Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 hours ago, uclucky said:

Hello,

My sleeve date was 4/3 also! So far so good! I am looking forward to being a part of this group.

Thanks

Hi Uclucky, how have you done? Are you losing weight?

Hey guys, Happy 2 weeks anniversary

Hope everyone is doing well 2 weeks in. I still kind of have to pinch myself that just 2 weeks ago right about now I was just coming around from surgery in quite some pain, 2 weeks later the incisions are well on their way to heeling, the pain is all but gone (slight something if I bend down to the left probably the internal stitches) I can now eat a whole egg in one sitting (woohoo) and I am 15lbs down.

My weight loss seems to be slower than most of you but I keep telling myself that's still nearly a lb a day which is way more than I could do. I am definitely loosing inches as none of my clothes fit anymore and I could actually fit into a regular XL at the shops down from 3X.

Its definitely true everything gets easier each day. Taking in liquids is a breeze now I just drank 10 oz in 15 mins. food is still a struggle but is getting better. I can each one egg or a pouch of tuna slowly in one sitting but that really is completely at my limit but its up from 1/2 an egg so progress all the time.

One thing I need to figure out is stamina I just have nothing in the tank when I try to exercise. I am full of energy but like this morning I got on my stationary training and thought I would do 30 mins whilst listening to conference call but there was nothing in my legs no power at all and I quit after 15 mins.

How is everyone else doing 2 weeks out ?

21 minutes ago, bs19gal said:

Hope everyone is doing well 2 weeks in. I still kind of have to pinch myself that just 2 weeks ago right about now I was just coming around from surgery in quite some pain, 2 weeks later the incisions are well on their way to heeling, the pain is all but gone (slight something if I bend down to the left probably the internal stitches) I can now eat a whole egg in one sitting (woohoo) and I am 15lbs down.

My weight loss seems to be slower than most of you but I keep telling myself that's still nearly a lb a day which is way more than I could do. I am definitely loosing inches as none of my clothes fit anymore and I could actually fit into a regular XL at the shops down from 3X.

Its definitely true everything gets easier each day. Taking in liquids is a breeze now I just drank 10 oz in 15 mins. food is still a struggle but is getting better. I can each one egg or a pouch of tuna slowly in one sitting but that really is completely at my limit but its up from 1/2 an egg so progress all the time.

One thing I need to figure out is stamina I just have nothing in the tank when I try to exercise. I am full of energy but like this morning I got on my stationary training and thought I would do 30 mins whilst listening to conference call but there was nothing in my legs no power at all and I quit after 15 mins.

I'm going to my two week follow up today. I'm down 19lbs but suffering from tremendous pain at one of my incisions. Hurts to move much. Already had a Cat Scan to rule out hernia. I need to get back to work but not sure how I will be able to sit in my office. food wise going ok. Had egg salad yesterday that was good but stomach was not fully ready for it. Tuna fish was easier to process. But everyday is still the best day of my life. I feel like this is the start of a new life. We have all been reborn.

I have yet to reach my Water or Protein goals, but each day gets better. My tastes have changed so much. I loved cottage cheese, but now it just tastes like rotten milk. I really like my chocolate Premier Protein shakes, but they make me incredibly nauseous after drinking just a few ounces. I can't figure out why. Even tried hot, cold, or warm temps.

The weird sensations from my sleeve have disappeared, thank goodness. No more internal movement or poking. My incisions seem more painful because my activity has increased. Oddly, I think most of my pain is from an irritated nerve just at the skin surface; the burning feeling skin is right around my biggest incision and includes a completely numb area. It's not red or infected. Weird!

I can now drink at a more normal rate instead of mini sips. Ice Water seems to help me drink more. I even add ice to my skim milk.

I am down 11 pounds since surgery. I'm still in the same size zone. Hopefully next week at my follow up the numbers will get better. It's surprising how the body holds on to weight.

Cheers to our two weeks out!

I'm in the same boat you are-- down 14lbs since surgery. At first I was upset I wasn't losing like everyone else then remembered everyone is different & that's still a huge accomplishment! Tried soft foods today-- had almost 1oz of ground turkey & a little veg & found myself stuffed & uncomfortable. Still working on slowing down my eating, that's the hardest part for me.
Pain gets a little better everyday--but yesterday I fell HARD at church & really set myself back. Feel like I rattled my insides!
Congrats on all the accomplishments-- keep going!

Happy Anniversary everyone!!! I have a strange urge to play Barry Manilowe's "Looks like we made it" , LOL!!

