Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unsure if it's acid reflux or something else. I traveled and my band tightened. I came home and it got better. I caught a cold and I haven't eaten as my throat was too sore. Since 3am I have been vomiting a brown liquid. If I lay down its worse, it comes up and I can taste blood. I've never had this happen. No Dr. available I would have to go to the ER.

Tara

Update...
Ended up in the ER, ran test and had to have all Fluid removed. Band and port are in great place I just need my stomach to heal.

Tara

Thank goodness. I'm trying to keep my band as long as possible... I'm a bit over 10 years... good days and weeks. And some rejection times..
The weight has stayed off though. Thankfully
Please update. And did the er know what to do??

No the ER was not knowledgeable of the band luckily they have a bariatric surgeon who was called in. He advised me the band is becoming less and less. But he has a few patients still and is going to take care of me. My doctors at True Results are no longer as they closed down and my doctor I had well I found she was not knowledgeable and that is why I ended up in the ER. My band has had all Fluid removed until July to let my stomach heal and it is a struggle everyday but I am pleased I am healing and alive to have a struggle. Thankful every day.

Tara

How goes it with the band emptied?

My take was it was difficult to stay on a banded program of eating. The cravings seem to still be there if I ate just a bit too much. My body wanted more ...

How goes it with the band emptied?
My take was it was difficult to stay on a banded program of eating. The cravings seem to still be there if I ate just a bit too much. My body wanted more ...

It has not been easy. I do my best to stay with 2 Protein Shakes and then a sensible dinner. So far I have not gain. July cannot get here soon enough haha!

Tara

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!