Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

I have been so scared to weigh myself since having to kind of start over with my fills. I am now up 11 pounds from my lowest after leaving the hospital Sept 8th. That is discouraging...okay actually I freaked out. I obviously need another (it will be my third since the emergency surgery) fill. I can eat anything and too much of it. I guess it doesn't make sense to punish myself for not being able to control myself - that is the whole reason we have to have this surgery. If it was just about control it would be a whole different ball game!!

The other thing I have had to come to terms with is a new puppy. My honey and I already had two adult dogs and then in a moment of INSANITY, my honey brought home a puppy. It has been very difficult. What I mean is, I was just learning how to make myself, my exercise, ME! a priority and when you have a puppy, they are the priority. I have been so depressed because I couldn't exercise or get my alone time or all my sleep. The puppy, Sasha, is now 4 1/2 months so I can finally do what I need to for me. I was very resentful for awhile and actually asked my honey if maybe it was an indirect way of sabotaging my success.

I will love having the puppy when it is warmer out and not snowy and icy because she will be able to exercise with me and I can take her everywhere with me and won't be scared to be by myself (long story.) The two dogs I had already aren't very fun to take anywhere and aren't very sociable.

So, my plan is:

1. Make an appointment for another fill immediately.

2. Eat more often, the right stuff, so I can't fit the wrong food choices in.

3. More Water.

4. More exercise - nothing really specific, just more.

5. Less treats. I was on soft food for so long after the 2nd surgery I really developed some bad habits.

I hope I can do this. I don't want to be the only one who gains their weight back with the band. I think I would die. I'm so afraid things are just too goofed up but I believe in you guys and you have rough times and have gained, then lost the weight so I must be okay.

I'll just keep reminding myself of that...I must be okay.

Happy New Year!

I went to bed early this year too. Conked out at 10:30. Two glasses of wine didn't help there!

My band is oh so tight today. It must be TOM about to hit.

Hey Jens...how about walking the dog for exercise? I have a bunch of dog and understand the stress and priority issue...I also have 6 horses and three cats now. During the summer, I would walk with my lab regularly...she really does motivate me. The exercise for the dog also calms them down. I would keep her in at night (instead of putting her in the kennels) (dog runs) and that would say to me..time to get up and go. I'm going to try to get up and go tomorrow morning, not outside, but down to the basement and the ellipital.

I hope this works!! It's been a long time since I've posted....issues with being able to get signed on and not being able to get a response back for help.

Anyway, I'm able to read what everyone has written and it killed me not to be able to jump into some of the conversations!

My surgery was January 18....I've lost 90 pounds, well, had lost 90 pounds until Christmas candy came along!! Will lose the 6 pounds I've gained over the last 2 months plus another 10 pounds by my bandiversary date! That was my original goal, 100 pounds in a year, just seems a lot now that I've eaten everything in sight for the last 6 weeks. I love my band and can't imagine being without it! Even if I don't reach the 100 pounds in the first year I've accomplished sooooo much. Movie theatre seats aren't scarey anymore, went to an amusement park and rode every ride I wanted too, am in a size 16 jean (started at 30/32!), have collar bones, and my kids and husband are proud of me! It's been a fantastic year and even though I wasn't able to talk to you guys on a regular basis, anytime I was down I could get on and "connect" with people going through the same stuff. For that I thank you all, good luck this coming year and if I can't sign back on then know that I'll be watching anyway!!

So, my plan is:

1. Make an appointment for another fill immediately.

2. Eat more often, the right stuff, so I can't fit the wrong food choices in.

3. More Water.

4. More exercise - nothing really specific, just more.

5. Less treats. I was on soft food for so long after the 2nd surgery I really developed some bad habits.

I hope I can do this. I don't want to be the only one who gains their weight back with the band. I think I would die. I'm so afraid things are just too goofed up but I believe in you guys and you have rough times and have gained, then lost the weight so I must be okay.

I'll just keep reminding myself of that...I must be okay.

Jen - you CAN do it, and YOU WILL do it!

I hope this works!! It's been a long time since I've posted....issues with being able to get signed on and not being able to get a response back for help.

Anyway, I'm able to read what everyone has written and it killed me not to be able to jump into some of the conversations!

My surgery was January 18....I've lost 90 pounds, well, had lost 90 pounds until Christmas candy came along!! Will lose the 6 pounds I've gained over the last 2 months plus another 10 pounds by my bandiversary date! That was my original goal, 100 pounds in a year, just seems a lot now that I've eaten everything in sight for the last 6 weeks. I love my band and can't imagine being without it! Even if I don't reach the 100 pounds in the first year I've accomplished sooooo much. Movie theatre seats aren't scarey anymore, went to an amusement park and rode every ride I wanted too, am in a size 16 jean (started at 30/32!), have collar bones, and my kids and husband are proud of me! It's been a fantastic year and even though I wasn't able to talk to you guys on a regular basis, anytime I was down I could get on and "connect" with people going through the same stuff. For that I thank you all, good luck this coming year and if I can't sign back on then know that I'll be watching anyway!!

