Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 weeks post TT/LBL

Yesterday was 6 weeks post TT/LBL, which meant I no longer have to wear my compression garment. I didn't wear it to work (which turned into an 11 hour day), and within an hour I just started feeling weird… not bad, just weird. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it kind of felt like my skin wanted to come apart at the seams! When I finally got home, I immediately (right after I checked to make sure that I hadn't actually split in half… incision looks fine!) put my compression garment back on & felt much better!

I'm totally ok wearing this for as long as I need to, but I'm wondering how long it was before other folks felt ok without.

Personally I wore my compression garments and also kept the Micropore tape on - For 12 weeks (In my last 3 ops) and when I did this - The scars were much better than when I did not.... It supported the scars - Made me feel better - And as I said the scars when I did this are much finer and flatter and almost invisible - Unlike the ones before doing this that stretched a bit and do not look so nice....

It was my Armour to protect me against the world - LOL

Edited by Scamp

I had surgery on January 9th and still wear my compression garments during the day, just leave them off overnight when I am in bed.

Kate

Thanks for the scoop & glad it's not just me! My thigh lift is scheduled for 5/16… so it sounds like I'll be in compression for 6 months by the time it's all over (& I'm ok with that)! About the tape, how often did you change it?

I ended up being mainly in different compression garments (with gaps in between) for like forever - LOL

I had one op in April and then one that Sept - Where I did not stay in compression as long as I did not know of the tips then but for the next three ops - I stayed in for 12 weeks... Then an op the next March - When I stayed in compression for 12 weeks and then that July and then the next Jan...... LOL

So I have spent like 48 weeks or so in compression garments.... And all these years on - For reasons unknown - I still have the garments put away in a suitcase- I took em out a hwile ago - Washed them, dried them on the line - And then put them back in the suitcase again - LOL

Oh - The thigh lift (Inner thigh) Was the most challenging of the ops - The moment I got in to compression I felt soooo much better - So get in to your garments as soon as poss after that one.....

The tape on inner thighs were changed daily - Its a not so clean area up top - Luckily the hospital gave me a couple of rolls of tape - And my daughter helped me to stick it on - It was hard to get it to stay put in that area - The compression garments helped to keep it in place.....

Was this tape = http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/391244884075?chn=ps&adgroupid=39613511478&rlsatarget=pla-279121866201&abcId=923836&adtype=pla&merchantid=7272444&poi=&googleloc=9047014&device=c&campaignid=737386489&crdt=0

img_9170.jpg

Edited by Scamp