Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for people in the beginning stages.

yea mine is really booked too. i booked mine at the end of april [emoji24] feels forever because I am at the borderline and if I lose more weight I won't qualify.

O wow that's good that your successful on your own. How much weight have you lost all together?

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey! So, I don't even have an appointment yet ... contacted the clinic I want to use today, waiting to hear back. I'm a little bit older than you, 36...I wish I did this 10 years ago. But, insurance didn't cover it at that time and I wasn't able to afford it. Hoping to utilize this forum for support and guidance and I would love to keep up with you. It would be great to have a buddy to do this with.

O wow that's great recovery. Did you get the lapband in Cabo also? Why did you decide to switch. With research I've seen a lot of people switch from lap to sleeve.

I'm new too [emoji7] I can't figure out how to add people from the app but once I'm on my computer I can follow you and you're welcome to follow me back I'm getting my surgery on July 14th I'm revising from a lap band to a sleeve and really super excited about this new journey..

1 hour ago, rachel_babe said:

10lbs by myself but I have never been over 40 BMI.

O that's awesome so you'll be close to goal after you have your surgery. How much more would you like to lose?

Hi I'm Faith, I'm 36. I went for my initial consultation last month. I am diabetic and was just diagnosed with sleep apnea. I also have high blood pressure but it's controlled. I'm pretty lost right now on what the next step is. The Dr. said I had to get a psych evaluation but I have not heard from them.

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi Faith the same thing happened to me I had to call the psych a few times they all do things different but I had to take a MMPI test and then visit with her so it was two sessions.

O that's awesome so you'll be close to goal after you have your surgery. How much more would you like to lose?

I am 215 right now and 5'3/5'4 and want to be 145. Surgeon said I could get to 160 lb in 6 months so that is exciting.

what about you?

Hi Faith the same thing happened to me I had to call the psych a few times they all do things different but I had to take a MMPI test and then visit with her so it was two sessions.

What is an MMPI?

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

I am 215 right now and 5'3/5'4 and want to be 145. Surgeon said I could get to 160 lb in 6 months so that is exciting.

what about you?

I'd like to be around 170 I'm 5'7. I haven't talked to my dr yet. I'm hoping to have more info soon.

Hello I am having surgury on may 26 and i can tell u the hardest part of thisnis the 2 weeks liquid diet. I am on day 6 and today i woke up feeling weak and jittery.

Hello, I'm new and 32 years old. I just got my referral this week and completed the seminar but the local bariatric center said it would take their scheduler two weeks to call me to schedule a consultation, then another month before they can fit me in. This feels like a very slow process.

I have sleep apnea and am over 40 BMI. I met with a nutritionist last year and my doctor prescribed weight loss medication last month (made me sick, so I can't take it) so I feel that I do have a documented history with her if needed. I just hope I wont be denied by the surgeon since I had a baby 6 months ago. I think I'll be approved by my insurance but I'm worried that this bariatric center will drag it out. There's no other option in my insurance network, that I know of. In the meantime, I'm changing my earing habits slowly.

What is everyone's timeline like from the first call to where you are now?

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello I am having surgury on may 26 and i can tell u the hardest part of thisnis the 2 weeks liquid diet. I am on day 6 and today i woke up feeling weak and jittery.

That part scares me, but it'll be worth it. Do you drink nothing but Protein Shakes? I'm guessing for that two weeks and your recovery two weeks no working out at all.

Hello, I'm new and 32 years old. I just got my referral this week and completed the seminar but the local bariatric center said it would take their scheduler two weeks to call me to schedule a consultation, then another month before they can fit me in. This feels like a very slow process.

I have sleep apnea and am over 40 BMI. I met with a nutritionist last year and my doctor prescribed weight loss medication last month (made me sick, so I can't take it) so I feel that I do have a documented history with her if needed. I just hope I wont be denied by the surgeon since I had a baby 6 months ago. I think I'll be approved by my insurance but I'm worried that this bariatric center will drag it out. There's no other option in my insurance network, that I know of. In the meantime, I'm changing my earing habits slowly.

What is everyone's timeline like from the first call to where you are now?

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats on the baby!! When I signed up it took a couple weeks to go to the mandatory class, and after that a month before I could get an appointment with the dr. Call your insurance. They'll give you more information. I think in general it's a slow process. My Dr said they're high accredited office and that's why they get a lot of clients. Insurances will deny you if they aren't accredited for the surgery.

Hi. I'm 28 and fairly new as well. I've done my group consult with dietitian and nutritionist, had my first and second appointments with psych and gotten all my lab work done. Have my second appointment with nut on monday. Completed 2nd appt with dietitian this week, but screwed up and didn't fast because it was scheduled for afternoon instead of morning. Have to do this thing where they test your resting metobolic rate. So much still left to do, as my surgeon requires fitness classes and support groups. Insurance requires 6 consecutive dietitian appointments, and at least 3 nutritionist appointments. I'm trying to wait until mid June to do the support groups and classes as they're all in the evening, and during school I can't take a weekday evening off, with 3 kids my school night evenings are packed and I can't get away. Hopefully I can get all my requirements done by September, and I'd like to try and schedule for mid October or early November. My BMI is on the lower end, at 37.1, but I just learned I am pre diabetic, so hopefully that'll help with insurance coverage. Anyway... Good luck everyone.

Sent from my LGLS775 using BariatricPal mobile app