Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks

That was a pretty scientifically illiterate post. Literally everything is made of chemicals, and literally all food is *real* food. Sure, some aren't as healthy as others, but you can't go calling the ones that are unhealthy "fake". That's not how science, food, or life works.

We are not made to eat chemicals. Look around at all the sick people, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer, children all have add, adhd. That specifically comes from eating unhealthy fake food. Mac n cheese and nuggets are NOT real food. They are chemically altered imitations of food.
Do some research before calling my post illiterate. Read some labels. We are not made to ingest chemicals no matter how small an amount or how safe they tell us it is.
Look at the diet of a healthy person. Trash and junk food are not a part of it. Diet sodas are a chemical Soup.
It is your body. If you feel good about what you put in it then that is your choice. But don't try to sugar coat a post that is made to help people who genuinely struggle with addiction and are searching for a way to break it and eat healthier. That's who this post is for.

We are not made to eat chemicals. Look around at all the sick people, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer, children all have add, adhd. That specifically comes from eating unhealthy fake food. Mac n cheese and nuggets are NOT real food. They are chemically altered imitations of food.
Do some research before calling my post illiterate. Read some labels. We are not made to ingest chemicals no matter how small an amount or how safe they tell us it is.
Look at the diet of a healthy person. Trash and junk food are not a part of it. Diet sodas are a chemical Soup.
It is your body. If you feel good about what you put in it then that is your choice. But don't try to sugar coat a post that is made to help people who genuinely struggle with addiction and are searching for a way to break it and eat healthier. That's who this post is for.

I don't buy that processed and fast foods are poison. No evidence (other than cheap movies) suggests that to be true.

My mother and mother-in-law are both well into their 90's and both drink diet soda daily.

That said, we are what we eat. I try to make most of my meals out of Whole Foods. I don't waste money on so-called organic foods.

I do enjoy 1-2 In N Out burgers a year and 12 ounces of diet soda a week.

We do not know that Type 2 diabetes is generally linked to obesity - not processed food unless that's all you eat.

No own knows what causes cancer, but most of the women I knew who had breast cancer, were on birth control; lung cancer and smoking, liver cancer and alcoholism.

Remember that the worst poisons on earth occur naturally; plan your diet, count your calories, and major in Whole Foods.

You'll be fine!

Thanks

Is it ok to drink diet iced tea? I love raspberry Iced tea, it was my go to drink when I stopped drinking diet coke. I am having my sleeve surgery in June but if I won't be able to drink the diet iced tea, I'll give it up now!

Definitely stay away from carbonation of any kind post op. Diet iced tea may vary. Your taste buds may change and you may find you dont like it anymore. Take the safe road with plain old Water no worries no hassles.

Carbonation can stretch the sleeve.

Not true

I'm dying for a sip of diet coke... what is it about soda that we aren't allowed to drink it? Does the carbonation hurt the sleeve?

I'm gonna tell ya, son
Diet coke has no calories, for sure. But...my freinds, it causes me to make bad decisions, bad choices. Think. Gulping down DC. chicken wings? OK, just a few. bread? Of course, what a simple thing! DC w/o fries? Perish the thought. And how, simple the move from one DC to another, to another, to a, blooming onion! Fucks me it does. Sorry for the crude thoughts, but it surely does. ☹

carbinionation blows up our tummies like a balloon and then it hurts and is gassy. I was told no carbonation for at least 6 months...if EVER. And I'm a full blown Diet Coke addict. But I haven't wanted any at all post surgery. Thank GOD.

Honestly, when I do drink Diet Coke it's like a gateway drug to all the other bad things I like.

See my comments later....

I'm read forums some agree and disagree posts

I'm been drinking Diet Coke and any soda lots till I got kidney stone in 2011 and I'm decide to quit because I'm nearly died from that but no laughing matter!

if you're on post operations please don't drinking pop soda,diet soda and iced tea for years they you can wreck your surgery trust me!

I'm always drinking healthy water bottle 24/7 but you can put Water bottle with crystal light its great choice..

Well try it!
There is a reason for everything.

How long ago were you sleeved?

I tried it after about 9 months. I can't drink much, but other than that, it's just another drink with artificial sweetener.

If you think it's bad - don't drink it!

1 hour ago, Cape Crooner said:

How long ago were you sleeved?

I tried it after about 9 months. I can't drink much, but other than that, it's just another drink with artificial sweetener.

If you think it's bad - don't drink it!

I'm been gastric sleeve last January 9 and I'm on post operation for two months and nine weeks later..

but pop soda and iced tea not good for gastric bypass after surgery