All the pain is gone except by my liver when I try to bend all the way down.

I am down 25 pounds. But, the loss is starting to slow :(

i can drink freely. I will not touch shakes, they are nasty. I am drinking Oikos Triple something... it's a tiny little yogurt drink with 100 calories and 10 G Protein.

I am no where near ready for actual food.

i have discovered the joy of sugar free popsicle brand fudge pops. Omg good!!!

I just had my two week follow up. Not great news! Because I am still having bad pain at the incision where they removed the stomach I cannot get cleared to return to work. I really want to go back since I love what I do. I work for Harley Davidson and this is the busy season. Otherwise I am thrilled with the results. I have no doubt the best is yet to come. We are part of an elite group of very special courageous people. We will all have a bond that cannot be broke. I am proud to be part of it.

14 minutes ago, Blueberry said:

I just had my two week follow up. Not great news! Because I am still having bad pain at the incision where they removed the stomach I cannot get cleared to return to work. I really want to go back since I love what I do. I work for Harley Davidson and this is the busy season. Otherwise I am thrilled with the results. I have no doubt the best is yet to come. We are part of an elite group of very special courageous people. We will all have a bond that cannot be broke. I am proud to be part of it.

Oh that stinks! I am so sorry

Well I guess the honeymoon is over and I seem to be in a stall. Been level for a few days now and even went up in weight this morning. Not freaking out about it we all know its going to happen, would have liked a bit longer on the loosing trend though :-)

Anyway there is no way in this world that you wont loose weight consuming 350 cals a day so my body is just taking a moment to adjust to the new norm and then I am sure it will be on its merry loosing way again.

working up to 3 small meals a day which I can nearly manage but is there enough hours in the day !!! with the no liquids before or after rule there's a couple of hours out of fluids in take each meal I had to stay up an extra hour last night to pound liquids just to make the daily goal

Anyway stall or not I am sticking to the game plan and stepping up my gym a bit to try and build some muscle and stamina.

Happy day 16 everyone.

31 minutes ago, bs19gal said:

Well I guess the honeymoon is over and I seem to be in a stall. Been level for a few days now and even went up in weight this morning. Not freaking out about it we all know its going to happen, would have liked a bit longer on the loosing trend though :-)

Anyway there is no way in this world that you wont loose weight consuming 350 cals a day so my body is just taking a moment to adjust to the new norm and then I am sure it will be on its merry loosing way again.

working up to 3 small meals a day which I can nearly manage but is there enough hours in the day !!! with the no liquids before or after rule there's a couple of hours out of fluids in take each meal I had to stay up an extra hour last night to pound liquids just to make the daily goal

Anyway stall or not I am sticking to the game plan and stepping up my gym a bit to try and build some muscle and stamina.

Happy day 16 everyone.

Well, I too am officially in a stall. I am so sad.

8 minutes ago, Boudicca17 said:

Well, I too am officially in a stall. I am so sad.

Remember that if you are exercising that you're building muscle which weighs more than fat. Hang in there. It will come off.

Don't be sad take it as you are exactly on the right path, if you search for stall 2 weeks post gastric sleeve you will see hundreds or comments on the topic and see how normal and correct it is for this to happen.

This is a great article someone posted

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html

Helps understand why your body needs a time out every now and again

Keep at it, everything will be wonderful. Also keep an eye on the inches small on your face.

Does anyone have any suggestions for spouses that are also overweight but not enough for surgery and are having a tough time with you losing weight so fast? My wife is feeling bad that she isn't.

Hello! I was also sleeved the 3rd. Very similar story to Blueberry - extreme pain at major incision. Struggled with Water and Protein until week 2. Now still only doing about 50-51 ounces of water. One 30 gram of Protein Shake a day, the other 30 grams of protein are coming from food. Feeling much better, but have basically been on a stall for literally three weeks. First week I lost 18 pounds. Week 2 I lost two pounds, and week 3 I lost another two.

My biggest problems are drinking enough as I resume life as normal. I had an appointment yesterday that took 2 hours, and I didn't drink anything and had to stay up late to get in my fluids.

Also, Constipation. I didn't think too much about it, but then I had MASSIVE constipation the other day. I'll spare you the gross details, but it has me wondering exactly what is causing this. I'm not dehydrated, based on the color of my urine. I feel like I'm more hydrated than I've ever been in my life.

So my Dr said the pain is due to the internal stitches hit a nerve. I also have had Constipation. The pain pills were causing it the first couple weeks. Although I still have pain when I bend to far or lay on my sides it is seeming to get better little by little.