Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

I can't believe it, it seems to have gone by so quickly. I think I am at goal, but I am not sure lol. I have a significant amount of loose skin so I account for that weight. I am at 156 lbs. My goal was 150...hmmm. I want to drop one size to a 6 and then I'll be happy. I have a consultation with a plastic surgeon on Friday to discuss a Tummy Tuck. Big step...I think I am ready.

I took new pictures yesterday that I wanted to share. The first pictures were taken a year ago tonight. I wish you all well with the new year. Hopefully it keeps getting better for us. Happy New Year!

You look awesome!!!!! Congrats!

Hi All!

I am back! Kids back off to school, finally...

I am eager to go back to my workout routine. I was very sick for one week, and still recovering.

I also gained a few pounds over the Christmas thru New Years, but I normally gain 15!!

Also, due to some privacy issues I have been having with some nosy family, please refer to me only as my screen name.

It is sad that some family does not respect our right to privacy and feel the need to "dig".

How are you all doing?

Oh I understand, I've got some of those in my family!

Well ladies, my weight loss is going to have to take a backseat for awhile.....

I'M PREGNANT!!!! :whoo:

Not very far along yet, but it's hard to keep it in, ya know!? Looks like the metformin did the trick! I will be staying on that for awhile because my insulin levels keep going up. Yikes! Please pray for me that I do not end up with gestational diabetes!

Off to bed -- got to work tomorrow and I am totally wound up!

Maria

Maria, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is wonderful news! There is a special thread I noticed they just started for pregnancy and the Band. I think it is under the General Support heading!

Congratulations again, I'm so excited for you!

That is great Maria! Congratulations!

Cindi, you look beautiful and years younger!!

Baby, sorry about the family problems, I will be careful about my posts.

I am doing really well...FINALLY.

Maria, congrats, congrats! what an exciting year in store for you!!

Baby....family...argh! Sometimes we get more grief from them than we deserve. Hold yer head high...this is your business, your life! :P

Thanks all for the compliments on the pics.

Still waiting to drop these 3 last pounds to reach 100 mark...then 60 more. Been brutal at the gym working out, and the stress lately has helped keep me from over eating...but no scale movage yet. I'm at 9cc's in VG band (10cc's). Sigh. But I'm NOT giving up.

I've asked the last few times when I went in if this was it...60% or better gone, am I done? They assure me I am not done til I wanna be done. But all it seems like for the last few months is that I've mastered maintenence.

Ok, I've stopped drinking with meals. I desperately try to get Protein in first. No snacking. No sweets. 1.5 hours per day at gym. Resistance cardio and strength training (weights)...WHAT ELSE am I missing??? What can I do?!?

Ok, that sounded a little paniced. Sorry, I don't wait well!

Cindi - you are inspiring everyday!

I am proud to say so far this week, I have made it to the gym EVERYDAY! I am not doing near the amount I used to do before my knee surgery, and I am having some pain after my exercise session, but I am working as hard as I can with my limitations.

Eating is getting better, I still need to stay away from the sweets, and I am having cravings for them, but getting better. Trying to satisfy it with yogurt and or sf pudding with added Protein Powder in it. I know that once I get my fill put back in, I will do better.

I have my eye surgery next Thursday, my fill is next Friday, so I expect when I weigh in sometime in Feb. I should see a loss.

I am hoping I start losing again, all I've done lately is gain, its quite depressing. However, I am not near the weight I used to be, and I seem to hold steady to up 5 lbs, down 5 pounds. Its like I keep losing and gaining the same 5 lbs. Until I get my eating in control, and my fill back, and my exercise intensity up, I am okay with only 5 lbs.

Well, gotta get to work, busy day for me today.

Cindi -- Are you making sure you get enough Water in between meals? Being dehydrated can make your body hold onto some extra Fluid. When is the last time you changed up your exercise routine? Maybe throw in some interval training with your cardio or switch your resistance training exercises around. Sometimes we just need to keep our bodies guessing! Hope that helped a little. Sounds like you are doing fantastic anyway though :P

I feel like the master of maintenance too. I have not lost a thing since my last fill in October. I guess it doesn't matter now though! I go see my new band doc on Monday -- I think I will have him back me off just a hair.< /p>

I got stuck last night at dinner so felt pretty uncomfortable last night until early morning. liquids again. I'm glad I didn't get another fill last tuesday but I'm confused. Why am I, so restricted now, when my last fill was in august? I am wondering if it is because I've stopped drinking completely--alcohol that is. I have eaten this same dinner on a couple of occasions in the past month and have not had trouble. I'm not stressed and am feeling pretty on top of it with motivation, mood, exercize, WL etc.

