Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have a reschedule date

I was scheduled for a breast reduction, lift, FNG on March 21st. The day before surgery I was to be marked. However when I got to the Doctor's office I was told I had to go and get another mammogram and an ultrasound. Later that day the Dr called and canceled my surgery for the next day. It took over 6 weeks for a biopsy to be taken. It was benign. I then had to wait 1 1/2 more weeks to get a rescheduled date.

Today I was told my rescheduled surgery date is Monday June 26th. Have to go through pre-op blood work and an EKG again. It will have been a 3 month delay but it is hopefully finally going to happen.

Fingers crossed for you!

My breast reduction and lift was the best thing (after the sleeve!) that I ever did! Been 4 years now and I fee SO much better. You will too!!! Good luck!

It's a long time comin', but it'll be here before you know it!

Good luck!

Despite having to wait, I'm glad they took the measures to make sure everything is A okay! Yay for a new date. Praying it goes smoothly from here on. 😊

I remember when you were going through all of this and how relieved I was when it came back as benign. Glad to hear you are progressing again, it is great news!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and support. I told my boss today of my date. We need to start again to transfer my client caseload to other rehab teachers before my surgery. They were expecting this so it should go as smooth a it did in March before the first schedule surgery date. Thank goodness I have a fantastic boss. She knows how important it is to get these skin removal surgeries so I can eventually get the back surgery so I can walk again.

Here's hoping for smooth sailing from here on out!

Thanks for the smoothing sailing comments. However if these Doctors of mine don't get their pretesting results and medical clearance to the surgeon it may be canceled again. Yesterday I sat in the PCP office for 2 1/2 hours until they finally gave me the tests result for the test that were done on June 9th. They claim they sent the results to the surgeon, but the surgeons says he didn't have them. I was not going to leave the PCP office until I got the medical clearance. The Dr finally came out to the waiting room and promised he would do the medical clearance and send it over to the surgeon yesterday afternoon. Guess what as of 6 pm Tuesday it is still not done. He was contacted again today and stated the Cardiologist from the EKG testing which had been done in March and again June 9th hadn't sent the medical clearance from the March testing. I find that odd as I was suppose to have this surgery March 21 and it was canceled because a biopsy was needed. I was again promised the PCP medical clearance would be sent Wednesday.

I am not giving up on this and will hound these Doctors until the clearances are in the doctors hands. I already hand delivered all the testing results to the surgeon yesterday but can't hand deliver the clearances. Tomorrow I go to the hospital for the preop and to pay my copay. I am usually a very patient woman but if there is a problem tomorrow the b***h will be coming out in me.

OMG I can't believe these latest development! Getting pre-op medical testings and clearance is so stressful and frustrating. I supposedly had all my pre-op testing for Excess skin removal on June 9th. Today 5 days before surgery is to happen I am told I need to head back to the PCP and have PT (Prothrombin Time), PTT (Partial Thromboplastin Time), and INR (International Normalized Ratio). asap. Why the heck wasn't this done June 9th. So I rush my butt to the PCP get this done just in time to get over to the hospital for the pre-surgery appt only to have to go back to the PCP because the hospital said I have an infection from a blood blister that broke open on my breast. Now I am on a cream and antibiotic 5 days before I am to have surgery. I sure hope this doesn't get canceled for the second time. I just don't understand why I am having so much trouble getting these breast boulders turned into molehills. If this surgery is canceled again for the second time I am going to be so upset I think I will explode and just hack them off myself. Just needed to vent!

You poor thing! They have you working so hard, your boobs are gonna deflate on their own! (Maybe that's what they're hoping happens?!)

You'll be like that woman on the airplane with implants.. the pressure change ... swellll.. BAM!!

Thanks for the support. I didn't hear about this woman. Deflating is the problem they are already so deflated they hang down to my knees when I am sitting without a bra on. This blood blister which opened up is bleeding today but the opening is smaller. I took the band aid off in hopes that it will dry up. The cream and antibiotic pills are making me sleepy, I sure hope by Monday morning this is healed.

Sounds like it's starting to heal.. that's great!

Yeah..the airplane thing is an urban legend kind of thing. Not a real person..(I hope!)

I bet whwn you (finally!) get your procedure, you'll feel like a whole different person!

If I get the surgery. Sent a picture of the popped blood blister to the surgeon at his request. It is so hard for me to believe this thing may cause my surgery to be canceled. He saw it and said if it doesn't get worse than maybe we can do the surgery. Will know better when he sees me at 10:30 on Monday for the markings. This will be a very frustrating and stressful weekend.

bloodblister.jpg

Thanks for the smoothing sailing comments. However if these Doctors of mine don't get their pretesting results and medical clearance to the surgeon it may be canceled again. Yesterday I sat in the PCP office for 2 1/2 hours until they finally gave me the tests result for the test that were done on June 9th. They claim they sent the results to the surgeon, but the surgeons says he didn't have them. I was not going to leave the PCP office until I got the medical clearance. The Dr finally came out to the waiting room and promised he would do the medical clearance and send it over to the surgeon yesterday afternoon. Guess what as of 6 pm Tuesday it is still not done. He was contacted again today and stated the Cardiologist from the EKG testing which had been done in March and again June 9th hadn't sent the medical clearance from the March testing. I find that odd as I was suppose to have this surgery March 21 and it was canceled because a biopsy was needed. I was again promised the PCP medical clearance would be sent Wednesday.
I am not giving up on this and will hound these Doctors until the clearances are in the doctors hands. I already hand delivered all the testing results to the surgeon yesterday but can't hand deliver the clearances. Tomorrow I go to the hospital for the preop and to pay my copay. I am usually a very patient woman but if there is a problem tomorrow the b***h will be coming out in me.

I'd go to the office and request a copy of the medical clearance letter. My cardiologist have me mine and I gave it to my surgeon for my sleeve surgery. This is uncalled for. Sorry about your difficulty with this.

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app