Lisa - you've done so great this past year! I love the collar bones too! So glad you are able to talk to us again, we've missed you!

Lisa you are doing GREAT! Congratulations!

Thanks Sunshine - I did all my measurements last night for the fitness challenge, made a new little journal thing to keep track of my goals and progress.

I feel better today than I have in a long time...just from coming on here, reading the info I have at home, journaling, more positive self-talk, etc.

Sula, yes I will be able to walk with Sasha, it is too slick out right now and dark before and after work. I look forward to taking her on bike rides too. She is yellow lab/golden retriever mix and will be a great buddy for me. I take her to a park on the weekends and we walk, play, etc. It is great. She is a sweet girl. She has been through one 8-week obediance class and after she is spayed in February I will take her through another one. I want to finally have a dog that is good around all situations.

Have a great day everyone!

I didn't get up early as planned and work out. This might be harder than I thought...but I did go to Wal-Mart and got two exercise dvd's and some of those bands to work out with...so I'm getting there.

I am conflicted between my head telling me I need to get an hour of cardio..and the BFL thing that says 20 minutes. I understand that but my pea brain wants to fight. Or maybe I'm just making an excuse to not start!! Sheesh...my head sometimes. :)

I'm actually looking forward to the routine, to be truthful. I may be able to walk some in the next couple of days with my lab as it is supposed to be 50 degrees through the weekend, I think I heard. We live on the Rocky Mountain Front and let me tell you, we get wind...Chicago has nothing on us!! So, when it is warm, this time of year, we get the chinook winds to go with it...not my favorite condition to walk it, but you know, what...too bad...I need to buck up and get with it, right?

I am jounaling my eating starting today and minding my P's and q's...tracking my Water consumption. I did take one of my remaining four QS-30 pills...so that helped. I actually like the structure! I just gotta get the sugar out of my system!!

5jacks....WELCOME back...so great to hear from you.

I can't believe it, it seems to have gone by so quickly. I think I am at goal, but I am not sure lol. I have a significant amount of loose skin so I account for that weight. I am at 156 lbs. My goal was 150...hmmm. I want to drop one size to a 6 and then I'll be happy. I have a consultation with a plastic surgeon on Friday to discuss a Tummy Tuck. Big step...I think I am ready.

I took new pictures yesterday that I wanted to share. The first pictures were taken a year ago tonight. I wish you all well with the new year. Hopefully it keeps getting better for us. Happy New Year!

post-211506-13813136175947_thumb.jpg

post-211506-13813136176089_thumb.jpg

post-211506-138131361764_thumb.jpg

post-211506-13813136176546_thumb.jpg

I can't believe it, it seems to have gone by so quickly. I think I am at goal, but I am not sure lol. I have a significant amount of loose skin so I account for that weight. I am at 156 lbs. My goal was 150...hmmm. I want to drop one size to a 6 and then I'll be happy. I have a consultation with a plastic surgeon on Friday to discuss a Tummy Tuck. Big step...I think I am ready.

I took new pictures yesterday that I wanted to share. The first pictures were taken a year ago tonight. I wish you all well with the new year. Hopefully it keeps getting better for us. Happy New Year!

Wow! You look fantastic (and a lot younger, too!). Let us know how it goes with the plastic surgeon. If you have a tummy tuck, you should start your own thread so we can follow your progress. I had an arm lift about 5 weeks ago and have a thread about it. I was inspired by JulieNYC and TheGh0st, who both had threads about their plastic surgery.

angyl2314....you look great!! Congratulations on losing it all in one year! My surgery was January 18 and was hoping to lose 100 pounds but not looking like I'm going to make it. Still happy with the way things are going though. I can't get over how good you look, are you sure you need a TT? It looks really natural and good in the photos, but if you're like me things just aren't fitting right because of the extra skin. My problem so far is the arms and yours look great!

5jacks - Welcome back! And big congratulations on what you've accomplished! 90lbs is truly awesome :)

angyl - Wow! You look so great and I love the big smile in your after pics!

January Friends,

Please say a prayer for my son today, if you have a second! He goes into surgery this afternoon for an accidental gun shot wound to his left hand. It happened January 1st, happy new year....Long, gruesome story.

I wanted to post earlier, but knew guns were a touchy/controversial subject for some. But this was an unknown - faulty misfire, no body's fault, no foul play.

And now we just need prayers and support.

We hope he will have use of his hand - may require additional surgeries. He is going to have a bone graft from his arm and a metal plate put in. Nerve, tendion and muscle reconstruction will also take place. Justin is my oldest twin, 21, my only son. He is an avid guitar player, and not playing again is his worst fear. He's a licenced funeral director and embalmer, and really needs great control of both hands in our line of work.

Can you say nerve wracking? BTW, stress does affect the band.

Thanking y'all in advance.

Cindi, my deepest prayers are with your son and your family for a full recovery. What a tragedy.

Angyl, holy cow...you look wonderful and I agree, younger, happier, etc. What a terrific job you have done. You should be so proud of yourself and of your hard work. Way to Go.