Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my pre-op with PS Assistant

Met with PS assistant yesterday. Went over everything for pre op and post op. Got all my questions answered, got my meds and future dates for pre-op at the hospital, marking date , surgery date and time and post op appt.

Will be having the boob reduction lift with FNG on March 21st at 7:30 am. Will be the first patient and will be having 2 PS surgeons in the operating room. The lead Doctor has a passion for the massive weight loss patients and extensive experience in brachioplasty, medial thigh lift, extended abdominoplasty and breast lifts. He is the President of the Florida Medical Association with its 21,000 physicians and the President of Palm Beach County Society of Plastic Surgeons. He is the President of the Florida chapter of the American College of Surgeons and is also the Governor of the college. He currently serves as the Division Chief at the Department of Reconstructive Surgery of the hospital where I will have my surgery. The other Dr is also well known for breast reconstruction, body contouring, and post-bariatric surgery. So I feel really good about both of them. Many other staff will be in the room. The list was too numerous for me to count. I am such a rare case the assistant mentioned the Doctors may ask if they can use my before and after photos. They told me growing up I probably had macromastia breasts but due to my morbid obesity no one realized it. I was once a 70 I how could they not realize it? Now that the weight is off the breast tissue hangs down to my belly button. It will be a 3 to 4 hour procedure. They are hoping to send me home later that afternoon if I recover well. However will keep me over night if they feel it is necessary.

The hospital will supply one post-op bra but the assistant said I should have another one on hand for when I have to wash the one the hospital will give me. When the assistant was discussing the post-op bras she asked what I was wear that day. I told her a 48 DDD, (which is too loose on me) she was a bit surprised I was able to get all that loose skin into that bra. But when I showed her the bra she understood. She said the Doctors will try their best to get me down to a 46 C, so that is the post op bra she suggested I get. Because my breast are not dense and mostly skin she said it would only be about 3 pounds that will be removed. I found that hard to believe, but we shall see.

To have the girls up where they belong will be such a wonderful thing. No more rashes, heaviness , pinched nipples when I close draws and inability to do exercise. I have been dreaming of having them done for a long time and now it is finally going to happen. I am so excited and can hardly wait for March 21st.
Please send good wishes my way! Probably very few on this site have had this kind of surgery so let me know if I should continue with updates.

I haven't been on the site in a very long time...I was an early one....had my surgery in 2011....best thing I ever did....second best thing was my breast reduction!!! I LOVE MY BOOBS NOW!!!! I am a 38B (not so big) and so happy I didn't have implants....but they removed 150 grams of tissue from one and 9 from the other to get them to match. Congratulations and I have a feeling you will be SO happy! I was 58 at surgery and 60 when I had my breast reduction done.

I'm equally excited for you! I ask for many blessings to come your way too. Seems like you've got great surgeons and staff working for you as well. What a blessing! I'm a 40H and am looking forward to losing the weight on the boobs and getting them lifted too. Yay for a new you all over again!

I'm waiting for a call back from the scheduler… hoping to have my lift/reduction within the next month. Pre weight loss I was wearing at 42G. 140lbs lighter and I'm in a 34F (cups are a bit loose, but I refuse to spend $$ on new bras until after). Mine aren't quite to my belly button, but they're close! Hope all goes well for you & excited to follow your experience!

Happy news. Terrific! Are you comfortable with PS? Did you receive date? I went from skin filling my cups to my remade size full B to C. Great feeling -

On 3/13/2017 at 3:05 AM, Stella S said:

Happy news. Terrific! Are you comfortable with PS? Did you receive date? I went from skin filling my cups to my remade size full B to C. Great feeling -

My surgery date was suppose to be March 21st but 13 hours before surgery they cancelled it. Now I am waiting for a biopsy, the results and we will go from there. I was very disappointed as I was hoping to get these humongous breasts reduced and lifted back where they belong and recovered in time for summer. So glad you were able to get the size you wanted. I too am hoping for a B cup instead of what I was an I. I have only skin now and no breast tissue. Have no idea how they were going to get a B cup from all this tissue. However the PS was sure I would love my breasts when he was done. Because of all the miscommunications with this biopsy and waiting to get approval I went to another PS to get a second opinion. This second Dr said I would need implants and would not have been happy with breasts formed from my tissue. He also said he would make me new nipples from my tissue as a FNG wouldn't take. So now I don't know if I should stay with the original Dr or try to get them done by the 2nd one after the results of the biopsy comes in. I am very frustrated at this point and will have to ask more questions and take my time deciding.