Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am just starting this journey and am finding my desire and excitmemt to be sleeved, growing each day. I am also finding that a lot of my relationship with food is incredibly mental. The first week after my initial Kaiser orentation my emotions swung like a pendulum at the thought of losing essentially my "best friend". So to combat morning the loss of food, I have decided to start a "Skinny List," a bucket list to fulfil missed opportunities. Mainly all of the things I haven't been able to do because of my weight or chose not to do because I was afraid of others judgement.
I am just curious if any others have a Skinny List, and what adventures are on it!?

~My Skinny List~
Buy a Bathing Suit without a skirt/shorts
Wear said bathing suit to the beach
Take a cruise
Indoor skydiving
Trampoline Park
"Run" a 5k
Ride in a Hot Air Balloon
Go to a spa
Water/Jet Skiing
Scuba Diving
Segway Tour
Ice Skating
Wear leggings
Wear a sports bra
Wear Skinny Jeans
Wear Shorts
Shop anywhere other than LB or Torrid
Do Pushups
Not be the fat friend
Fit in a booth
Have a date on New Years
Have a Valentine
Ride a non-disney roller coaster
Not have to use a seat belt extender on a plane
Love myself
e5104428b7e1033c84777fae8a34ed68.jpg.a9c00bc6613ea44a78b3c66611ceeb4f.jpg
Sent from my SM-N910T using BariatricPal mobile app

11 minutes ago, EmScaDem said:

I am just starting this journey and am finding my desire and excitmemt to be sleeved, growing each day. I am also finding that a lot of my relationship with food is incredibly mental. The first week after my initial Kaiser orentation my emotions swung like a pendulum at the thought of losing essentially my "best friend". So to combat morning the loss of food, I have decided to start a "Skinny List," a bucket list to fulfil missed opportunities. Mainly all of the things I haven't been able to do because of my weight or chose not to do because I was afraid of others judgement.

I am just curious if any others have a Skinny List, and what adventures are on it!? emoji132.pngemoji183.pngemoji567.pngemoji568.pngemoji475.pngemoji468.pngemoji473.pngemoji474.pngemoji574.pngemoji441.pngemoji126.png

~My Skinny List~

Take a cruise

Indoor skydiving

Trampoline Park

"Run" a 5k

Go to a spa

Water/Jet Skiing

Scuba Diving

Segway Tour

Ice Skating

Wear leggings

Wear a sports bra

Wear Skinny Jeans

Wear Shorts

Do Pushups

Not be the fat friend

Fit in a booth

Have a date on New Years

Have a Valentine

Love myself

e5104428b7e1033c84777fae8a34ed68.jpg

@EmSkaDem,

Congratulations on the beginning of your new journey and new life! I love your skinny list. I had a similar list and as the months go by I am nailing each one! ;) (Except I won't ever skydive or hot-air balloon no matter how thin I am- fear of dying, lol!)

My list also had/has: shopping in normal size clothing shops (I have been doing this now a bit TOO much, lol!), not hiding from cameras and photos, and traveling. Lots of traveling! It's sad that a year ago I was so ashamed to travel.

The break up with bad food is real. I had to say good bye as well. But the great thing is that surgery alters your mind/body and allows you to finally choose the right stuff to fuel yourself. I struggled the first few weeks with addiction but HAPPILY the addiction faded and I love eating healthy now.

Best of luck to you!! You'll be amazed at how you will be checking off all those items soon. :)

Kel

Edited by The New Kel

You guys are my heroes! I constantly worry about how I will handle cravings but I also have been saying goodbye to bad foods, kinda like a little funeral for each of them and burying them all. I just want the body back that got all kinds of attraction from men, I don't want a man but I miss having the control that drives them crazy lol. I also miss looking in the mirror and not being totally disgusted with the shape I've become. I also miss buying sexy and sassy clothes the most. The list is endless and I'm happy that I now have the choice to change all these characters of defects, because the last ten years have proven me defeated and I want to defeat my weight gain and never look back. Thanks for sharing, very inspiring!

Sent from my N9519 using BariatricPal mobile app

this is a GREAT idea! I found it really helped me too. sometimes we get hung up on the things surgery forces us to "give up" (I almost didn't have my surgery because I thought I couldn't give up diet pepsi!)... but it's true we have so much to GAIN!!! yes I can likely never have pepsi again... but without this surgery, I'd have never worn a size 12 pair of shorts again, or played soccer again... or or or.

keep this list handy! tape it to your mirror, put it on your fridge... it will help you get through the harder days.

