Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys! I'm going through the Fremont kaiser as well. I'm a little farther in the process as my psych eval is tomorrow. Let me know if you have any question. They also want you to go to one support group meeting. The Fremont Support Group is actually meeting tomorrow from 6-8pm if you guys are interested.

All of the surgeons have very good reputations at fremont. I personally have Dr Dutta and I feel so comfortable with him. You can pick your surgeon but I just went with the first available appointment and got Dr Dutta.

It has already been said but I can't stress it enough. START NOW! They take your highest recorded weight within the last year so if you start losing now you can speed up the process.

Also 10% is not for everyone. Just depends on what your surgeon decides. If you are on the border of the 40% bmi they usually only ask you to lose 5%.

I don't want to discourage you guys on timing but right now psych evals are completely booked in April and going into May. Realistically, if you lose the weight quickly you might get a July-ish surgery. They are down a psychologist so things are a little backed up.

I only tell you guys that because I had an expectation that things would move very quickly. I hit my goal weight in February so I expected a March surgery. Now I'm looking at early May.

Also 10% is not for everyone. Just depends on what your surgeon decides. If you are on the border of the 40% bmi they usually only ask you to lose 5%.

I don't want to discourage you guys on timing but right now psych evals are completely booked in April and going into May. Realistically, if you lose the weight quickly you might get a July-ish surgery. They are down a psychologist so things are a little backed up.

I only tell you guys that because I had an expectation that things would move very quickly. I hit my goal weight in February so I expected a March surgery. Now I'm looking at early May.

Thanks for the update for Fremont!
Yes Sounds like they are backed up since you've had to wait since February .
That's really not to bad tho .
I've started trying w my pre-op weights cos yes that's what I was told is exactly the way you explained it .. my primary told me let's get your weight documented before you get to bariatrics .
I have heard that all the team of Doc there are really good .. yes I was thinking of going w Dutta or Hann but I'd take first available when the time comes who knows when that will be.
BTW ... Where exactly is the support group at Fremont tomorrow?

You will actually choose your surgeon after orientation. You have to choose your surgeon and have an appointment with them to get your weight loss goal.

Yeah it hasn't been a terrible wait but it's frustrating when you expect a certain time frame and it gets delayed. I wish they would have told me they were behind so I could have been ready for the delay.

Friday night group is tomorrow 6-8p.m. 39400 Paseo Padre Pkwy Fremont, CA. Niles building, 2nd floor.

Kaiser Colorado here looking at May for sugery hopefully. Looks like CA is much more stringent than CO. We have 6 week classes and dont have to kose any weight, just not gain any.

Thanks for the heads up about the wait. I had gained weight since I was last seen at Kaiser (which was a while ago) so I wanted to get documented before I started loosing. I'm starting an eating and exercise plan tomorrow and will get a jumpstart on my loss before my surgeon meeting. Even with the wait, I hope I can get a surgery date this summer!

Can I ask your method for loosing your goal weight? Were you following the pre-op 1200 calorie plan? I'm concerned about the carbs in the plan. I know I will loose faster if I cut them out but the dietitian said to eat the carbs to plan for long term success. Any tips??

Hey guys! I'm going through the Fremont kaiser as well. I'm a little farther in the process as my psych eval is tomorrow. Let me know if you have any question. They also want you to go to one support group meeting. The Fremont Support Group is actually meeting tomorrow from 6-8pm if you guys are interested.

All of the surgeons have very good reputations at fremont. I personally have Dr Dutta and I feel so comfortable with him. You can pick your surgeon but I just went with the first available appointment and got Dr Dutta.

It has already been said but I can't stress it enough. START NOW! They take your highest recorded weight within the last year so if you start losing now you can speed up the process.

Btw, good luck with your psych eval tomorrow. I'm sure everything will go great! You are almost there! How are you feeling? Excited? Nervous? Keep us posted.

Thanks for the heads up about the wait. I had gained weight since I was last seen at Kaiser (which was a while ago) so I wanted to get documented before I started loosing. I'm starting an eating and exercise plan tomorrow and will get a jumpstart on my loss before my surgeon meeting. Even with the wait, I hope I can get a surgery date this summer!

