have lurked on this site before but never became part of it. I do pray for people with prayer requests. Hollyberry, how is your little boy that had the cleft palate surgery? And I pray for those with financial problems. I went through so many finicial crises when I was raising my family. God always came through for me. He doesn't always answer our prayers in the way we want, but he does answer them and I have always seen the wisdom of his answers eventually....sometimes years later. I ask His blessings on all of us as we struggle along in this world. Remember what awaits us in the next!

Hello all and Thanks again for all of the encouragement and prayers. I am not feeling as down and weary as I was last week and even though times may be tough I am still confident and find reassurance in God's word that says (paraphrased) I have never seen the righteous forsaken nor his seed begging for bread. We're not poor but definitely not rich but God sustains and keeps us. Sfeiner, you are right...........sometimes we don't see the why things are going like they are but eventually God will reveal. And there's a big difference in where you are when you are supporting a young family (and one in college w/a child) versus noone but you and your spouse. So thanks everyone again.

Also, I want to send out my prayers to all that have posted and considering the surgery. By far, this is the best present I could have given myself. I went to my OB/GYN (I'd not gone in about 2 yrs but had been getting my exams by my Internal Med Dr) and he was just so excited and happy that I'd had this surgery. I've not reached restriction yet but if nothing else, it catapulted me to really thinking about my food choices and my health. I know God led me to this especially with the timeliness of how everything worked out with insurance approval. I did educate and prayer about both procedures but decided this was a more natural way to lose without the long term deficiency issues. The loss is a lot slower but I am indeed so thankful to God for leading me to this. Remember it is not magic and the weight will not just disappear, it is only a tool.

I will be praying that God will direct you and give you peace about this option if it is the right thing for you.

May God's everlasting Love and covering be upon you all!!

Hello, and welcome to the site/this thread. If you're looking for a local certified surgeon maybe you could check on the American Society of Matobolic and Surgeon's Society site. In addition to doing my research, I wanted to find a certified surgeon. May God abundantly with knowledge as you move ahead in your decision.

American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery

Dear Fellow Christians.. I have too much time on my hands today and I got into reading all the atheists rants and raves about Christians. I didn't respond. They just want to fight with some one/ Their hearts are hardened. I think they are searching and don't even know it/ I think we should pray for them. I don't remember all their names and probably shouldn't mention them anyway. I'm sure you have all come across their posts. I almost left this board a few weeks ago because they kept popping up injecting their beliefs, making fun of newcomers etc. Then I found this thread or forum or whatever it's called and decided to try to ignore the negative and come here. I've been trying hard to pray for every one who calls themselves atheist on this site. I just stop and pray for their salvation. Join me if you're so inclined.

Hello SFEINER and BLESTE!!

Bleste - I don't know anyone in NC so I'm sorry to be of no help. Please know that if you are on this thread that you will be prayed for!! :)

Sfeiner - I used to read everything on this website but now I choose carefully where to enter and what I want to read. I have seem some of those rants and chose not to respond either. We are told to not argue so I don't even go there. If you are in the rants & raves section then there's no telling what you will see - I choose VERY carefully what I want to read. If I get offended, then I don't go back to that thread rather than joining the frucus (sp?).

As for the people, they are genuinely nice and caring and have provided a great amount of advice on these boards. We are to hate the sin, not the sinner :)

I pray that God may bless each one of us today for His honor and glory.

wombat (geneva)

Hello All Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

I am happy to be a part of this thread. I just had my surgery last monday (12/3/07). I prayed for several months to be sure that this was the right decision and that it was God's will. I kept reciting the verse Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." and all I could think about was that without this surgery I wasn't going to have much of a future. I don't think that God would want us to not use a surgical intervention as a means to lose weight.

Well, I look forward to speaking to each of you in the coming months.

I wish you all a Blessed and Joyful Christmas!

May we remember the true meaning for the Season!

in Christ,

Eileen

sfeiner, I do join you in praying for those who do not know God. To each of us he has given a measure of faith. He has given it to them as well. Yet, they choose not to believe. He is not a God who will force himself on anyone. And in that day every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that He is lord.

I have enjoyed reading all the posts; so inspiring and just lets us realize that we are flesh and we are weak and vulnerable to the things in the world, but we are not of the world. He rose with all power in his hands. We have access to that power too.

Just knowing that he is mine, makes all the difference in my day.