Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

14 Weeks Post Op - Multiple Stalls

I'm feeling exactly the same way.

It's so hard! I'm sad and frustrated. I read countless stories of people my size losing double in this amount of time. I just don't know what I could be doing differently.....

It's so hard! I'm sad and frustrated. I read countless stories of people my size losing double in this amount of time. I just don't know what I could be doing differently.....

Exactly! I'm just hoping that it will kick into gear here soon. I mean what choice do we have it to keep ding what we're doing. Which is whole point of doing something ass drastic as surgery. So we can't bale when we get discouraged. I'm going to try adding more calories, Water, and Protein and see if that helps. Although I feel my protein and water has been going considering what I'm limited to.

6 hours ago, leighabelle said:

How did you go about increasing your calories? My dietitian meal plan says to eat three meals a day and should have minimal snacking but I'm only 6 weeks out and there's no way I can consume enough food/calories in one meal. I'm thinking I might have to have Snacks anyway just to get more calories and Protein in.

I added in an afternoon coffee break with coworkers / friends. :) My typical order is an iced latte with whole fat milk, or almond milk. The extra calories helped.

My stomach was a bit temperamental for the first couple of months post-op, and I reverted to liquids and soft foods at the time when most would advance, to give it a bit more time to adjust. The downside of this was not consuming enough calories, which made the "week three stall" last much longer. I switched from 2% / low fat dairy to full fat milk and yogurt. Fair Life was my favorite milk, and I most often used the Trader Joe's brand of plain Greek yogurt. I had a lot of smoothies with their full fat yogurt that had 22 grams of Protein and 7 carbs, berries (lower in carbs) and frozen kale (the taste and color were disguised by the berries). When I made chocolate Protein Shakes I added in freshly ground almond butter or Peanut Butter from Whole Foods rather than PB2 to get in more calories and fat. Liquids have always been easier for me to take in than solids. I have to be careful with them because I can overdo it, but during that time they were beneficial.

To all of you who are discouraged by your slow weight losses, I hear you. I am 8 weeks out and have experienced the same emotions. I wasn't losing, I was following the program and thinking I was doing something wrong. I questioned the whole thing- why this drastic surgery? And agreed that it was too late to turn back so I had to stay the course. Then, I started to lose and at my 6 week check up, my NP was pleased with my loss, telling me that the expectation is 2 pounds/week and I was 2 ahead of schedule! She said that a lot of people, when reporting their wt losses, include the pre-op losses and some of those are big. Especially if you were very heavy pre-op. Some programs require more loss than others. So, 2 pounds a week and don't stress about it. Just live the program and things will change. I also thought I was hungry all the time due to the way my stomach felt. I learned on this forum that I was not alone in this and switched from Prilosec to Zantac every morning. All the growling and pangs disappeared right away. Best advice ever. Now, my stomach just lets me know when it is empty-at the appropriate times.

Thank you everyone for being there through the stall. I am finally out of it and after two weeks of no weight loss I lost 5 pounds in 3 days!!! It really is true, I can finally breath and hopefully be prepared for the next one that comes along.

Thank you. I am having a really really hard time with this. I will be 4 weeks post op in two days. I have not lost a pound in two weeks!? How is that possible? I don't understand it. I get that there would be stalls but not like this and not so soon. I am so discouraged. I feel like I am doing something wrong.

Same thing is happening to me right now!! I'm exactly one month post op and in the last two weeks I've only lost one pound [emoji15] My weight stopped dropping right after I started my mushy food diet. I'm only eating 2oz 3x a day as per my dietitian. Hang in there! We're in this together [emoji4]

Same thing is happening to me right now!! I'm exactly one month post op and in the last two weeks I've only lost one pound [emoji15] My weight stopped dropping right after I started my mushy food diet. I'm only eating 2oz 3x a day as per my dietitian. Hang in there! We're in this together [emoji4]

The second I started my soft food diet I lost 5 pounds in 3 days. Can't wait to see what the next few weeks hold. I joined a gym today [emoji4]

I'm 18 weeks out and have lost nothing for 2 weeks, it is a little scary but hopefully things will change soon. At the moment my Hair loss is causing me concern, I have fine hair anyway but the crown of my hair has gone down by 60/70 % and it's knocking my confidence so much

I'm 18 weeks out and have lost nothing for 2 weeks, it is a little scary but hopefully things will change soon. At the moment my Hair loss is causing me concern, I have fine hair anyway but the crown of my hair has gone down by 60/70 % and it's knocking my confidence so much

My pattern for losing is that I lose about 4-5 lbs in one week, and then I go 2 weeks or longer without losing. I started losing hair around week 14, but now at week 16, hat has slowed down, and I think I am past the hair loss phase now...hopefully! [emoji3]

Every time I hit a stall I increase my calories. Also when I hit a stall i notice that my clothes fit me looser and such. Im 14 weeks post op VSG and Ive lost a total of 90#'s. I feel like a new man, better husband,better father. This is a new lease on life and im going to make the most out of it. You look great by the way!!

Thank you. I am having a really really hard time with this. I will be 4 weeks post op in two days. I have not lost a pound in two weeks!? How is that possible? I don't understand it. I get that there would be stalls but not like this and not so soon. I am so discouraged. I feel like I am doing something wrong.

Hello- I am about four weeks post op and am in a major stall. I have been going between the same two pounds and it sucks. I hope I am doing everything right but it does not feel like it because I would be loosing. I started the gym this week too so was hoping for better results. Any advice?

I am 8 weeks post op and now am one week into my second stall. My first stall was at 3 weeks post op and lasted for 2 weeks. I’m trying not to get frustrated but I have to admit that it’s getting to me a little. Thanks for the post. Nice to know that I’m not alone on this crazy new healthy life journey!!

FindingCarrie you look fantastic! Thanks for the advice. I will keep it in mind should I hit the dreaded stall. It’s been 8 weeks since my surgery and so far I’ve lost 51 lbs without any stalls. It feels great.