Any thoughts? I

'm not complaining at all....I'd be happy if I could go without a fill for some time longer and am willing to cancel my fill again (scheduled in two weeks.) I just thought that because I could eat so much easily before January, I was in need of one. I wanted to do all I could to jumpstart my program again. I've already lost 3 pounds this week...

So, I'm also thinking that maybe because I didn't work so hard on losing weight since November that maybe my body relaxed as well and is now ready to give it up!! Oh, I hope, I hope!

I am proud to say so far this week, I have made it to the gym EVERYDAY! I am not doing near the amount I used to do before my knee surgery, and I am having some pain after my exercise session, but I am working as hard as I can with my limitations.

You Go! Proud of you! I've made it every day this week also, but will head to the lakehouse this weekend, so S&S 'breather' for me. Knees are so fickle. I hate it when you have the energy...and they don't. Stairs...ugh! The elliptical is my cardio of choice when the knees be complainin'.

Eating is getting better, I still need to stay away from the sweets, and I am having cravings for them, but getting better. Trying to satisfy it with yogurt and or sf pudding with added Protein powder in it. I know that once I get my fill put back in, I will do better.

I think you're doing great w/no fill! Unfortunately, I can eat any type of food, and usually do. There are some things that I just don't eat anymore, but that's a function of choice, not ability because of the band.

I have my eye surgery next Thursday, my fill is next Friday, so I expect when I weigh in sometime in Feb. I should see a loss.

Lasics? Did I miss an earlier post?

juno610Cindi -- Are you making sure you get enough Water in between meals?

That's a great point, and you're probably right! I DO need to up the intake, and just make it pure water (tea maybe) instead of coffee..

When is the last time you changed up your exercise routine? Maybe throw in some interval training with your cardio or switch your resistance training exercises around. Sometimes we just need to keep our bodies guessing!

My exercise routine is pretty much ok I think. Heavy cardio 3-5 times a week, with HIIT training (lunges, sprints, hills, speed, resistance on either treadmill, elliptical or recumbant), with circuit/strength training/weight lifting 2-3X per week. 1-1.5 hours per shot. I probably could use to do more core work, maybe some turbo jam, pilates or yoga. I may let them redo metabolic testing...it's been years. I guess it's varied, but could use to change it up more? Creature of habit, know what I like/what I'll do! LOL

Hope that helped a little. It did!Sounds like you are doing fantastic anyway though :eek: Thanks:)

Sula, are you eating smaller quantities? Are the choices 'denser'? If so, maybe your 'pouch' is shrinking back a little, and responding when you eat bigger quantities!

As far as the drinking, I've been told that wine can relax the band (and the drinker!) when tight...Enjoy the weight loss, and make the foods easy for the next couple of days, nothing that has possibility of sticking.

I went yesterday for a fill, but we decided to not do one, because of my stress. Had a small loss by their scales, none by mine. Weird, I usually hate their scales. I'll go back in a few weeks and re-assess.

I go in Tueday for a requested GERD test, the endoscope thingie. My doc encourages everyone to do this, to check the band at our 1 year mark. Anyone else doing this?? They gotta knock you out, slightly, and they don't unfill...use a pediatric scope.

Also, found out my insurance will cover fills now! (was self pay, 1st year all inclusive). Woohoo!

Cindi,

Hi I'm Debbie, I don't post often but do read posts daily! I saw you were self pay, (so am I) and noticed that you said your fills are now being paid by your ins carrier. Who is your ins carrier? I've not had to pay for any fills the 1st year, but now that I have gone past that first 12 mo period I'll have to start paying.

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

235h/161c/145g

I was a self-pay, too and also had to pay the majority of my emergency surgery after my band slipped in September but ironically, my insurance company pays for my fills. My insurance carrier is UHC. They are so wierd!!

debbie im on assurant health. sorry posting by cell. . . will answer fully when i get back home.

I have UBH also and they refused the fills. My policy doesn't cover obesity surgery. I went to Mexico for my surgery. I thought they might cover the fills, tho. Wrong!

Jens, any idea of why yours covers the fills? Maybe I will do a bit more arguing with them if I have some information.

-- my old scrubs fit again! And they are loose!

Maria

I CANNOT WAIT until I can fit into a "regular size" in my scrubs.

I am wearing a 3X now. I could use a 2X but I like breathing!

We run out of scrubs every once in a while and people say "just wear what they give you, extras"

WELL! They don't always HAVE 3X in the linen dept and when they dont they search around yelling "anyone have really big scrubs"?:smile:

I want to be able to throw on L or M's!!!!!!!