Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

Cindi -- The consultation for the plastic surgery is on Friday, so I'll be sure to post after my appointment. I feel like I'm 8 years old and waiting from Christmas to come.

Cindi -- The consultation for the plastic surgery is on Friday, so I'll be sure to post after my appointment. I feel like I'm 8 years old and waiting from Christmas to come.

Enterprise01 - Were you at the meeting last Tuesday evening at Dr. Spivak's office? I was and am curious if you are seeing Dr. Long for your consult. I am really starting to think alot about scheduling my consultation. Please update us after you see the PS.

Thanks,

Enterprise01 - Were you at the meeting last Tuesday evening at Dr. Spivak's office? I was and am curious if you are seeing Dr. Long for your consult. I am really starting to think alot about scheduling my consultation. Please update us after you see the PS.

Thanks,

Yes, I was there last Tuesday! I was sitting in the front and wearing a white long sleeve top with brown pants. I asked Dr. Long the questions about nipple sensation following a breast lift and about scar revision. Where were you sitting?

My consultation is with Dr. Lior Heller, who also has given presentations at Dr. Spivak's office. Dr. Long seems more personable, but Wanda has used Dr. Heller so I've seen his work first hand.

Yes, I was there last Tuesday! I was sitting in the front and wearing a white long sleeve top with brown pants. I asked Dr. Long the questions about nipple sensation following a breast lift and about scar revision. Where were you sitting?

My consultation is with Dr. Lior Heller, who also has given presentations at Dr. Spivak's office. Dr. Long seems more personable, but Wanda has used Dr. Heller so I've seen his work first hand.

I was sitting in the front too . . . very near you! I was the one with the issue with the drains - ha! :nervous

I will be anxious to hear how your consult goes - I will probably meet with Dr. Heller too . . . Wanda looks amazing!

I was sitting in the front too . . . very near you! I was the one with the issue with the drains - ha! :nervous

I will be anxious to hear how your consult goes - I will probably meet with Dr. Heller too . . . Wanda looks amazing!

Oh, you're the drain-a-phobe! You were so funny! Are you going to attend the meeting tonight? I'll be there.

Oh, you're the drain-a-phobe! You were so funny! Are you going to attend the meeting tonight? I'll be there.

Ha - yep that's me!!!

No, I won't be there tonight - my daughter has volleyball. Let me know how the meeting goes . . . I'm sorry I'll miss it.

I am finally back!!! My internet was down for so long and I could only check from work!!!!

I did have one and it cost me only $2000 but only because I had other procedures done and it was included in the package. The scarring was not very pretty for a long time. I actually took about 2 1/2 years for them to not be red anymore.

But they are better than the major bat wings I had. Now I need to tone up some, but I am happy with my results.

I will take some pics and post them as soon as i can!

Audree

Hey Tulip -- Thanks. I can't believe I'm actually a 12 again. It's been a long, long time since I was that size. It almost doesn't seem real.

I'm going to Dr. Lior Heller at Baylor Medical Center. He's the plastic surgeon that came to speak at Dr. Spivak's support group a couple of times. I've heard he gives a discount to Spivak's patients. I'll let you guys know the cost after the consultation.

Has Audree been around lately? I know she had brachioplasty done some years ago. Audree, if you're out there, could you tell us what it cost you? And do you have some photos of the scars? That's what I'm most concerned about.

I found you!!!!

I am finally back!!!

I am down to 150, so down 40 pound!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I had been on a plateu for 6 months. I didn't want another fill since I am at 3 ccs already and get stuck and slime a lot. I am 5 pounds away from my goal!!!!

Audree

I used to think cheated because I got the big VG 10cc band. I thought I'd have to sell my right arm to pay for all the fills I would need to get restriction. And when I read you're getting ready for your 8th fill, I am reminded at how individual this all is. I've had four fills...they are usually more aggressive than your's of course and don't think I need another one. I have semi-regular PB's from eating too fast....I'm a SLOW learner!! If I'm mindful, I do pretty well and can actually eat quite a bit, but when I'm paying attention I can eat proper amounts as well.

Audree -- Thanks for the info. I'd love to hear about what else you've had done if you feel like sharing. My port scar is still quite red and raised and it's been 9 months, so I'm sure the arm scars will be with me for a while, too. But I agree, scars are better than bat wings.

And congratulations on the weight loss. Five pounds from goal is amazing!

Man, today while having lunch with my grandmother, I got stuck and started to slime. I was about to pb and had to excuse myself and spit out the food left in my mouth and slime!!!:faint:

I held it long enough to not pb, but it was extremely uncomfortable!!! I am so glad I didn't go for another fill!!!!

Enterprise: One thing that I know helped with my scaring was massage. My husband or myself, massaging Cocoa Butter or something else with good quality ingredients, massaging out the scar. It could be very painful at times, but the scar tissue needs to be broken down. We were more careful on the port site, but massage is very important for the scars.

TracyinKS: Good to see you too! I will take some pics this weekend and post some new ones!!!

Thanks guys for being such a great support!!!

Audree

It is so nice to see some messages here today. Welcome back Audrey and congrats on your 40 pounds lost. Getting within 5 pounds of goal is really great, and so encouraging to the rest of us.

I thought I had read that you had a Tummy Tuck a few years back. Then again I might have you mixed up with someone else. Did you have PS in the US or Mexico? Who was your surgeon? Would you recommend him?

Enterprise, please let us know how your consult appointment goes. I need to check with Dr. Heller, what is his phone number? How much does he charge for a consult?

Enterprise, please let us know how your consult appointment goes. I need to check with Dr. Heller, what is his phone number? How much does he charge for a consult?

His number is 713.798.6141 and he's in the O'Quinn Medical Tower (formerly St. Luke's Tower) in the Med Center. I think they told me he charges $150 for a consultation, and if possible, they bill it to your insurance. Usually if you have to pay the consultation fee out of pocket, it's applied to the cost of surgery. I'll have more details later today.

Audree - How soon after surgery did you start massaging the scars? I don't want to risk stretching the scar because it hasn't healed enough.

It is so nice to see some messages here today. Welcome back Audrey and congrats on your 40 pounds lost. Getting within 5 pounds of goal is really great, and so encouraging to the rest of us.

I thought I had read that you had a Tummy Tuck a few years back. Then again I might have you mixed up with someone else. Did you have PS in the US or Mexico? Who was your surgeon? Would you recommend him?

Thanks!!! I did have a tummy tuck also. I had my PS here in CA with a surgeon in San Bernardino. His name is Dr. Jesse Mithcell. His website is California Cosmetic Surgery with Dr. Jesse Mitchell - Cosmetic surgeon in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles & Orange County

He did great and I knew other people who had surgery with him also.

I do recommend him.