Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

With June here before we know it. What are you doing to get ready? And how are you dealing with the thought that your life is completely going to change?

Starting to feeling nerves and was wondering how everyone else was feeling.

Happy Friday!

With June here before we know it. What are you doing to get ready? And how are you dealing with the thought that your life is completely going to change?
Starting to feeling nerves and was wondering how everyone else was feeling.
Happy Friday!

Hi I'm super nervous I'm happy finally I'm doing something to live I'm ready to change my date June 5

coming off caffeine, starting to take Vitamins to get in the habit, being more mindful of chewing more before i swallow, found Protein drink i like.

What is the name of the protein drink. I am in the researching phase right now. Hoping for a June or July date....jjst waiting.

I finally weaned myself off of the caffeine (let me tell you that was not an easy task). Next I'm going to try and get in the habit of not drinking fluids with my meals. Any other tips for me to prepare?

I finally weaned myself off of the caffeine (let me tell you that was not an easy task). Next I'm going to try and get in the habit of not drinking fluids with my meals. Any other tips for me to prepare?

good job. i got myself off caffeine too. now working on the caffeine free diet coke. i started working on Vitamins but they are so constipating. trying to figure out the right combination of stool softeners etc.

I didn't even think of starting the Vitamins now. I was looking at the patches; the pills have always caused nausea. Best of luck with weaning off the diet cokes. I started with soda and then moved on to the caffeine, since those to me were my two big vices.

Edited by rlsanch2005

My date is June 7th. I am so nervous. I'm not sure how I'm going to feel. I'm not sure how I feel right now. This has been my life for so long. Who will I be after June 7th?

I just got my insurance approval and my date last Friday.

Oh my...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm off the carbonated drinks and have started taking womens gummy vitamins.
Next I want to work on no drinking during meals. I'm not looking forward to the coffee part though.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using BariatricPal mobile app

I am drinking fusion mixed with skim milk. Pretty good! Diet coke was my crack, quit cold turkey.

my surgery date is Thursday, 6/1.

the pre-op diet hasn't gotten easier (on day 4), but i know post-op will be. i am experiencing headaches, my dietitian thinks it's from the lack of caffeine (unfortunately i am prone to daily headaches & migraines). the NP said no coffee. period. however, this morning i spoke to my dietitian and she said a cup of black coffee is totally ok. though i doubt i will have any today or tomorrow.

i take my Vitamins daily. still need to p/u my calcium citrate (very important!) today my goal is to make sure i get enough Protein and to pack my overnight bag. i am very anxious but i know that when i wake up after surgery that i will be headed towards a new and improved life!

7 hours ago, ouisch said:

my surgery date is Thursday, 6/1.

the pre-op diet hasn't gotten easier (on day 4), but i know post-op will be. i am experiencing headaches, my dietitian thinks it's from the lack of caffeine (unfortunately i am prone to daily headaches & migraines). the NP said no coffee. period. however, this morning i spoke to my dietitian and she said a cup of black coffee is totally ok. though i doubt i will have any today or tomorrow.

i take my Vitamins daily. still need to p/u my calcium citrate (very important!) today my goal is to make sure i get enough Protein and to pack my overnight bag. i am very anxious but i know that when i wake up after surgery that i will be headed towards a new and improved life!

I had to do half caffeine and half regular coffee to taper myself off. The headaches were almost unbearable. It took about a week. I haven't had caffeine for 3 weeks and haven't struggled with headaches in about 2 weeks. Good luck.

My date is June 6. I am doing ok on the liquid diet. Had a really hard to kick headache yesterday but I feel better today. I bought a wide variety of Protein Drinks so I would be sure to have some on hand that I like. So far I like them all.
Looking forward to getting the surgery over with and getting on with my new life!