Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!



Recommended Posts

So, besides the lights being on, I'm doing well. I can drink my Water with no problems now. I'm having what feels like contractions. It's really weird, painful too. Comes in waves. If it keeps up, I'll be buzzing the nurse. Anyone else with "contractions"? Don't know what they'd be called....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, bvalarie said:

I had really bad nausea, especially during my leak test been home a few hours now and vomited 1 time tried Isopure and that was a no go so it's been Water got my zofran and pain meds in so hopefully I can get some broth down soon. Omg though the gas pain is horrible, I got burps hiccups and an occasional toot but nothing to write home about wish it was I'd probably feel better. And to top it off I stated my period morning of surgery yeah me! Can't get warm but I'm working on it. I'm determined to get well I'm moving around and walking the house a little to keep the momentum going. Keep at it all. Check in with y'all tomorrow rest up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using BariatricPal mobile app

I sure hope the gas pain eases up on you soon. Everyone says walking is the best way so that's what I have been doing. I hope today is a much better day for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Newme17 said:

So, besides the lights being on, I'm doing well. I can drink my Water with no problems now. I'm having what feels like contractions. It's really weird, painful too. Comes in waves. If it keeps up, I'll be buzzing the nurse. Anyone else with "contractions"? Don't know what they'd be called....

I have heard of stomach spasms maybe that is what you are having? I am ready to get this IV out. It is aggravating to me. I don't like the plain Water so I have been drinking the juice and broth. I hope I can drink enough to stay hydrated when the IV is out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Apple1 said:

I have heard of stomach spasms maybe that is what you are having? I am ready to get this IV out. It is aggravating to me. I don't like the plain Water so I have been drinking the juice and broth. I hope I can drink enough to stay hydrated when the IV is out.

Well if you've heard of it, then I'm sure it's quite normal. Just reminded me of when I went in to labor. Lol

i was kind of worried when my iv came out yesterday about not getting enough liquids in, but it seems to be easy enough. It's just making sure there's always something right next to you. Kind of like mindless eating but with liquids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprisingly, with the lights on, I got some sleep last night. Woke up uncomfortable in some areas, mainly my tailbone. But I've always had that problem. Woke up about a quarter till 6, brushed my teeth, used the restroom and started my day with a walk. Now I'm actually watching the morning news which never happens in my house.

I asked for another Abdominal binder (the first one was all gross with blood, etc from the incisions), seems to help with the insicion sights, putting pressure on them especially when I need to cough.

I'll be leaving the hospital today. I just live about 7 mins away so traveling won't be too bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Newme17 said:

So, besides the lights being on, I'm doing well. I can drink my Water with no problems now. I'm having what feels like contractions. It's really weird, painful too. Comes in waves. If it keeps up, I'll be buzzing the nurse. Anyone else with "contractions"? Don't know what they'd be called....

@Newme17 i thought it was just me but im experiencing the same things it comes from the part where the pulled out my stomach. I had these nagging headaches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

@Newme17 i thought it was just me but im experiencing the same things it comes from the part where the pulled out my stomach. I had these nagging headaches.

My surgeon came in and explained it to me. I noticed mine happen a lot after I drink Water. He says it's quite normal, especially with cold water. If I stick to room temp or warm/hot liquids, it won't spasm so much. So my liquid Breakfast was brought in, I had the hot broth. No contractions. I'm drinking the hot coffee, none there either. I think I'll be sticking to room temp and Hot Drinks until I heal a bit more. They're very uncomfortable. @Sweet as peaches, you home now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Newme17 said:

My surgeon came in and explained it to me. I noticed mine happen a lot after I drink Water. He says it's quite normal, especially with cold Water. If I stick to room temp or warm/hot liquids, it won't spasm so much. So my liquid Breakfast was brought in, I had the hot broth. No contractions. I'm drinking the hot coffee, none there either. I think I'll be sticking to room temp and hot drinks until I heal a bit more. They're very uncomfortable. @Sweet as peaches, you home now?

Im home will be out and about walking in the neighborhood with my daughter. They want me walking as much as possible. So I'm going to do that once my medicine gets here to stop that headache.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

Im home will be out and about walking in the neighborhood with my daughter. They want me walking as much as possible. So I'm going to do that once my medicine gets here to stop that headache.

Oh good. It should help, I hope. I just got home a few mins ago. I'm ready for a nap too. The calcium chews did not agree with my stomach, so I'll either chew up even better next time or wait another day. Sipping on hot Bone Broth and bought electrolyte Water at the advice of my nutritionist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@patty0715 here you go hon! Keep us posted with how you're doing. We can be here to encourage and share with one another. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[mention=317075]patty0715[/mention] here you go hon! Keep us posted with how you're doing. We can be here to encourage and share with one another. [emoji4]

Thanks! Been home and having a hard time getting liquids down just called the dr to get some nausea meds. How much liquid is everyone getting down. I'm at bout 2 ozs so far and attempted to drink more and it all came back up. [emoji17]


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Surprisingly, with the lights on, I got some sleep last night. Woke up uncomfortable in some areas, mainly my tailbone. But I've always had that problem. Woke up about a quarter till 6, brushed my teeth, used the restroom and started my day with a walk. Now I'm actually watching the morning news which never happens in my house.

I asked for another Abdominal binder (the first one was all gross with blood, etc from the incisions), seems to help with the insicion sights, putting pressure on them especially when I need to cough.

I'll be leaving the hospital today. I just live about 7 mins away so traveling won't be too bad.

I will be leaving the hospital soon and will be staying two days at the hotel. I can't wait to have a change of scenery. I am sipping something about every 5 minutes just small sips. I hope this will be enough. I feel like I could probably take larger sips but I don't want to push it. I hope you are home and comfortable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, patty0715 said:


Thanks! Been home and having a hard time getting liquids down just called the dr to get some nausea meds. How much liquid is everyone getting down. I'm at bout 2 ozs so far and attempted to drink more and it all came back up.

Sorry to hear you still have nausea. I felt that way the first day. I have been sipping liquid every 5 minutes since I got my IV out. I am not sure how much I have gotten down but probably 2-3 ounces over two hours. Maybe see if warm or hot liquids work better. I hope you feel much better soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's about how much I have been able to get down about 2-3 ounces over 2 hours so that's good to hear I'm not alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, patty0715 said:

That's about how much I have been able to get down about 2-3 ounces over 2 hours so that's good to hear I'm not alone.

I don't know how much I've been drinking. Plenty though. But I even forgot I had surgery for a split second when I took a gulp of Water. Went down fine, but went back to sipping. Definitely nothing ice cold. Sorry you're unable to keep it down. Keep trying though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×