Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Considering a revision - read this!

I think of it like a cousin of mine. She had c-sections even though she wanted home birth, her two other kids were delivered c-section as well even though she tried to go the route of VBAC. Years later she joins Facebook, finds these VBAC groups, and turns into nothing but incessant whining about how she's been betrayed and starts suggesting women avoid c-sections at all costs. One of the reasons I deleted Facebook years ago.
Unfortunately some people are so upset (or feel so betrayed) by things they can't be reasoned with.

I can totally believe this. Everyone now wants to be a victim of something. Yes I have had complications, but I face them head on knowing it is just a bump on the road to the main goal!

13 minutes ago, bearhugs1975 said:

I can totally believe this. Everyone now wants to be a victim of something. Yes I have had complications, but I face them head on knowing it is just a bump on the road to the main goal!

Yeah. My wife had an emergency c-section while 9cm dilated (1cm left before they'd deliver) , but her temp was spiking too high and daughter's heart rate was well over 200 and they had a bunch of doctors/OB's/surgeons come in and all decided it was time to go to the surgery room. There was no question both of their lives were at risk. Yet this same cousin (who lives in South Carolina - I opted to move to Canada to be with my wife rather than move her to California) wanted to lecture my wife on her picture posts from postpartum about c-section being a bad decision, that the hospital/doctor/insurance is just trying to bank off c-sections, etc., even though we were in Canada and any situation was covered completely by universal.

I honestly see stuff like the OP in the same light. One of my uncles was cheated on by a lady and started telling everyone in the family not to have relationships. There's always these people who can't be reasoned with, and try and bring others into their circle of thought to validate their overreaction.

Edited by PatientEleventyBillion

[mention=314469]Smartfish[/mention]. I recommend neither. The bypass and sleeve are very drastic surgeries that will impact your life negatively.

I don't think such a blanket statement is fair. This surgery has changed many lives for the better.

@bearhugs1975......so you had a journey filled with complications post op from your initial revision and yet you recommend the revisions! Lool.
So you're a triple threat in the world of WLS!
Please be honest, your complications are due to your revision! These ppl are asking questions to seek advice and not hear meaningless platitudes. They want to avoid our mistakes! There's no shame in admitting your revision from the band to the sleeve led to so many complications you needed to be revised to the bypass. That the revision may have staved of diabetes but led to more surgeries and other issues

Seriously,

Don't come here to laugh at people and be a wench because you had a bad experience. Your negativity probably aided in your issues. Let people live their lives without scrutiny.