Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lapband removed on 1st March- still getting food stuck

I don't usually come on forums but don't know where else to go to for help. I'm from the UK and had a lapband placed in January 2012. It's been nothing but a disaster. There was apparently nothing medically wrong with my band but became unable to eat without vomiting to the point of vomiting blood. It was then removed last week. Since then I can eat much better but I'm nowhere near returning to normal. Some denser food still gets stuck and I can only eat small quantities before getting very bloated. Am I likely to be just swollen from surgery or is there more to it than that? There is simply no further support available here and it's not possible to talk to the surgeon until my appt at the end of next month. Just after post removal stories really. Thanks in advance.

It can still be some swelling. However, scar tissue that has formed is another possibility.

On 09/03/2017 at 2:29 PM, Kbaldwin87 said:

I don't usually come on forums but don't know where else to go to for help. I'm from the UK and had a lapband placed in January 2012. It's been nothing but a disaster. There was apparently nothing medically wrong with my band but became unable to eat without vomiting to the point of vomiting blood. It was then removed last week. Since then I can eat much better but I'm nowhere near returning to normal. Some denser food still gets stuck and I can only eat small quantities before getting very bloated. Am I likely to be just swollen from surgery or is there more to it than that? There is simply no further support available here and it's not possible to talk to the surgeon until my appt at the end of next month. Just after post removal stories really. Thanks in advance.

I am 1month down from havin my band removed after 7years and having the same problems as you are i find later in the day i can eat and drink more fluids early morning is impossible ive also found they dont do this procedure much now due to people having lots of problems with it but disapointed that nothing has been offered to replace it help

Are you uk based? I'm much better than I was but still occasionally get stuck. My surgeon says it'll just stop happening eventually once the body absorbs the scar tissue. I was offered a sleeve instead and now don't know what to do I had such a bad time with the band.

Yes am in the uk are you? had my surgery at the royal derby hospital i hope it does settle down i havent eaten a solid meal since march and lost 4 1/2st so my surgeon wont do anything for me as i dont fit the criteria now i go to see him at the end of the month just waiting for the appointment to come through x

Yeah I'm in Gloucester. It will definitely get better. Mine just made me vomit constantly towards the end and I never lost any weight. Now just trying to lose weight with slimming world. Not sure what else to do!

Just now, Kbaldwin87 said:

Yeah I'm in Gloucester. It will definitely get better. Mine just made me vomit constantly towards the end and I never lost any weight. Now just trying to lose weight with slimming world. Not sure what else to do!

Go to slimming world and exercise my love.the way i am at the min i dont want anything else doin ive had enough since the beging of feb when i got a sickness bug they think the bacteria got in to my band and knackered it up thats why i ended up with a large capsular round the band that was strangulating my stomach. Xx