Can I ask your method for loosing your goal weight? Were you following the pre-op 1200 calorie plan? I'm concerned about the carbs in the plan. I know I will loose faster if I cut them out but the dietitian said to eat the carbs to plan for long term success. Any tips??

If you lose the weight relatively quickly, this summer is very possible. The waiting is also dependent on if they hire a new psychologist soon or not. They have been shorthanded for a while so I would hope that they are getting close to finding someone new. Other kaisers were helping out by doing some of the psych evals for fremont but last I heard, they pulled back and said they couldn't help anymore.

I didn't start losing weight until a week AFTER I met with my surgeon(I met him the day before Christmas eve so enjoyed my holidays before getting serious). I lost 40lbs in my first 7 weeks. Once 1/1/17 hit, I went straight down to 1200cals. I have not had a soda, carbonated beverage, caffine, alcohol, fast food etc since. I added in a lot of the staples that they say are helpful post surgery, Greek yogurt, string cheese, eggs, etc and made sure i got my Protein in from a lot of different sources. You could probably cut carbs and lose quicker but I didn't. I went high protein, low carb. I tracked my protein intake but not my carb intake, just kinda avoided excess carbs. I still have a piece of toast every morning but I don't usually have a carb with dinner.< br>
2 thing to remember. 1, the most important part pre op is to build the right habits. A lot of people who do extreme dieting to lose weight preop quickly, really struggle with post op. You are dropping to 1200 cals, you will lose weight quickly regardless if you cut out all the carbs or not. 2, you have to maintain and continue to lose weight throughout the whole process. Especially because they are backed up, you can't gain weight after you hit goal. If they don't see you under your goal weight and continuing your weight loss progress, they won't approve the surgery. So however you decide to lose weight, it has to be sustainable.

If you lose the weight relatively quickly, this summer is very possible. The waiting is also dependent on if they hire a new psychologist soon or not. They have been shorthanded for a while so I would hope that they are getting close to finding someone new. Other kaisers were helping out by doing some of the psych evals for fremont but last I heard, they pulled back and said they couldn't help anymore.

I didn't start losing weight until a week AFTER I met with my surgeon(I met him the day before Christmas eve so enjoyed my holidays before getting serious). I lost 40lbs in my first 7 weeks. Once 1/1/17 hit, I went straight down to 1200cals. I have not had a soda, carbonated beverage, caffine, alcohol, fast food etc since. I added in a lot of the staples that they say are helpful post surgery, Greek yogurt, string cheese, eggs, etc and made sure i got my Protein in from a lot of different sources. You could probably cut carbs and lose quicker but I didn't. I went high protein, low carb. I tracked my protein intake but not my carb intake, just kinda avoided excess carbs. I still have a piece of toast every morning but I don't usually have a carb with dinner.< br>
2 thing to remember. 1, the most important part pre op is to build the right habits. A lot of people who do extreme dieting to lose weight preop quickly, really struggle with post op. You are dropping to 1200 cals, you will lose weight quickly regardless if you cut out all the carbs or not. 2, you have to maintain and continue to lose weight throughout the whole process. Especially because they are backed up, you can't gain weight after you hit goal. If they don't see you under your goal weight and continuing your weight loss progress, they won't approve the surgery. So however you decide to lose weight, it has to be sustainable.

Btw, good luck with your psych eval tomorrow. I'm sure everything will go great! You are almost there! How are you feeling? Excited? Nervous? Keep us posted.

I'm anxious. Not really for the appointment itself but for what happens after the appointment. That is where you officially find out if you get approved or not. They will determine if I need any additional tests and if I am ready for surgery. If everything goes well I should be able to schedule surgery soon.

I'm anxious. Not really for the appointment itself but for what happens after the appointment. That is where you officially find out if you get approved or not. They will determine if I need any additional tests and if I am ready for surgery. If everything goes well I should be able to schedule surgery soon.

So far you sound like you've got this !!
All ducks in a row! :)
Good luck tomorrow

Thank you for this! I started my process in early February with Kaiser SSF and I'm not kidding! The diet part has been hard! It's been a slow process but I'm not giving up! I have about 17lbs more to go!and like you, I started focusing on my protein but I can't cut carbs.