Great idea!! The last thing on my list is to take salsa dance lessons. The nsvs are very rewarding!

food isn't your best friend. It wasn't mine either.

I love your list. You know that last one? "Love myself"? That's one you can start on right now. I remember looking in the mirror & hating my reflection. And that energy did nothing but make me feel worse. Don't beat yourself up. Please understand that food isn't your best friend - you are.

16 hours ago, DaleCruse said:

food isn't your best friend. It wasn't mine either.

I love your list. You know that last one? "Love myself"? That's one you can start on right now. I remember looking in the mirror & hating my reflection. And that energy did nothing but make me feel worse. Don't beat yourself up. Please understand that food isn't your best friend - you are.

Personally that feeling was more of a motivator for me.

And of course the first and few times in my life I was actually called a "fat ass". Rather than take it personally (since I couldn't care less about their opinion), I looked at myself and saw exactly what they saw, I had just been avoiding taking a good look in the mirror due to depression. It brought back to the forefront that battling depression is life and death.. no amount of self-coddling or feeling sorry for myself would make it better.

So anyhow, my bucket list isn't really any different from before the surgery.. the only thing that really changed for me was due to my increased weight I wasn't able to fit on rides at Cedar Point. It was a very embarrassing moment, and I fully plan to go back there and enjoy the fastest/biggest drop rides (Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, etc.) as I intended before.

Edited by PatientEleventyBillion

My skinny bucket list is

• To run with Charlie in the buggy to a downtown local coffee bar.
  • Be more independent.
  • More comfortable.
  • Swim laps.
  • Increase my employability.
  • Increase my endurance.
  • Increased grace.
  • Do an entire TRX session completely horizontal in stirrups.
  • Couture suit.
  • Body Lift - whatever it is and where ever it is I want it, clipped, nicked, sucked, tucked, yanked, stretched, and cut.
  • Cross-country skiing trip.
  • Cruise from Seattle to Alaska.
  • Firm arm muscles.
  • DANCE!

Oh yes, and be able to use my sewing patterns again.

Here's an obscure skinny bucket list item. I know its weird but all the years I was obese I daydreamed of going into my favorite coffee shops in the winter/holiday season wearing cute fuzzy sweaters and boots. Just the soothing image of looking and feeling cute and cozy, ordering a warm cup of coffee has always been a dream. So this winter, that's going to happen!!

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 11.07.21 AM.png

Great stuff! My ultimate physical goal is to be able to make this 14-mile round-trip hike and climb the cables to the top of Half Dome in Yosemite National Park: https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/halfdome.htm

That's the #1 item on my "Skinny Bucket List." Boarding an airplane and not having anxiety about the seat belt fitting or sitting next to a stranger is on there, too! Oh, and actually being able to buy some cool clothes (though I may still be forced to shop online for tall sizes). :)

I am just curious if any others have a Skinny List, and what adventures are on it!?

[emoji132][emoji183][emoji567][emoji568][emoji475][emoji468][emoji473][emoji474][emoji574][emoji441][emoji126]

~My Skinny List~
Take a cruise
Indoor skydiving
Trampoline Park
"Run" a 5k
Go to a spa
Water/Jet Skiing
Scuba Diving
Segway Tour
Ice Skating
Wear leggings
Wear a sports bra
Wear Skinny Jeans
Wear Shorts
Do Pushups
Not be the fat friend
Fit in a booth
Have a date on New Years
Have a Valentine
Love myself
e5104428b7e1033c84777fae8a34ed68.jpg.a9c00bc6613ea44a78b3c66611ceeb4f.jpg

I so love this idea ! I am new to my journey and I need some motivation like this on my fridge [emoji36]

Love the Skinny List! A lot of mine are similar to the original poster but here goes...

• enjoy theme parks again
  • no seat belt extender on a plain
  • wear a non plus sized outfit (any will do!)
  • hike and enjoy it
  • fit in a waffle house booth (cause they are the most narrow!)
  • zipline
  • ride a horse
  • kayaking
  • jump in a bouncy house with my niece and nephews
  • tackle a rock wall!
  • buy and wear knee high boots that actually fit around my calves!
  • learn to dance
  • travel travel travel!
  • climb the stair of the eiffel tower
  • learn to walk in heels

Oh yes, someone mentioned walking in heels. There is a pole dancer here in town who teaches women to walk in heels. I want to walk in heels too.

Oh yes, someone mentioned walking in heels. There is a pole dancer here in town who teaches women to walk in heels. I want to walk in heels too.

Omg... that is so nice... how does she advertise? God knows I will end up looking like a bear in heels!!

H 5'6" HW 253, CW 245, TBS 9/19